ADVERTISEMENT

Guy Emanuele Tip-Off Showcase at James Logan high school

Sep 13, 2016
1st Annual Guy Emanuele tip-off Showcase at James Logan High School Saturday November 26th.

1)Antioch vs. Irvington: 12pm
2)Clayton Valley vs. Deer Valley: 130pm
3)El Cerrito vs. Mt Eden: 3pm
4)McClymonds vs. Pittsburg: 430pm
5)San Leandro vs. Freedom: 6pm
6)James Logan (host) vs. Oakland Tech: 730pm (Main Event)

Great opportunity to come out and enjoy some very competitive games. Honored to showcase some of the best talent in the Bay Area.

Last edited:
Going up against the tip off classic at Newark on the same day is going to be tough in terms
Of the gate draw.It will be a good for the teams involved to get on the floor against
a quality opponent some good match ups San leandro vs freedom should be a great game.

Location is close to Newark though, so it actually can potentially benefit if fans want to catch a game or two at this event and go back and forth from the Tip-off. But then again maybe not in reality, Tip-off's schedule is a lot stronger lol

Looks like some great matchups. Lots of good teams missing from Newark's classic. Might have to catch a few of these games.

Location is close to Newark though, so it actually can potentially benefit if fans want to catch a game or two at this event and go back and forth from the Tip-off. But then again maybe not in reality, Tip-off's schedule is a lot stronger lol
I-880 separates the Newark and Union City schools.. a very short drive indeed..

This was a good event and I hope it is continued next year. I watched 5.5 of the games only leaving at halftime of the last game.

1) Antioch beat Irvington 58-44
2) Deer Valley beat Clayton Valley 76-62
3) Mt Eden beat El Cerrito 73-61. I was impressed with Mt Eden.
4) Pittsburg beat Mack 59-32 and game was not even close at all.
5) Freedom beat San Leandro 65-59. Game was close the whole way. Freedom seems to find a way to win. Both teams looked good.
6) I left at halftime with the score 24-24 between James Logan and Oakland Tech. James Logan is better than they usually are. Maxpreps is reporting the outcome and I'm surprised at the margin of victory. Oakland Tech was sloppy with the ball. In a big game they need to value possessions more than they did in this game.

I was impressed with Souley Boum of Oakland Tech. He plays hard 100% of the time. There isn't any time when he was coasting and that was impressive for a player who is as talented as him.

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
I thought the James Logan folks did a great job getting this event off the ground.

I too was impressed with Mt Eden and Logan. However, the best game was Freedom versus a very talented San Leandro. Freedom's constant defensive pressure wore out the Pirates. Good win for the Freedom.

I know McClymonds still has some of their starters as well as role players, as many as 5 out on the football field as chances are they are a lock for spot NorCal Regional Football Bowl Championship and may not be back on the court until as affer Dec. 17th. The same for the other schools who's football post season still continues.

Pretty surprised by the Mt. Eden-El Cerrito result.

4-0 showing for the BVAL

Not as much as the El Cerrito game

I thought Oakland Tech would get past Logan, but the Colts have a solid program.

I thought Freedom would beat San Leandro. Torres does a good job over there

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT