ADVERTISEMENT

Help Me Understand

Apr 26, 2019
My son just told my Lincoln of Stockton dropped Inderkum High School off their schedule after 1 year. Now Inderkum doesn't have a full schedule.

Their AD said that Lincoln dropped them for safety reasons. Has anyone seen Inderkum play? They are always the smaller of any team they face. Yes they play hard.

Lincoln's Frosh dominated my son's team.

Inderkum's JV team won in a close game.

The Varsity team won convincingly. But L of S, moved the ball on the varsity team, they just couldn't finish drives.

They also dropped Central Catholic.

Per 2018 Calpreps.com...
Lincoln was 3-7, with a rating of 11.2.
Ind was 11-1, with a rating of 46.5. They beat Lincoln 56-7.
Central C was 12-1 with a rating of 49.3. They beat Lincoln 47-7.

By removing those two teams they take off a combined 23-2. Each averaging over 35 rating points better than Lincoln. The remaining teams on their schedule offer sufficient competition (competitive equity, the opponents they lost to were a combined 42-18, a .700 winning percentage) that I would imagine they are looking to pick up two lesser teams, maybe go 5-5, 6-4, and get into the playoffs. Keeping CC and Ind are two losses.

Using safety, etc., is along the lines of a coach leaving 'to spend more time with the family', an excuse that cannot easily be argued with. The coaches saying is that it's never to far to go to get a win. My reasoning here is likely very flawed, I'm sure they have very valid safety concerns. But there are not a lot of teams out there right now looking for games.

Reactions: 13 others
It’s BS schools drop games this time of year. St Mary’s dropping Logan for MV down south was BS, thankfully Logan picked up Dublin. Still, St Mary’s should have at least called and talked in person than just leaving a message.

Lincoln/Stockton needs to hit the weight room & coaches need to coach! Total BS excuse for a school such as Lincoln to use the safety excuse. Hell, we’re not talking about some D5 school with limited numbers.

Sure looks like a questionable call now, after starting 4-0 with an average score of 42-3. I guess winning 48-0 feels a whole lot better than losing 56-7. Most likely a 9-1 season for the Trojans. If I was in charge of playoff seedings, first round game would have Inderkum vs Lincoln. Maybe they would forfeit that game too?

Sure looks like a questionable call now, after starting 4-0 with an average score of 42-3. I guess winning 48-0 feels a whole lot better than losing 56-7. Most likely a 9-1 season for the Trojans. If I was in charge of playoff seedings, first round game would have Inderkum vs Lincoln. Maybe they would forfeit that game too?
I think it has something to do with Lincoln’s youth probably their best players are sophomores and juniors with a freshman QB. It’s not crazy to think they want easier games to get them some varsity experience before playing teams like Inderkum or CC. It’s not like they are crushing good teams look at the records of the teams they’ve played so far

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT