ADVERTISEMENT

HMB sits @ 5-0 how far will they go in new format?

GOTF

Hall of Famer
Jun 5, 2011
If I understand it correctly.... No longer is it possible in CCS for an "A -league" team to play a " B-league " team in post season play.

If this is truly the case what would HMB's post season look like?

Could we be looking at another Sutter vs HMB in the NORCAL FINAL?

Just checked the CCS website. Div. 1 and 2 "A" league teams only. Division 3 and 4 - A and B league teams only. Division 5 - B and C league teams only. "C" league teams can only play in Division 5. There was talk about keeping "A" league teams out of Division 4 but that did not come to pass.

If I understand it correctly.... No longer is it possible in CCS for an "A -league" team to play a " B-league " team in post season play.

If this is truly the case what would HMB's post season look like?

Could we be looking at another Sutter vs HMB in the NORCAL FINAL?
They can still play D2 and D3....Carmel (in a B league) and Palma (in an A league) will probably be in there. Both are dangerous.

Palma will most likely be in D-II, but Carmel in D-III will be tough for anyone. HMB can not play higher than D-III.
If Palma loses to Soquel and Monterey, they will be close to dropping to DIII. I thought I saw somewhere that they would have been DIII last year even without the forfeits. It would probably be best for a competitive division for them to end up in DIII. Otherwise its likely that Carmel and HMB will roll through everyone.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
If Palma loses to Soquel and Monterey, they will be close to dropping to DIII. I thought I saw somewhere that they would have been DIII last year even without the forfeits. It would probably be best for a competitive division for them to end up in DIII. Otherwise its likely that Carmel and HMB will roll through everyone.
What makes you think Palma will lose to Monterey? Certainly possible, but the results on the field so far don't suggest that.

Wondering where Cardinal Newman may end up in regionals. They could be a tough in the lower divisions.
If they remain on their current path, it's unlikely they'll be competing in the regionals. Right now, they're slated to be in NCS D-1, which means they'll have to go through SRV, Pitt, or even DLS to make it to the state playoffs. I think they're good, but not that good.

What makes you think Palma will lose to Monterey? Certainly possible, but the results on the field so far don't suggest that.

What makes you think Monterey can't beat Palma? Palma will struggle with teams that spread the field and are faster than them. Emarrcis Turner did whatever he wanted to Palma DBs. I would imagine Kavon Collins will do the same. Their offense is one dimensional. You won't shut down Eli Dukes and the run game, but you can play disciplined football and limit the big plays. Can Monterey play disciplined football for 4 quarters is a big question. I think its a 50/50 game. I wasn't there, but I heard Monterey appeared to be the superior team in the scrimmage against Palma. Ya I know it was just a scrimmage.

Curious have you actually seen Monterey play?

Wondering where Cardinal Newman may end up in regionals. They could be a tough in the lower divisions.
Good chance they wont make it to the regionlas. They could possibly drop one to Windsor or MC, but if they run the table I’d bet they get pulled up to NCS D-1/Open.

If they remain on their current path, it's unlikely they'll be competing in the regionals. Right now, they're slated to be in NCS D-1, which means they'll have to go through SRV, Pitt, or even DLS to make it to the state playoffs. I think they're good, but not that good.
Need to read through the thread before reply and I waste key strokes 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT