ADVERTISEMENT

I’m getting a 2nd dose of my Hoosiers fix!

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Yup, I’m at Placer to watch a frosh/JV/V tripleheader vs a strong Del Oro team.

Remember those Roadrunner cartoon, where the coyote thinks he’s just about to ram a knife and fork into the bird, then said bird hops into the air, looks back, sticks his tongue at the coyote, then hits the afterburners, zooming off into the distance, sucking the road, telegraph poles, cactus, etc behind him in a vortex, leaving the coyote with his jaw on the ground?

Well, it’s sorta like this 29-0 Del Oro run.

Finally, Placer hits a pair of FT’s…. and the quarter end 71-34 in favor of Del Oro.

Last edited:
Del Oro goes meep meep, for an 11-0 run…. but Placer gets a couple bucket to stem the tide a little…. 27-14.

36-22 Del Oro at the half…. Placer caught iron on a halfcourt buzzerbeater, but nope…

61-37 Del Oro after 3. Was hoping to get some reasonably close games, but not so far…

Varsity has a chance…. Placer is 9-1, Del Oro is 9-1. However, Placer’s loss was by 22 to Oak Ridge, a team that is close or maybe slightly better in ability to Del Oro.

Placer’s gonna hafta BRING IT…

Del Oro’s star is Caden Pinnick, heck of a player who is even better at QB on the gridiron. Pinnick is averaging almost 19 points a game.

No stats available for Placer, but I’ve seen ‘em against weaker competition and I was impressed.

At least at the start of the season, Placer was starting a freshman and two sophs. And they were really good, at least against the lower-level competition.

Last edited:
Del Oro JV’s come out on top, 71-52. Placer showed a little fight down the stretch.

BTW, the SFL is gonna be a freakin’ WAR this season! Four excellent teams.

Reid Brear opens the scoring for Del Oro with a 3.

Nice pass to DeAndre Howard for a Placer score…. 3-2.

Now 5-5 after a quick trade…

the frosh Hawkins hits a corner 3…. 8-4 Del Oro.

Reis Dwelle hits a 3 for Placer…. 8-7.

Howard drives, scores, misses FT on the foul, gets the rebound and hits a guy underneath for.a score…. 11-8 Placer, heck of a sequence.

Jake Williams with a runner for Del Oro…. 11-10.

Next time down, Carter Erickson is fouled, splits FT’s for Del Oro. 11-11.

Howard again with a score, 13-11.

Frosh Kannon Rector hits a 3 for Placer…

STEAL, Howard goes in for a dunk, blows it. 16-11 Placer.

Missed who did it, but Del Oro scores… and Placer hits a 3…. 19-13. HECK of a ball game brewing here…. btw, Pinnock has played only a little for Del Oro. Del Oro ball, 47 seconds in the quarter.

Placer rebounds a miss, likely getting last shot.

Nope, nuthin doing. 19-13 Placer after one quarter.

Just noticed I did a whole quarter in one post…. I’ll try to break it up.. :)

Placer scores inside, Del Oro nails a 3…. all too fast for my fingers…. 21-16.

GREAT pass, Pinnock to Williams, I think…. 21-18 Placer.

Placer gets another bucket…. 23-18, but Alex Kime nails a long 3 for Del Oro…. 23-21.

5:18 left in the half.

Brear nails a long one, Del Oro sees its first lead, 24-23. 4:46 in the half.

Physical ball game here…. Terrific action.

Soph Luke Galer of Del Oro fouled on a putback try, he makes 1 of 2. Missed it again, but another score by Del Oro, and it’s 27-23 Del Oro. 1:41 left in the half, Placer calls time.

Manley scores inside for Placer…. 27-25. Nice pass from another soph, Jeremiah Rethi.

Pinnick with a behind the back pass to Jake Williams for a 3-pointer at the buzzer! 30-25 Del Oro at the half.

Placer need to cut into this lead right off, and Ben Manley goes to the hole, fouled on the way, hits both FT’s…. and a Del Oro travel on the other end…

Joe Manley drives and scores, then they get it back and Kobe Espina hits a 3…. another stop, and Reis Dwelle nails a 3…. 10 straight coming out of the locker room for Placer! 35-10 Placer. 6:22 left 3rrd.

Reid Brear fouled on the way up…. FT’s good. 35-32 Placer.

Pinnick rebounds, goes all the way for a score, he steals, scores again! 36-35 Del Oro. 5:11 left 3rd.

Ben Manley fouled, hits a pair…. 37-36 Placer.

Pinnick is swatted, sets up a runout…. Dwelle nails a 3! 40-36 Placer, 4:11 left 3rd.

What a BALL GAME we got going here…

Hawkins with a drive and score…. 40-38, then Placer throws a pass to…. Nobody.

Pinnick nails a LONG 3…. 41-40 Del Oro.

Ben Manley fouled on the way up…. misses both FT’s.

Placer with a terrific fast break off a rebound…. 42-41.

They have it again off a turnover, Espina fouled, bonus…. FT’s split…. 43-41 Placer.

2 minutes…. NICE runner by Cole Kelley of Del Oro, but Placer answers…. 45-53. Now Espina fouled, FT’s good. 47-43.

PLacer rebound…. Beautiful back-door, but it’s blocked out of bounds. 23 seconds left in the 3rd. Placer unable to hit. Del Oro trying to get that last shout, but Placer smartly fouling before they can get one off.. Finally, a desperation heave bounces off iron. 47-43 Placer after 3 quarters.

Ben Manley nails a 3 for PLacer, Del Oro counters with an inside hoop. Another score for Placer, it’s 52-45. and they get another stop…

6:14 left in the ballgame.

Great pass to Espina from Ben Manley, it’s 54-45 and Del Oro calls time. 5:58 left.

Putback. by Brear, 54-47.

Ben Manley with a spin move and runner! 56-47.

Placer rebounds an errant 3, Ben Manley goes to the hole again, is fouled…. FT’s both swish…. 58-47. Getting desperate for Del Oro.

4:26 left.

Ben Manley steal! He scores…

Hawkins comes right back and scores for Del Oro, a 3-ball goes for Placer! and a Wilsonburger served up… and Espina nails a 3…. this is all over, yell the Placer fans as some Del Oro folks are heading out…. 65-51 after a Del Oro score, 2:37 left.

Nothing like a vistors’ blown layup to get the home crowd going…. still 65-51, 1:47 left.

Espina slips behind a gambling Del Oro D for a layup…. 67-51. 1:12 left.

Oops, Del Oro travel with nobody on him…. Here come the walkons, errr scrubs, errr backups….

Now the trickle to the exits by Del Oro is a stampede…. 67-53 final in a few seconds.

Ballgame…. btw, I LOVE this gym!!!

(Just in case you’ve never heard that before…)
Hope you can make the Kendall Arnett (28,29,30) the Kendall is a great tournament,Del Oro,Nevada Union,Del Campo,Amador,Colfax,Rio Americano,Foothill,,regardless who’s in it its pretty much down to the wire….never disappoints….btw,did i tell you its loud,loud,loud! 😂😂👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT