ADVERTISEMENT

My Old Campolindo Home

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
The sun shines bright…. Oh, wait, this ain’t the horse racing forum…

I’m in Campo’s gym, where ya don’t wanna have the sun shine. That’d be a roof leak.

Anyway, I’m here to watch my Cougs take on the Las Lomas Knights.

Right now, it’s the frosh game, and the Cougs lead 5-4 midway thru the 4th quater.

Welll…. I went out to the food truck at the half, came back, looked at the board, it was 36-35 Las Lomas with about 2 minutes left in the 3rd. Then the Campo run started, to get the 45-36 leads by the Cougs after 3…. Then the Cougs kept on going with the streak…. When they were done, they had run off 23 straight. The Las Lomas started chopping into the lead, BIGTIME, getting within 10 with a couple minutes left.

But the Cougs held on, winning by (I think) 64-56.

That was a pretty crazy game, a 23-point streak followed immediately by a double-digit streak the other way.

Cougs lead 26-20 after just one quarter…. I’ve sure seen plenty of JV games where this was a halftime score.

Scoring down to a more normal pace…. 37-30 Cougs at half of the JV game.

46-41 Cougs after 3 quarters of JV play.

Cougs have led pretty much all the way, but LL has been right there, 5-8 points off.

Cougs rebound, but LL steal and score to pull within 1.

Cougs driving score, 54-51. 3:13 left, time out.

LL guard slipped, threw it to a Coug for an easy score, but a LONG 3 by LL makes it 56-54. 1:35 left.

Cougs fouled on the way up, 1:25 left. FT’s both good…. 58-54.

LL with a great baseline inbounds play, score…. FT is NO good…. Cougs rebound…. Shot no, LL rebound, but they toss a bad pass, force a backcourt violation…. Cougs ball…. They run a lil clock, 3 from the corner…. POWW!!!! 61-56.

LL unable to score, fouls…. FT’s both good…. 63-56. Long LL try, nope…. Cougs win!

OK, Varsity. Cougs are 19-4, LL is 13-10. But throw out the record books in league play…

Rendle pass to Mansour for 2…

Smith rebounds a Cougs miss a minute later, pass to Mansour, fouled…. Misses both. Not good.

Rendle rebound, pass to Smith, fouled…. pass to Mansour, miss, rebound, make. 4-0.

LL on the board…. 4-2. 5:34 left 1st.

Smith scores off a nice pass by Beld (I think). 6-2.

btw, Cougs are without Luke Bonardi tonight, flu syptoms.

Lots of unproductive up-n-down ball, both coaches trying to settle their teams.

LL #22 hook shot good…. 6-4.

Beld drives and scores off the window…

LL #4 with a baseline J.

Smith scores inside…. 10-6 Cougs.

2:40 left

LL #22 scores…. 10-8.

Rendle frpm the corner…. BOOOOOM!! 13-8. 2:04 left 1st.

LL #22 fouled on the way up…. Makes both. 13-11.

Mansour spinning drive, 2 points…. 15-10.

LL #22 driving score…. 15-12. 1:16 left 1st.

Rendle with another corner 3!!

LL races down, buzzer-beater try…. Good!

18-15 Cougs after 1 quarter.

Cougs travel…

Mansour pass to Devine for an easy 2…. 20-18.

LL #42 gets a pass, fouled going up. FT’s good. 20-20.

LL steal and score…. 22-20 Las Lomas. 5:01 left in the half.

LL steal under their own basket, they get it downcourt, ball knocked out off a Cougar. LL #3 drives and scores…. 24-20, but Max Robeson scores…. LL scores… Rendle nails a 3!! 26-25 LL.

2:52 left in the half.

Max Robeson takes a charge!! Cougs ball, 35.1 left…. The guy who charged looks pretty shook up…. LL’s #3.

Uhoh, looks like they’re checking his neck.

He’s sitting up now…. now he’s pointing at his hip, too. But he leaves under his own power.

Mansour to the backcutting Rendle for 2…

LL’s #23 gets off a wing 3 at the buzzer…. Rims out.

Cougs lead 27-26 at the half.

Just about to get the ball rolling in the 3rd…

Cougs ball to start.

Mansour catches the inbounds pass, drives right to the rack and is fouled…

Misses both, but Rendle rebounds! Pass to Smith, who’s fouled…. First one rattles around and in, the next around and out. 28-26 Cougs.

LL travel..

Rendle 3, nope…

Smith serves up a Wilsonburger…. Rendle NAILs a wing 3! 31-26 Cougs.

LL returns the favor…. 31-29. 6:23 left 3rd.

Rendle takes a pass from Beld and scores….

33-29, 5:38 left 3rd.

Landon Fly from the wing…. BOOM!!!! 36-29.

LL #3 spin move, scores….

Rendle drives in from the wing and scores! 38-31 Cougs. 3:05 left 3rd.

#3 for LL, drive…. fouled on the way up by Mansour. FT’s: First, nope…. 2nd, yup…. 32-28.

Marchetti drives the left side of the lane, fouled on the way…. First good, 2nd also. 40-32 Cougs.

Corner 3 by LL #32 for 3…. 40-35.

Pass to Mansour, scores inside…. 42-35.

Smith rebound, pass to him inside, scores…. LL scores. 44-37.

55 seconds left 3rd.

Terrific hesi move and scoop shot by LL #3…. 44-39.

Mansour from the elbow, nails it. 46-39 after 3 quarters.

4th q…

LL ball to start.

LL #23 nails a corner 3…. Steal, LL ball.

46-42.

#3 nails a long 3 for LL…

Mansour fouled as he scores inside…. FT is good. 49-45.

Fly gets his 4th foul…. 6:19 left, LL ball, baseline.

Mansour drives, fouled on the way up. Misses first, LL calls time. 5:53 left. still 49-45.

Second one up and good. 50-45.

Mansour STEAL at halfcourt, Eurostep, score!.

Cougs get a stop Marchetti to Smith for 2… 54-45.

Another stop…. Beld drive, bounces out…. but Smith with a writhing rebound, and putback score!! 56-45. 4:29. Fantastic play by Smith!

LL #3 layup…. 56-47.

Smith pass out to Rendle for a 3…. BOOOOOM! 59-47.

2:54 left.

Mansour drive, rolls out… but Smith cleans up!

LL 3-ball.. 61-50.

Mansour nails a 3!! 64-50.

I hear opera singing outside…. 56 seconds left.

It’s all over but the fouling…. Joe Revelos gets a turn at the stripe, sinks 2… Cougs rebound, dribble it out. 67-53 final.

btw, obviously, that guy who took a huge fall for LL is fine…. He played and played well all thru the 2nd half.

Also, I just heard that Benicia beat YV tonight…. So Wednesday’s Campo game at YV has gotten even MORE interesting…

Reactions: observer22
Also, I just heard that Benicia beat YV tonight…. So Wednesday’s Campo game at YV has gotten even MORE interesting…
Dal interesting league ! Clayton top two seed NCS div 1, campo one of top 3 seeds div 2 , miramonte top 4 seeds div 3 and Ygnacio n top 2 seed div 4 ! Thoughts on seedings

Dal interesting league ! Clayton top two seed NCS div 1, campo one of top 3 seeds div 2 , miramonte top 4 seeds div 3 and Ygnacio n top 2 seed div 4 ! Thoughts on seedings
DAL standings should be much clearer after tomorrow’s games. 9-1 Campo at 9-1 YV, and 8-2 CVC at 9-2 Benicia.

"Required to move to a higher division in 2024 based on competitive division criteria" -- NCS website

is the reason. I guess basically the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT