ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Book- First Career Start

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Congrats to the kid from Oak Ridge. First career start and he made the most of it. (starter out with injury). Was solid and did what it took to win. Guys like Book are why all you youngsters should keep working hard. Didn't pass a lot of the look test but I've always said that stuff is for idiots like Mel Kiper. There are always places for smart kids who work hard and don't bitch/moan about being entitled. A good day in general across college FB with tons of local kids making the best of it.

https://www.ndinsider.com/football/...cle_6a08fd9c-abc2-11e7-b5ae-0ff17820823d.html

Congrats to the kid from Oak Ridge. First career start and he made the most of it. (starter out with injury). Was solid and did what it took to win. Guys like Book are why all you youngsters should keep working hard. Didn't pass a lot of the look test but I've always said that stuff is for idiots like Mel Kiper. There are always places for smart kids who work hard and don't bitch/moan about being entitled. A good day in general across college FB with tons of local kids making the best of it.

https://www.ndinsider.com/football/...cle_6a08fd9c-abc2-11e7-b5ae-0ff17820823d.html
Great stuff for the local kid from Eldo!

Reactions: coachlittle
Yeah its pretty cool watching local kids do it at the next level. Every time I tune into watch Browning he's breaking another record at Wash. That kid is incredible but are any of us surprised? But you look at some of the other kids like Tanner Trosin from Folsom and he's killing it up at Southern Oregon U. Just have to find your spot. Not everybody is a D1 kid but there are plenty of quality schools out there. I think OR current QB fits this mold.

Yeah its pretty cool watching local kids do it at the next level. Every time I tune into watch Browning he's breaking another record at Wash. That kid is incredible but are any of us surprised?

I went back and looked at Browning's statistics on Max Preps. Stunning really. His QBR came in about 150 in just about every game. Very few interceptions. I think that has is great but those states also reveal he had a great QB coach. Its a shame the community lost both but life goes on!

I went back and looked at Browning's statistics on Max Preps. Stunning really. His QBR came in about 150 in just about every game. Very few interceptions. I think that has is great but those states also reveal he had a great QB coach. Its a shame the community lost both but life goes on!

I'm thinking Taylor wishes he had somebody 1/2 as good as browning at UTAH. They don't stand a chance if they can't get the QB thing in gear. It was painful to watch against Stanford last night.

Browning is incredible. 91 TD's in HS one season. Who does that?

Bubba- True dat... Who the hell is Kuiper anyway!

Reactions: coachlittle
I’ve been waiting to see Ian Book play at the college level, I’ve always thought he’s very underrated, when I watched him play at the high school level I knew he was going to be really good, I watched him play against my Vacaville Bulldogs the same year Jared Goff played Vacaville, and TBH I saw Ian Book just as good as Jared Goff back then. Of course I’ll never forget the day I said on these boards that Jared Goff was one of the best QBs I’ve seen at the high school level and got blasted for it lol I just smile now:D

Reactions: sierrafoothillking
I’ve been waiting to see Ian Book play at the college level, I’ve always thought he’s very underrated, when I watched him play at the high school level I knew he was going to be really good, I watched him play against my Vacaville Bulldogs the same year Jared Goff played Vacaville, and TBH I saw Ian Book just as good as Jared Goff back then. Of course I’ll never forget the day I said on these boards that Jared Goff was one of the best QBs I’ve seen at the high school level and got blasted for it lol I just smile now:D
Jared Goff looks great!!! He's going to be special for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT