ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Book /ND

Book ended up with 5 TD's (3 rushing and 2 passing). Big game next week against Stanford. Should be like #6 vs #7 type.

Watched that Husky game. Ben Burr-Kirven is unbelievable. 20 tackles against ASU. Dude is an animal. Goes to show you heart and effort can take you a long way.

Book looked awesome last night for ND. I remember watching him at OR and thinking he would really be something.

He gets the ball out of his hands so quick with precision passing. I like their offense with him in there.

Cool shot of his parents at the game last night as well on TV. I bet they are super proud.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Agreed Cookies. Love to see a kid grind it out. Learns the system and wins the job after a lot of hard work. Didn't transfer or complain. Christ you are getting a ND degree. Lazer for an arm and you can tell coach and teammates have a lot of confidence in him. Athletically a better runner than many think as well. ND vs Stanford is going to be a great game next week. I would say Stanford is better but ND is at home. Stanford was incredible in 2nd half against a much improved Oregon team. Would love to see Cardinal win because they have a shot to be in BCS and at this point the only WC team who has any chance. I'm not overly sold on Wash after watching them struggle at times with ASU.

Agreed Cookies. Love to see a kid grind it out. Learns the system and wins the job after a lot of hard work. Didn't transfer or complain. Christ you are getting a ND degree. Lazer for an arm and you can tell coach and teammates have a lot of confidence in him. Athletically a better runner than many think as well. ND vs Stanford is going to be a great game next week. I would say Stanford is better but ND is at home. Stanford was incredible in 2nd half against a much improved Oregon team. Would love to see Cardinal win because they have a shot to be in BCS and at this point the only WC team who has any chance. I'm not overly sold on Wash after watching them struggle at times with ASU.

I still like Washington’s chances. Auburn could very well knock off Georgia or Alabama and a 1 loss Washington would be looking good. I actually had the same feeling as you watching Stanford struggle with San Diego St. Stanford of the second half vs Oregon looked like a playoff team. The first half Stanford looked lost. Oregon actually looked legit up until they collapsed. They were clicking like the Ducks of old.

I still like Washington’s chances. Auburn could very well knock off Georgia or Alabama and a 1 loss Washington would be looking good. I actually had the same feeling as you watching Stanford struggle with San Diego St. Stanford of the second half vs Oregon looked like a playoff team. The first half Stanford looked lost. Oregon actually looked legit up until they collapsed. They were clicking like the Ducks of old.

Man, UW sure let that Auburn game get away from them. While you're right that they could recover from if dominoes fall correctly, that would be such a nice W for them to have on the resume right now.

Reactions: slick58
I watched a bit of the Notre Dame-Wake game and thought Book played really well. I hope he sticks in the starting line up. I like him better than Wimbush.

Reactions: 13 others
U of W 6x in Redzone against Auburn and couldn't do anything. That killed them. Brutal. i know what you mean about Stanford and UofO looked like the old teams with that speed in the 1st half. Herbert is stud.

To be honest after watching BAMA play 3x this year does it really matter anyway? I haven't seen that sort of talent on one team in a very, very long time. Just downright silly.

Happy for Book. Def the spark they need on offense. They have enough talent to beat Stanford at home if they can score some points. I know WF isn't a good measure but its a great move by kelly because of the confidence boost.

Pretty cool about the talent of football we have in this area. Guys are playing in big games left and right.

Reactions: slick58
Kudos to Ian Book for being patient with what seems like a lot of starts and stops the past two seasons.

I thought ND was a little high for him coming out, but I have been proven wrong

I got to see him play at grant. He hand a good arm and was hard as hell to sack. I was impressed with him and he was the difference maker in beating us. Im also glad to see he stick it out throw hard times. Builds alot character esp later in life. i love seeing our local kids shine at the next level

Pretty amazing to think that you had ian book and jake browning playing around same time and facing each other once or twice..then add jonah williams and cameron smith to the mix...pretty great for area and sjs...possibility these last three get picked in first round...most certainly jonah and cameron but i think jake has the talent and smarts to be a first round pick..if he can do a lot this year it will show..did show relatively nicely against auburn and yesterday....looking forward to following ian too

U of W 6x in Redzone against Auburn and couldn't do anything. That killed them. Brutal. i know what you mean about Stanford and UofO looked like the old teams with that speed in the 1st half. Herbert is stud.

To be honest after watching BAMA play 3x this year does it really matter anyway? I haven't seen that sort of talent on one team in a very, very long time. Just downright silly.

Happy for Book. Def the spark they need on offense. They have enough talent to beat Stanford at home if they can score some points. I know WF isn't a good measure but its a great move by kelly because of the confidence boost.

Pretty cool about the talent of football we have in this area. Guys are playing in big games left and right.

Nationally nobody believes in browning Washington is good overall but he limits them it’s like playing Peyton Manning on the backend of his career smart player but lack of arm strength and mobility hurts him in college you almost need a qb that can move a little. I don’t think auburn was that good but they just like bama knew they could only rush 4 and rattle him and drop the rest into coverage. Pc12 doesn’t have a play off caliber team Stanford is good but Oregon was better despite losing and playing against those play off teams with athletic defenses with the size to match folsom isn’t a good match up especially Stanford favorite play being the turn around toss to love and see what hole he can find would get eaten up quick. Our best chances is usc,Oregon and Washington in the future. Usc might be the only big time program that doesn’t want to be elite. Tee Martin as a play caller has been horrible I think that’s why Sam darnold left he did him no favors in that Ohio state beating

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
I can tell you coach peterson from wash believes in Browning. All he has done since arrived in UW is win and set records. Is he a proto type pro player? No. He doesn't throw the ball 60 yards on a rope. But give him time and he will make all the right players. Will be hold a clipboard as a backup in the NFL and be a coach one day. My money is on it. Wash doesn't have the receivers or TE's that they had when Jake was a soph to be an elite level team. Wash and Stanford are good teams but nothing close to SEC schools. I don't think either one would beat a 2-2 Texas A&M team.

But guys like Burr Kirven and Browning are why I turn the channel on. Gotta love the effort they get out of all their talent.

https://247sports.com/college/washi...e-Broken-by-Jake-Browning-UPDATED--121122974/

Reactions: cookie530
I think people underestimate browning...they complain about his arm strength (when i see jared goff or aaron rodgers throw, i see a difference) but he has been able to out 40 + yards on it without much of an issue...i think he can work on that..but you look at guys like baker mayfield or desean watson...can they through the ball any harder than browning...and will all qbs, they need a good ol and wrs to make it work....when jake has that, he is surgical in his passing..he can see field and read defenses..i think he sometimes doesnt play to his strength or always trust himself..but when he is at his best, he is lights out..i think he has a better grasp on the qb position than darnols...i think darnold was loved cus he could chuck it and he had thay rose bowl game...i thinknin todays nfl...very few qbs transcend the system...rodgers, brees, maybe goff one day...i think tom brady is the goat but is he partially a product of the new england system..i think browning could be a starter given the right coaching and team..think goff and mcvay..i think having been at washington probably diservices his review somewhat..if he put up the same numbers he did in soph year i dont think he would be questioned..also this whole notion of big game issues for him is misnomer...see article

https://sonicscentral.com/peltoncast/2018/09/13/does-jake-browning-struggle-in-big-games/

Reactions: cookie530
I think people underestimate browning...they complain about his arm strength (when i see jared goff or aaron rodgers throw, i see a difference) but he has been able to out 40 + yards on it without much of an issue...i think he can work on that..but you look at guys like baker mayfield or desean watson...can they through the ball any harder than browning...and will all qbs, they need a good ol and wrs to make it work....when jake has that, he is surgical in his passing..he can see field and read defenses..i think he sometimes doesnt play to his strength or always trust himself..but when he is at his best, he is lights out..i think he has a better grasp on the qb position than darnols...i think darnold was loved cus he could chuck it and he had thay rose bowl game...i thinknin todays nfl...very few qbs transcend the system...rodgers, brees, maybe goff one day...i think tom brady is the goat but is he partially a product of the new england system..i think browning could be a starter given the right coaching and team..think goff and mcvay..i think having been at washington probably diservices his review somewhat..if he put up the same numbers he did in soph year i dont think he would be questioned..also this whole notion of big game issues for him is misnomer...see article

https://sonicscentral.com/peltoncast/2018/09/13/does-jake-browning-struggle-in-big-games/

Sounds a lot like the qb Petersen had at Boise state. It’s easier to defend the qb that doesn’t take chances than the one that keeps you on your heels. Browning is talented but he’s a pure pocket passer with an average arm who gets rattled easily once you hit him once. I believe like many others do that Jacob will make Washington a harder team to defend.

but he has been able to out 40 + yards on it without much of an issue
He has a great arm! and a very smart player! Unfortunately, the UW offensive line isn't that great and it shows in big games.

I miss the days of Jake lighting up the SJS! He is missed!

Book is doing great an ND. Very proud and way to rep the SFL.

UW may be slightly overrated, but I also think Arizona St is a lot better than last year. Watched a little of this game, and ASU played with focus and into. They would have been blown out last year in a road game like this. Looks like Herm Edwards is making an impact

Reactions: awood1 and slick58
Nationally nobody believes in browning Washington is good overall but he limits them it’s like playing Peyton Manning on the backend of his career smart player but lack of arm strength and mobility hurts him in college you almost need a qb that can move a little. I don’t think auburn was that good but they just like bama knew they could only rush 4 and rattle him and drop the rest into coverage. Pc12 doesn’t have a play off caliber team Stanford is good but Oregon was better despite losing and playing against those play off teams with athletic defenses with the size to match folsom isn’t a good match up especially Stanford favorite play being the turn around toss to love and see what hole he can find would get eaten up quick. Our best chances is usc,Oregon and Washington in the future. Usc might be the only big time program that doesn’t want to be elite. Tee Martin as a play caller has been horrible I think that’s why Sam darnold left he did him no favors in that Ohio state beating
SC just needs to hire a big time coach. Helton is not the guy

Goff is showing off that elite arm tonight! Shredding the Vikings defense in the first half.

Ian Book is on fire. Honestly he is playing better than Browning right now. He's elusive and making all the right plays. I think ND found something. Great game vs Stanford.

I was listening to National radio a few hours ago in my car and they were gushing over Ian Book. I don't recall who the radio hosts were, but they believe ND is a legit contender for one of the playoff spots if Book continues to play as he has. It's hard to argue against.

What do nor cal kids gotta do to get the attention of cal and Stanford?

We have so much talent in nor cal

It was awesome watching Book and Browning both go crazy in their respective games last night.

The SFL was on display for ND and UW! Awesome night!

I've been talking about Book for a long time now. I always thought he was under the radar coming out of Oak Ridge. What makes him special is his footwork. He is deceptively quick and nifty and you could see it on full display last night. He can make plays out of nothing and his arm has always been very strong. Kelly really likes this kid and you gotta give him credit for making him the starter. Agree with TR. I think ND runs the table if they stay healthy. Besides Bama who is in a different league all together, ND looks as good as anybody else right now.

Oak Ridge and coaching staff got a cool shout out on national TV.

Book has 9 TD's in his 2 starts this year. 6 in the Air and 3 on the ground...

And congrats to jake browning as well. That kid just keeps re-writing every record book at Wash.

cookie530 - Agreed. They are talented enough now to make some serious noise as they season goes on. This Stanford game was a big hurdle. I watched post game interview with Book. Definition of student/athlete.

If you get a chance to watch the kid from Oregon play do yourself a favor. (HERBERT). He's amazing.

What do nor cal kids gotta do to get the attention of cal and Stanford?

We have so much talent in nor cal

I think for Cal it was more of a Dykes issue that Wilcox and his staff are trying to fix. Doing a much better job but haven't landed many elite guys left. Still early in their tenure.

For Stanford, I think they do a pretty good job in the area. Not everyone fits their profile though

Not sure about that. Notre Dame was favored in that game. Stanford was lucky to beat Oregon, who is likely a 3rd or 4th best team in the Pac12 this year.

Notre Dame should have won, but also impressed in the process on the back of Ian Book.

You couldn’t name 2 teams in the pc12 better than Oregon man do you watch them play they easily have the best qb in the league probably in the country. I didn’t think Stanford looked good this whole year they should throw the ball a lot more. Ian book looked really good but it wouldn’t shock me if they lose to a average usc team because that’s how college football works

You couldn’t name 2 teams in the pc12 better than Oregon man do you watch them play they easily have the best qb in the league probably in the country. I didn’t think Stanford looked good this whole year they should throw the ball a lot more. Ian book looked really good but it wouldn’t shock me if they lose to a average usc team because that’s how college football works
I sure can. Per the current ESPN Top 25 rankings. In order are the PAC12 teams.

1. Washington (will beat Oregon)
2. Stanford (beat Oregon already AT Oregon)
3. Oregon
4. Colorado (3 spot difference from Oregon. I think they are better IMO).

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT