ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Book /ND

Book looked good last Saturday. He can move the chains. Tough one this week against a dangerous VA Tech. I think VA Tech losing to Old Dominion the other week lit a fire. He leads them over this hurdle to me Syracuse looks to be the last hurdle beside the normal week to week stumbling block. Book just might get ND back into the national mix with a playoff appearance.

Last edited:
Slick, I always like your take on things. ND coming off a big win it could be a let down game as well. They "just" might have it this year to get back in the mix. Kelly has been pretty impressive. Nice to see the Irish on the stage again. I think Book will continue to do well. He is a gamer and winner. You don't need him to score 3-4 Td's every game either.

Reactions: slick58
Slick, I always like your take on things. ND coming off a big win it could be a let down game as well. They "just" might have it this year to get back in the mix. Kelly has been pretty impressive. Nice to see the Irish on the stage again. I think Book will continue to do well. He is a gamer and winner. You don't need him to score 3-4 Td's every game either.
This ND team is VERY good with Book. The bulk of they're tough schedule is over. Win out and they have a good shot at the #3 or #4 CFP.

Impressive win in Blacksburg. Book had ND clicking the second half. They’re tough to beat with that intensity and level of execution.
I was a bit worried with that I saw in the first half. Book was pressured and looked to be a bit erratic.

He settled down nicely in the second half and got a huge win on the road. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the CFP!

Reactions: slick58
Impressive win in Blacksburg. Book had ND clicking the second half. They’re tough to beat with that intensity and level of execution.

As an admitted ND hater, I've suddenly found their games must see TV with Book at the helm. It's just so strange rooting for that team (as a bandwagoner). I don't think I've done it since the early 90's when Willie Clark from Wheatland High played for the Irish (my cousin played with him in HS).

Book has certainly given the Irish offense a different dimension and a leadership boost.

As an admitted ND hater, I've suddenly found their games must see TV with Book at the helm. It's just so strange rooting for that team (as a bandwagoner). I don't think I've done it since the early 90's when Willie Clark from Wheatland High played for the Irish (my cousin played with him in HS).

Book has certainly given the Irish offense a different dimension and a leadership boost.

TR, ND ratings and likability have grown by leaps with Book at the helm. This is a totally different team. He can run, makes great reads, and has a very strong arm. Call me crazy but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a higher NFL prospect than Browning. You just never know when you get your chance.

TR, ND ratings and likability have grown by leaps with Book at the helm. This is a totally different team.

EH -- as a lifetime Ohio State fan, there are just certain schools that you hate (just as those schools hate tOSU). ND just happens to be one of them, for me. But I'm enjoying watching them with Ian at the helm, that's for sure.

Call me crazy but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a higher NFL prospect than Browning. You just never know when you get your chance.

I think he already is. I don't think Jake is even listed among the top 10-15 QB prospects right now. He's fallen off big time since his SOPH season. I think he still has a chance to make it if the right team with the right system gets a hold of him, but he's kind of a long shot right now best I can tell.

If Ian Book continues to be able to play like this, his stock will climb. The NFL needs QB's that can make plays when protection breaks down and guys that can improvise. Ian can do those things quite well. And he's got a pretty good arm. Not elite, but good. He's been fairly accurate and if that continues to improve, so will his draft stock.

His height/size will certainly be an issue with scouts, but assuming Baker Mayfield continues to shine and with Drew Brees and Russell Wilson already among the best ever -- his opportunity to make it as barely a 6 footer is better now than it ever has been.

Reactions: RidgeRider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT