ADVERTISEMENT

Irish vs. Fairview on The Cube

Irish beat Fairview 86-85 in OT.
No defense at all. With Cheng in the middle by January, at least we'll get some much-needed size inside.

Great 1 Point win in overtime for the Irish against a powerful Fairview of Colorado Team. Bryce Monroe sent the game into overtime with an under the basket bucket at the end of regulation. Monroe hit key buckets in overtime to secure the win for the Irish. This makes them 6-0 in pre-season, but tonight was a chilly reminder and a wake up call for what lies ahead. Efficient passing and Effective defense will take this SHC Team a very long way. Hudson, Ogelsby & Neal, along with role players Lavon Johns and Elijah Flowers came through as well and they are solid players. Our 6’8 Center is waiting for the first League game in January against Mitty and his first stop will be against Riley Grigsby!! 2nd game against Bellarmine and then Tuesday Night, January 9th will be the historic Bruce Mahoney Game against SI at USF.

Way to play Irish!!!

Last edited:
Good game great warm-up to get the W for the Irish...It was like an SHC vs Bellarmine game....
Great Game. Tim Burke’s Son coaches a hellava team out in Colorado. Thanks to Mr. Burke for making this happen. Such a close game and Dinner is following the game between the two teams. Not sure if I lost would I want to sit and eat with the team that beat me but oh well, it’s a new day I guess lol j/k.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Great 1 Point win in overtime for the Irish against a powerful Fairview of Colorado Team. Bryce Monroe sent the game into overtime with an under the basket bucket at the end of regulation. Monroe hit key buckets in overtime to secure the win for the Irish. This makes them 6-0 in pre-season, but tonight was a chilly reminder and a wake up call for what lies ahead. Efficient passing and Effective defense will take this SHC Team a very long way. Hudson, Ogelsby & Hundson along with role players Lavan Johns and Elijah Flowers came through as well and they are solid players. Our 6’8 Center is waiting for the first League game in January against Mitty and his first stop will be against Riley Grigsby!! 2nd game against Bellarmine and then Tuesday Night, January 9th will be the historic Bruce Mahoney Game against SI at USF.

Way to play Irish!!!
The way they started out, they could've scored 100. I can see why they slowed it down in the second half but it didn't seem to help on defense very much.

Reactions: relittleton
Great 1 Point win in overtime for the Irish against a powerful Fairview of Colorado Team. Bryce Monroe sent the game into overtime with an under the basket bucket at the end of regulation. Monroe hit key buckets in overtime to secure the win for the Irish. This makes them 6-0 in pre-season, but tonight was a chilly reminder and a wake up call for what lies ahead. Efficient passing and Effective defense will take this SHC Team a very long way. Hudson, Ogelsby & Hundson along with role players Lavan Johns and Elijah Flowers came through as well and they are solid players. Our 6’8 Center is waiting for the first League game in January against Mitty and his first stop will be against Riley Grigsby!! 2nd game against Bellarmine and then Tuesday Night, January 9th will be the historic Bruce Mahoney Game against SI at USF.

Way to play Irish!!!

This team was definitely big and you could clearly see the size advantage this team had...Still a good warm-up. I want to see the Freshman play, has he played at all? If he isn't going to be used why not have him play Jv's...Jv's could use a good center too and don't have much size?

Reactions: m4success
This team was definitely big and you could clearly see the size advantage this team had...Still a good warm-up. I want to see the Freshman play, has he played at all? If he isn't going to be used why not have them play Jv's...Jv's could use a good center too and don't have much size?
He’s going back to the Freshman Team in January or maybe before.

Reactions: Scott2138
Great 1 Point win in overtime for the Irish against a powerful Fairview of Colorado Team. Bryce Monroe sent the game into overtime with an under the basket bucket at the end of regulation. Monroe hit key buckets in overtime to secure the win for the Irish. This makes them 6-0 in pre-season, but tonight was a chilly reminder and a wake up call for what lies ahead. Efficient passing and Effective defense will take this SHC Team a very long way. Hudson, Ogelsby & Neal, along with role players Lavon Johns and Elijah Flowers came through as well and they are solid players. Our 6’8 Center is waiting for the first League game in January against Mitty and his first stop will be against Riley Grigsby!! 2nd game against Bellarmine and then Tuesday Night, January 9th will be the historic Bruce Mahoney Game against SI at USF.

Way to play Irish!!!

Have you seen this center play? Is he a project totally on every facet or what part is his strength other than his height which the Irish need? Any youtube video of him working out? Cause he has quite a rude awakening if he isn't working up to it now for league.

Last edited:
Great Game. Tim Burke’s Son coaches a hellava team out in Colorado. Thanks to Mr. Burke for making this happen. Such a close game and Dinner is following the game between the two teams. Not sure if I lost would I want to sit and eat with the team that beat me but oh well, it’s a new day I guess lol j/k.

It's all about respect. If it's a team that gets a good laugh at the other guys, then I could see why you wouldn't want to eat with them.
If it's against another Christian Brothers school then the two teams would have that much in common.

Have you seen this center play? Is he a project totally on every facet or what part is his strength other than his height which the Irish need? Any youtube video of him working out?
I’ve seen the young man play in summer league and I’ve watched him practice. He’s a young sophomore and he will have to learn quick. He is a work in progress but he is not asked to be a scorer, he’s asked to plug the middle, rim protect, block and alter shots and run up and down the floor. This is what the current Team needs from him. I’ve talked with him while the team plays as he’s been the video guy. He knows what’s being expected of him. Not sure if this answer is sufficient but he still has a lot to learn. He’s not a scorer yet.

Irish beat Fairview 86-85 in OT.
No defense at all. With Cheng in the middle by January, at least we'll get some much-needed size inside.
I wouldn’t say NO defense at all. I would say they need to spend quality practice hours on the different aspects of defense. Help defense, defenders seeing the ball and not being back-doored. Their rebounding needs to improve by simply the players actively jumping and getting the ball collectively, not players standing and looking to the ceiling

I wouldn’t say NO defense at all. I would say they need to spend quality practice hours on the different aspects of defense. Help defense, defenders seeing the ball and not being back-doored. Their rebounding needs to improve by simply the players actively jumping and getting the ball collectively, not players standing and looking at the ceiling

I'm sure a great evening nonetheless for the Burke family (son bringing his team from Colorado), with a long lineage at SHC. My only question, was dad wearing green, red, or stayed neutral?

I'm sure he had his green on.

BTW, somebody tell rabbit5 there was No Charge at the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT