ADVERTISEMENT

James Logan -- Dublin

SF_Mikey

Sports Fanatic
Feb 16, 2016
James Logan 42 - Dublin 38 at halftime. First time seeing JL in person this year. Solid team - should be a good second half.

Dublin 57 - James Logan 54 wild 3rd quarter just when it looked like JL was going to pull away Beasley to rescue.

#0 of James Logan drove to the basket in the final seconds and a Dublin defender blocked shot at the rim and the ball deflected to almost half court where #10 grabbed it and threw in half court shot at buzzer for the James Logan win 86-83!

Last edited:
Reactions: ayalar09
Vytas Mazeika on Twitter: "Pandemonium! ... James Logan senior Tim Oldham with 30-foot off-balance heave at buzzer for 86-83 victory at Dublin in @CIFNCS D-1 boys basketball semifinals | @DarrenSabedra @JensenPhil @Leftwich @MitchMashMax https://t.co/wvbvxfnBXI" / Twitter

Reactions: SF_Mikey
Last three semi-finals for Dublin have been high stress games. Margin of error in NCS D1 recently is so narrow

That poor guy in the black sweater. You can tell he’s a Dublin backer and when that shot went in he was just smiling he was so stunned.

Unreal ending, maybe one of the best endings in NCS history

Reactions: observer22
I just watched DLS absolutely dominate a 4 star recruit. (Keshad Johnson). It amazes me how DLS with some good hs players and a couple D2 kids can bottle up a major recruit. They do it year in and out. Impressive game by DLS. They are playing really well. I thought #1 for San Leandro had a great game. He's tough.

@SF_Mikey who played well for James Logan?

Brah’Jon Thompson #1 had an unreal game with 3-4 NBA range 3's, played tough defense on Jaden Saunders making it difficult for Dublin to get into their offense. Brett Thompson was solid on defense and drives to the hole and finishes in traffic like a Tasmanian Devil but missed a lot of 3's. Besides hitting the game winning shot Tim Oldham played an outstanding game as he connected on a number of big shots throughout the game. Lastly, Hawkins was hitting his 3's as well as driving into the lane and finishing. Really solid team that I think played well last night.

James Logan undoubtedly plays / competes extremely hard and has a lot of play-makers but they almost lost the game because they are so undisciplined. I counted 3 technical fouls (two on Brett / one on Brah'Jon) that almost cost them the game! Additionally, the Thompson cousins do so much flopping which I personally can't stand.

Lastly, I thought the game was poorly officiated last night for both teams. Very inconsistent calling of fouls - ticky tack fouls one possession then completely missing someone getting hammered on the next possession. I know poor officiating isn't exactly a news flash but disappointing to see them factor into the outcome of a big game like this. Another example is the second technical on Brett for delay of game or whatever it was. It was his second delay violation but it appeared pretty harmless.

Last night's game is why I love sports especially high school basketball as the home crowd was on an incredible high from the five point rally to tie the game then the air was completely let out of the building by the buzzer beating 3 point bomb. James Logan had a large contingent of fans in the house as well so they represented well on a Wednesday night.

p.s. - forgot to mention that Brah'Jon got hurt in the post game scrum and was laid out on the court for like ten minutes until they finally helped him up and he walked off the court supported by two guys. When I was driving out of the parking lot there was a firewall truck rolling up so I hope he's OK.

Reactions: nostancenochance
Brah’Jon Thompson #1 had an unreal game with 3-4 NBA range 3's, played tough defense on Jaden Saunders making it difficult for Dublin to get into their offense. Brett Thompson was solid on defense and drives to the hole and finishes in traffic like a Tasmanian Devil but missed a lot of 3's. Besides hitting the game winning shot Tim Oldham played an outstanding game as he connected on a number of big shots throughout the game. Lastly, Hawkins was hitting his 3's as well as driving into the lane and finishing. Really solid team that I think played well last night.

James Logan undoubtedly plays / competes extremely hard and has a lot of play-makers but they almost lost the game because they are so undisciplined. I counted 3 technical fouls (two on Brett / one on Brah'Jon) that almost cost them the game! Additionally, the Thompson cousins do so much flopping which I personally can't stand.

Lastly, I thought the game was poorly officiated last night for both teams. Very inconsistent calling of fouls - ticky tack fouls one possession then completely missing someone getting hammered on the next possession. I know poor officiating isn't exactly a news flash but disappointing to see them factor into the outcome of a big game like this. Another example is the second technical on Brett for delay of game or whatever it was. It was his second delay violation but it appeared pretty harmless.

Last night's game is why I love sports especially high school basketball as the home crowd was on an incredible high from the five point rally to tie the game then the air was completely let out of the building by the buzzer beating 3 point bomb. James Logan had a large contingent of fans in the house as well so they represented well on a Wednesday night.

p.s. - forgot to mention that Brah'Jon got hurt in the post game scrum and was laid out on the court for like ten minutes until they finally helped him up and he walked off the court supported by two guys. When I was driving out of the parking lot there was a firewall truck rolling up so I hope he's OK.

Wow. Great description man. Thanks a lot. Sounds like a great game and great atmosphere. I agree Logan kids are resilient and competes at a high level from start to finish. The Thompson kids are foreal. Not sure what their recruiting is but I’m sure they can help out a lot of these local d2s maybe the younger Thompson being able to get a low d1.

Good win for Logan and i think if they can dictate the tempo against De La Salle they have a good chance of being NCS champions.

The protest would have to be on 0 thompson receiving 2 delay of game technicals and what the punishment by rule should have been implemented? there was also a long delay regarding the 5th personal foul. Called on Steadman that was overturned by the lead official

Last edited:
A delay of game technical foul is counted as a team technical foul if I’m not mistaken right? I don’t think you can protest the game and penalize the winning team. Just go back to the chalkboard and get ready for D1 NorCals Dublin

Costello needs to stop whining and just win these games..team isn’t so loaded it’s unreal and yet they never do anything in playoffs underachieve year in year out. All looses always at home too. It’s not best coaching staff.

A delay of game technical foul is counted as a team technical foul if I’m not mistaken right? I don’t think you can protest the game and penalize the winning team. Just go back to the chalkboard and get ready for D1 NorCals Dublin
them ebal teams sure like to protest and whine...

Costello needs to stop whining and just win these games..team isn’t so loaded it’s unreal and yet they never do anything in playoffs underachieve year in year out. All looses always at home too. It’s not best coaching staff.
it said the same thing then read yours. lol

poor defense helps with poor officiating... what is so hard about not jumping to block every shot, stop grabbing the player when he beats you on the dribble and stop with the golden state warriors tactic of walkin under shooters.... kids now a days

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT