ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Lemmon has passed away

This is stunning, sad news. Jim came to the Monte Vista game last week and sat on the bench with the team.

A great guy, excellent coach ... hard to process.

Dublin played them on Lemon Strong night. He said a few words, sat on the bench and was in good spirits when I talked to him after the game. Good coach and even better guy. Condolences to his family, CV and MV kids he coached.

Reactions: Coach_Case
Monte Vista head coach Jim Lemmon has passed away at the age of 58. He had been battling cancer since this past summer.

https://www.mercurynews.com/monte-v...ch-jim-lemmon-remembered-for-being-a-good-man

I got to know Jim over a decade ago when one of my AAU kids was about to enter Castro Valley as a major contributor to his program. One thing that set Jim apart from many other high school coaches was his interest in sharing ideas about how we could jointly develop "our" player. I also remember that one of the first things he did when he took the Monte Vista job was to call me to go out for coffee as part of his effort to get to know "the lay of the land" in San Ramon Valley girls' basketball. I am sure his essential openness played a big part in his coaching success. A presence in girls' hoops that will be missed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT