ADVERTISEMENT

kenny wooten

I haven't seen him play since last year's state championship. His athleticism is off the charts and he's a defensive stopper / shot blocker extraordinaire at least on the high school level. On the offensive end he's extremely limited and will struggle at the next level when playing against players of equal size and athleticism when he can't just jump over everyone and finish at the rim. I haven't seen him compete at the elite AAU level.

Off the court he's had some issues; transferring into Manteca and having to sit out his junior year; then transferring out of Manteca to Trinity Int'l (Las Vegas) with three weeks remaining in school year after leading his team to state championship.

One player that he kind of reminds me of is a shorter version of Marcus Lee who has similar athleticism and defensive prowess but is extremely limited on the offensive end.

The marcus lee comparison isn't a bad one. He is actually about the same size 6"9 and ridiculous athleticism like Lee. I actually think wooten is a better offensive player. Lee is just so limited and never got any better. Wooten has at least a couple years to put in work and get better on that end. Wooten has the frame to put on more weight than Lee and be a better defender on the perimeter.

Tremendous athlete, but offensively will struggle. I saw him last year at the Modesto Christian tourney and he and his team struggled against mediocre talent!!

Tremendous athlete, but offensively will struggle. I saw him last year at the Modesto Christian tourney and he and his team struggled against mediocre talent!!

Assist 10: Didn't they win the the D3 State Championship which included a win over O'Dowd in the semi's?

You know and I know that the NCS watered down each division last year. In addition, I was just giving you my analysis of his offensive game and it stands for a lot of improvement.

Assist 10: Your argument makes no sense..? Wooten dominated every team that was put in front of him. How and when did he struggle if they won it all? I was informed that the kid had a Triple-Double in the state game. Lets be happy for NorCal kids who get the opportunity.

No perimeter game and 50% from the line type guy. He's just very raw offensively but has good mechanics. I think in a couple years you are looking at a really good player though. I think his ceiling is higher than Lee's. Lee is basically an offensive rebounder and guy who throw a lob too on the break. And he can block shots. But offensively a huge liability.

No perimeter game and 50% from the line type guy. He's just very raw offensively but has good mechanics. I think in a couple years you are looking at a really good player though. I think his ceiling is higher than Lee's. Lee is basically an offensive rebounder and guy who throw a lob too on the break. And he can block shots. But offensively a huge liability.

interesting, is wooten kinda like marcus lee back in the day at deer valley?...similar height lee is several inches shorter than both of them, ira got crooked azz shooting but wants to be a 3 at arizona

I was never a fan of marcus lee on the court. Might be a great kid but skill wise I always thought he was really lacking. Pretty much proved my point when he was at UK. Just got recruited over every year. Wooten is better. Bigger frame and just as athletic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT