ADVERTISEMENT

Kezar Pavilion To Be Renovated

SI's old gym (Cowell) had that auditorium feel and my favorite was the old HORN sound vs the modern BUZZER sound for the end of quarter. St. Francis's old gym with the stage behind one of the hoops is always a classic.
St Francis remodeled their old gym five or six years ago removing the stage and built a new gym with the most square footage of any gym in the WCAL but they don't use it for games. I still don't understand that.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I have heard that the boys team prefers the old gym…. Apparently, that is the only reason they haven’t moved over.

Don’t know the girls situation.

I do remember one time a few years back when the Campo boys went down there to play the Lancers…. Game was in the new gym. Can’t remember what part of the season offhand…

Hmm... Just went looking for that game in Campo's schedules, can't find it. Must be mixed up with somebody else. No, wait... was in Dec. 2016. The Cougs didn't play St. Francis, but it was in their tournament which took place in that gym, possibly not all rounds. So no, I'm not going nuts...

Last edited:
St Francis remodeled their old gym five or six years ago removing the stage and built a new gym with the most square footage of any gym in the WCAL but they don't use it for games. I still don't understand that.
Both gyms are nice, but they both don't hold that many fans. Now their football stadium - one of the nicest in the Bay Area that can hold a few thousand people. Very cool they kept the giant oak tree in the near end zone.

Both gyms are nice, but they both don't hold that many fans. Now their football stadium - one of the nicest in the Bay Area that can hold a few thousand people. Very cool they kept the giant oak tree in the near end zone.
St. Francis: great school, great location, great fortune/timing. Invested $15,000 into Snapchat. When it IPO'd turned that into $34 million. Nice to have nice things.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT