ADVERTISEMENT

Kimball student/player transfers to SMS

bulldogmgc,

Will Raziya have to sit out because of transferring to another school? If so how long?

And of course it sounds like SMS just got even more stacked. That should be a fun school just to watch them all practice together.

Last edited:
I would think if the section views the transfer as athletically motivated, she would need to sit out the entire season if not then I would assume 30 days like others. Who did she play AAU summer ball with? If it was with anyone associated with SMS then that is part of the undue influence clause. Private schools are a little trickier because there is no defined attendance area, so I don't think if the family moved to be closer to SMS it would matter as opposed to if she went to a public school with a defined attendance area. One can argue that moving from Tracy to Stockton (about 20 miles) would constitute an athletic move. With a new section commissioner there is no history to fall back on to see how he would have ruled in the past on this issue.

The sit out period for Winter sports for this upcoming season is until Jan 4, 2016. For Spring sports (she runs track, as well), it is Apr 4, 2016. She may practice with her new team(s) during the sit-out period, but not compete in league or non-league play. Since the Nike tournament occurs before Jan 4th, she will not be suited up for this tournament.

bulldogmgc

SMS is going to be a National power house this up coming year !!! adding Potter is going to make SMS national powers for years to come. They might want to consider building dorms ? SMS BASKETBALL ACADEMY...............................?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT