ADVERTISEMENT

Lamelo Ball to re-enter Highschool.

FLAGRANT

Sports Fanatic
Oct 29, 2014
Enrolling in Spire Institute in Ohio. Not sure what Lavar has in plan here. Lamelo has already forfeited his right to play college ball unfortunately. Maybe this is a move to get Lamelo into the G League ? I guess only time will tell with Lavar. But the past year and a half has been a circus for Lamelo. Lithuania, jba, etc.

Enrolling in Spire Institute in Ohio. Not sure what Lavar has in plan here. Lamelo has already forfeited his right to play college ball unfortunately. Maybe this is a move to get Lamelo into the G League ? I guess only time will tell with Lavar. But the past year and a half has been a circus for Lamelo. Lithuania, jba, etc.

Prolific Prep plays Spire in Dayton, Ohio at the Flying to the Hoop event. The event seats 5k and sells out each year. The game just got even more exciting.

Reactions: SHgradSIdad

Why would you say he forfeited his right to play college ball again?

The shoe deal is a huge problem. Combine that with his professional status in Europe and it seems highly unlikely that he will be allowed to play NCAA college basketball. Why would places like Duke, Kentucky, etc. want to touch this young man (who brings the disruptive and divisive daddy baggage as well)? Let's be honest here, he isn't exactly the Second Coming of Steph Curry anyway. Further, the "school" he is associated with in Ohio is not recognized as a legitimate high school by Ohio prep sports authorities. So, even now, he is lingering on the outer fringes of credibility in more ways than one. So far in his tangled career, the advice he has been getting is sadly outrageous and counter-productive.

The entire thing with the "BALL" clan is such a sideshow and distraction period. Reminds me a little of the And1 circuit that almost ruined basketball for awhile. Just garbage. The entire thing is a circus. The kid can play but like you said why would anybody want that sort of "baggage". Too many other good kids out there that come clean.

Reactions: colhenrylives
Can you guys keep Lamelo under 20 points? He will help you out with the bad shots he will take.

I'm sure PP wont let Lamelo sit at half court/back court and cherry pick like he did in HS.

One of the most ridiculous decisions of helicopter parenting of all time to take that young man out of HS and his brother out of UCLA.

I'm sure PP wont let Lamelo sit at half court/back court and cherry pick like he did in HS.

One of the most ridiculous decisions of helicopter parenting of all time to take that young man out of HS and his brother out of UCLA.

I agree with this. Lamelo actually is a very good player, and a better shooter than Lonzo will probably ever be. Problem is Lonzo has a great body for the guard position, and I feel like Lamelo hasn't been able to put on much weight. He still looks the same as he did when he was a sophomore.

Lamelo would have benefited greatly by staying at Chino Hills and playing with his friends and top prospects. Unfortunately his father ruined that for him. Best thing that could happen to him is he goes to school on East Coast somewhere after this and stays as far away from his father as humanly possible!

The kid is in high school because to join the G league you MUST HAVE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA.

As for playing in the NCAA, because he was signed to a professional contract even if he did not get paid he had a agent (daddy) so he is not eligible for NCAA competition.

Seems to me the possibility of players losing their amateur status would keep a LOT of teams from playing Ball's new team at Spire.

I see Prolific Prep has a game vs. Spire later on this year... Wonder if that'll happen...

If we may ask gently and politely: Who, in the name of Oliver Wendell Holmes and Thurgood Marshall, is advising this young man? PeeWee Herman? Fred Flintstone? Beavis and Butthead? Captain Underpants? Bart Simpson?

Watch "LaMelo Ball Looks UNREAL At Spire! Throwing DIMES & DUNKING Like Lonzo!! Rocket Watts Is NICE " on YouTube

Lamelo is positively ineligible for the NCAA.

These players may have risked their collegiate careers playing in the game against LaMelo. I sure hope the NCAA makes a ruling on this quick, or else these youngsters may say it is ok to go across the pond, be a professional then return to attend high school/college. If I was a college coach I cant risk my program to look at these players playing against him. I hope their coaches have done their homework and advised these young men of the possibility of disqualification for collegiate play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT