ADVERTISEMENT

Logan 66 Moreau Catholic 56

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Just saw the final score, but nice with for Logan to gain an early edge in the MVAL.

Logan lead from start to finish.. MC plays way to much one on one..They have good players but team is not very good..Not alot of assist or passing...

Basketball is not fun to watch when players go one on one the whole game. I'm not at all suprised by the score.

Reactions: 5MatchUp
Logan was outstanding..Team concept ..moved the ball.Their PG was dominant..think he finished 22. the center was a major rim protector. Logan will be a factor in NCS D1

How long have I been saying this about Moreau? All the talent but no team concept. But somebody on here will tell me they are well coached. baahhahaha. right.

Reactions: SheldonCooper
Logan's PG controlled the pace of the game and was on fire, their big blocked everything in sight and their wing, McGlory (sp?), played great D on Walker. Led by as much as 20 in the 2nd quarter with ball movement and by hitting 3's. MC basically went 1-on-1 the whole game. They seemed more interested in trying to get into Logan's head with a lot of unnecessary off ball cheap shots especially Milstead, their big and a couple of their other guards. Logan didn't bite though and weren't the least bit intimidated by MC. Surprised at how undisciplined and unstructured MC was.

sheldoncooper- Not surprised... Have you seen MC play over the last 4-5 years? Same story. Great athletes and individual players. No team concept. Doesn't equal success against good teams.

It was the undisciplined part that surprised me. Chirping at opposing coaches, cheap shots and generally unsportsmanlike play. Expected more from a private catholic school. Don't think you see that at Salesian, DLS, BOD or St. Joes.

Reactions: nostancenochance
Over the years they have been the most over rated team in Bay Area. Athletes with no discipline. Let's recruit some more

LL, I think you've had valid points about MC in the past, but the venom and vitriol felt really personal for some reason. In fairness they had a lot more talent than they have now, so the periods of sloppy play were not as glaring. I do understand and agree in large measure with the criticism of their approach, maybe just not as bombastic about it. Seems a little like what was happening with Sheldon. I don't think they deserved a fraction of the heat, pun intended, that you put on them, and even though you have valid points about MC, it seems harsh...

I just call it how it is. If you know basketball or anything about sports you would say the same thing about MC. Watch that video. No defense. All 1 one 1. Same thing for years. Look at Logan. Just a group of gutsy kids. They distribute the ball really well and play hard. Couple that with having good size and length. #21 looks really solid and they have a big #40 who can guard the rim. Nice to see James Logan back. When I played they were always strong.

James Logan is a GOOD experienced team with a lot of senior leadership that really helps them, Moreau is not the same Moreau team from the past they only have 3 kids with ANY varsity experience, so they are young, not a lot of scoring or players that can score so shoots for others are limited and scoring is an issue when they play good teams, Larry Legend33 its a 17 minute highlight film of course thats what you will see but it didnt show how Moreau the team that plays "no defense" cut a 22pt lead to 4 in the 4th quarter, Larry Legend33 back when you played? You played? LMAO. Moreau will play in the D2 Nor Cal this year TRUST me they will be there at the end.

They have two starters back from last year. The number one freshman in the country. Not to mention Damari Milstead is a division one prospect. I don't think a lack of experience was the factor. I think you should give credit where credit is due. James Logan did a great job. From the players to the coaches. And I watched the live game from Norcal Tv and 6 was the lowest they got it to when the big kid from Logan picked up his 4th foul

By the way is was 10 at half so not like they cut it from 20 point lead to 6 in one quarter. They played zone the whole game. I've never seen Moreau play man to man. When #21 picked up his 2nd foul in the first half and had to sit down is when Moreau went on their run. #21 and #40 dominated the game.

MoneyTeam 0115
2 starts back from last year a the rest of the team jv players pulled up would be considered lack of experience like i said, when 3 of the 16 kids are seniors and 1 is a jr, i would call that lack of experience, you must didnt read my post the 1st line stated that they are a GOOD team so not sure what you mean by give the credit because i did, no one said that the cut the lead from 20 to 4 or 6 which in one quarter so not sure where you got that from either, and not that it matters or not but they didn't play zone the entire game when they played man 2 man and pressed thats how they got back into the game because Logan started committing turnovers, so not sure where you get that info either. But all in all Logan is a good team better then they have been in past years and it should be a good one when they come to Moreau

Not sure about #21 getting looks

@4ballers only. I'm sayin Damari Milstead and the big kid stared for them last year. The short lefty that plays football and the athletic guard number 10 all played last year and were 6th and 7th men off the bench. Kyree Walker being the number one freshman in the country has already played in a ton of big games. So I just don't see where the lack of experience come to play. I think #21 was the only starter that came back from last years team for Logan. But all in all it doesn't matter. We are talking apples and apples. Very impressed with James Logan and think they are in the running for NCS division one. Also think Moreau will be in the running for a very down NCS division 2.

Money Team0115

The big kid #40 has been playing varsity since his freshman year, the transfer played varsity at SP and 11 Ryan and 21 noah but played varsity last year as well, no matter what a freshman is a freshman and playing varsity vs a good team in a good home environment is going to be tough and it was, a down D2? Since ive know everyone say D2 is down every year so nothing seem to has changed, you right it is apples and apples, hope Logan can make a run.

Saying d2 is down looking at the best teams from last year in that division all moved to division one. Mt Eden El Cerrito and Newark Memorial

And the top 2 teams from D3 Bishop Odowd and Moreau moved to D2 and El Cerrito ans Newark are both down from last year as is everyone except for a couple schools

It makes me laugh when I hear number one freshman in the country! ! Please stop it!! Has he won any State Titles in high school? What has he done? Did AAU give him that title?

How can he have won a state title if this is his first yr in high school? He's number one in the country according to every scouting website. Based off potential and what he did this past summer with the 17u soldiers.

He's also a two-year hold back so he's not your typical "freshman". Logan is going to be tough this year as I called it two months back. MC can still hold serve and win on their home court. It's going to be a two-team race to the end. The days of Newark being a factor are a thing of the past..

No talent on Moreau !!
A lot of schools would like to have 2 potential Division 1 players. There system works great against the likes of Irvington, American, Washington , Kennedy and Mission SJ but a little different vs Newark, Logan.

Same old Moreau!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT