ADVERTISEMENT

Mater Dei farce

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
Unceasing revelations of ridiculous transfer shenanigans at the Anaheim Catholic school force one to ask a question: Should MD stop pretending it's an academic institution and simply change its focus to the scoreboard and re-name itself "IMG West?" Why not? Would make sense. And it would end a situation that has reached absurd depths of double-standards and utter hypocrisy.

Unceasing revelations of ridiculous transfer shenanigans at the Anaheim Catholic school force one to ask a question: Should MD stop pretending it's an academic institution and simply change its focus to the scoreboard and re-name itself "IMG West?" Why not? Would make sense. And it would end a situation that has reached absurd depths of double-standards and utter hypocrisy.

Anaheim ??!! LOL!!!!

Love these discussions... I've been coaching the best 8th graders in no weight limit football in NorCal for over 20 years. DLS Sophomores, class of '21 so there's no confusion, (5 best on Varsity including starting QB) will win Open State in Dec 2020...book it.

Reactions: concrete17
10 miles from Disneyland is pretty much Anaheim for anyone not from SoCal. That’s a heck of a lot closer than where the 49ers play to “San Francisco”.

So is Orange, Westminster, Tustin, etc, all considered Anaheim as well? Are Oakland, Sausalito, Daly City, Berkeley, all considered San Francisco because SF has a Warf and Pier 39? I mean I have never heard or read a report where it was said or written Mater Dei High from Anaheim, it’s always Mater Dei of Santa Ana. I guess I was just oblivious to the fact people in NorCal never realized there was more than two cities in Socal, my apologies to the board.

Reactions: ararar
So is Orange, Westminster, Tustin, etc, all considered Anaheim as well? Are Oakland, Sausalito, Daly City, Berkeley, all considered San Francisco because SF has a Warf and Pier 39? I mean I have never heard or read a report where it was said or written Mater Dei High from Anaheim, it’s always Mater Dei of Santa Ana. I guess I was just oblivious to the fact people in NorCal never realized there was more than two cities in Socal, my apologies to the board.

Ok, like the Angels they can just be the Santa Ana Monarchs of Anaheim.

Ok, like the Angels they can just be the Santa Ana Monarchs of Anaheim

Except Mater Dei was never based in Anaheim. Angels however started in L.A. and moved to Anaheim. I will agree the name change of the Angels is/was ridiculous but at least there was some history there.

Sorry about the geographic boo boo.

Ok, like the Angels they can just be the Santa Ana Monarchs of Anaheim.

.....or like the 2nd most popular tourist trap in the Bay Area, THE San Francisco Premier Outlets of Livermore, 43.2 miles from SF City Hall or
1hr.48 minutes drive time from said locations....perception/marketing becomes reality.

Right up there with pickle relish and mustard on a Margherita pizza.

Reactions: Truthhertz
All the more reason to respect "The Streak" De La Salle during their run was far better than any of these teams without doing a tenth of the shady shit they do. Need I mention they did it all while only running 5 different plays on offense?

All the more reason to respect "The Streak" De La Salle during their run was far better than any of these teams without doing a tenth of the shady shit they do. Need I mention they did it all while only running 5 different plays on offense?

The streak of course was impressive but reality was they were light years ahead of NorCal football. I have nothing but respect for DLS and what they have done, but I doubt that streak happens in the south.

Last edited:
.....or like the 2nd most popular tourist trap in the Bay Area, THE San Francisco Premier Outlets of Livermore, 43.2 miles from SF City Hall or
1hr.48 minutes drive time from said locations....perception/marketing becomes reality.

Right up there with pickle relish and mustard on a Margherita pizza.

Livermore? You mean San Francisco right?

The streak of course was impressive but reality was the were light years ahead of NorCal football. I have nothing but respect for DLS and what they have done, but I doubt that streak happens in the south.
Honestly I don’t think the Streak happens if DLS played in the WCAL. Too many close calls with teams in that league vs DLS. Only takes one .

Kids are getting scholarship opportunities. Fully paid college tuition and housing. Surely you folks are not opposed to that

Love these discussions... I've been coaching the best 8th graders in no weight limit football in NorCal for over 20 years. DLS Sophomores, class of '21 so there's no confusion, (5 best on Varsity including starting QB) will win Open State in Dec 2020...book it.
It will be hard to match a SoCal team with 40 D1 kids on it.

Crete- that’s when you know the truth. I don’t think we need to mention San Pablo Ave neither starts nor ends there!!

True....tho it has been rumored that surveyors from the Southland have been checking the East Bay's Champs-Elysees.....

Reactions: 1315
Agreed Riverboat but the only team that I can see giving Mater Dei or Bosco a shot in Open State final is DLS 2020-2021 Team(Current Sophomores)
Predictable prediction. BTW, Serra, deLa et al via some no-weight limit youth program do not have a monopoly on “the best eighth graders.” Their endowments could not support such. Besides, too many families appreciate the fact that HS academics trump (ugh) any wistful thinking of making a living with FB.

SoCal doesn’t own the rights to obsessed HSFB programs. It’ll only take a creative mind to mainstream (via civil procedure) those tactics into an acceptable dichotomy...but only to the minority who promote it. It’s like measles; the outliers can infect good people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT