ADVERTISEMENT

Max Preps and Score Book live

Apparently each section wanted the ability to create its own ranking formula for the various sports, rather than have the MaxPreps' formula imposed.

So the result will be that the rating formula used for section seeding will likely be different for each section, and also different for CIF events (NorCals).

I had heard there are problems with Scorebook Live and CIF had a meeting about it, but I have no idea what went down at that meeting.

Reactions: Coach_Case
through limited poking around scorebook live, it doesn't seem to be nearly as in depth as MaxPreps. I found a couple games that actually had stats and it was not very efficiently displayed. The site seems clumsy and harder to navigate. I'm sure there are a few things that I'll get used to, but I really can't see how this is an upgrade.

Do you think that teams will immediately switch over to scorebook live? Do you think out of habit some will still post on MaxPreps? What stops a school from doing both?

From an AD's perspective it's been a nightmare. some games we've been able to find stats and others not. I would assume that scorebooklive probably threw some money
through limited poking around scorebook live, it doesn't seem to be nearly as in depth as MaxPreps. I found a couple games that actually had stats and it was not very efficiently displayed. The site seems clumsy and harder to navigate. I'm sure there are a few things that I'll get used to, but I really can't see how this is an upgrade.

Do you think that teams will immediately switch over to scorebook live? Do you think out of habit some will still post on MaxPreps? What stops a school from doing both?

I'm sure you can do both, but scorebook live is the official ranking system, so I'd imagine that you'd want to put more of an emphasis on that.

Scorebook Live does not have a ranking system. They will implement each section's unique ranking system -- all sections have the option to create their own, and likely will.

Scorebook Live does not have a ranking system. They will implement each section's unique ranking system -- all sections have the option to create their own, and likely will.

Then why the hoopla over scorebook live? No ranking? I thought it was supposed to compile everything at the end of the season but from what it sounds like, it's just a record keeper...

CIF wanted a record-keeper so that each section could have its own ranking system. Since MaxPreps is national, its ranking system has to remain consistent, but Scorebook Live is not a national operation.

I had heard it was more of a sponsorship issue between the two rather than what is a better platform. Not sure on all of that but I have heard that on several occasions.

My understanding is that the financial returns were not that different, and the key was the ability for each section to have its own rating system. But maybe I was misinformed ...

Apparently each section wanted the ability to create its own ranking formula for the various sports, rather than have the MaxPreps' formula imposed.

So the result will be that the rating formula used for section seeding will likely be different for each section, and also different for CIF events (NorCals).

I had heard there are problems with Scorebook Live and CIF had a meeting about it, but I have no idea what went down at that meeting.
MaxPreps was so easy to navigate I also heard that it came down to money, Scorebook out bid MaxPreps but I cannot confirm or deny.

What I heard is that the difference in money was not that great. The sections just wanted to create their own formulas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT