ADVERTISEMENT

McDonalds All American Rosters

Some could argue Devin Askew deserved it over Nimari Burnett....but honestly they got the rosters right for the most part.

Another great player left off was Jalen Johnson of Wisconsin. But he transferred to IMG Academy and I think he kind of fell through the cracks, while adjusting to the Prep School game.

I said it before, and i'll say it again. I'd put Jalen Green right up there with some of the greatest High School players of all time...that includes Lebron. Green is a once in a lifetime talent, and while he did not grow as tall as some people thought, his shot is like night and day from his sophomore year until now. Bash PP all you want, but I think they helped solidify his no. 1 spot in the 2021 NBA Draft Barring injury.

If he were eligible for the 2020 draft, I think he'd go no. 1 overall over anyone else available.

I think norcal has hope at a Mcdonalds All-American next year...Anyone want to take a guess who I am thinking of?

Burnett is not from Northern California. HE is a Chicago kid that happens to go to a school/prep school out here. JALEN is a norcal/central valley kid. HE GREW up playing against many of the people in Norcal...And can you really put Jalen Green up there with Lebron, etc. Lebron won 3 state titles . FROSH/Sophmore/ Senior. Losing one I think his junior year. He may have lost 2 years.

NOT TO knock it but Prolific is not a CIF school or program.
As a sophomore Sheldon beat J Green's team he was on. AS a junior Odowd beat his team. SJM...

You cannot compare prep schools and high schools. Two different dynamics.

#FACT

Burnett is not from Northern California. HE is a Chicago kid that happens to go to a school/prep school out here. JALEN is a norcal/central valley kid. HE GREW up playing against many of the people in Norcal...And can you really put Jalen Green up there with Lebron, etc. Lebron won 3 state titles . FROSH/Sophmore/ Senior. Losing one I think his junior year. He may have lost 2 years.

NOT TO knock it but Prolific is not a CIF school or program.
As a sophomore Sheldon beat J Green's team he was on. AS a junior Odowd beat his team. SJM...

You cannot compare prep schools and high schools. Two different dynamics.

#FACT
Imagine if Mitty's Devan Sapp was still at Mitty...Still scratching my head why he transferred out to a prep school. You can't tell me Mitty does not play a tough schedule or not in a competitive league, and more importantly, does not get exposure. I wish him well, though.

Imagine if Mitty's Devan Sapp was still at Mitty...Still scratching my head why he transferred out to a prep school. You can't tell me Mitty does not play a tough schedule or not in a competitive league, and more importantly, does not get exposure. I wish him well, though.
he knew he wasnt beating the R... business decision

I think norcal has hope at a Mcdonalds All-American next year...Anyone want to take a guess who I am thinking of?

Are you maybe thinking Isa Silva? He’s the highest-rated NorCal player I can find... #9 in Rivals for the class at the moment...

My opinion after seeing him just a couple times... Darned good, but not sure if he’s quite up there with the top stars...

Reactions: ayalar09
Some could argue Devin Askew deserved it over Nimari Burnett....but honestly they got the rosters right for the most part.

Another great player left off was Jalen Johnson of Wisconsin. But he transferred to IMG Academy and I think he kind of fell through the cracks, while adjusting to the Prep School game.

I said it before, and i'll say it again. I'd put Jalen Green right up there with some of the greatest High School players of all time...that includes Lebron. Green is a once in a lifetime talent, and while he did not grow as tall as some people thought, his shot is like night and day from his sophomore year until now. Bash PP all you want, but I think they helped solidify his no. 1 spot in the 2021 NBA Draft Barring injury.

If he were eligible for the 2020 draft, I think he'd go no. 1 overall over anyone else available.
Jalen Johnson has already quit/left IMG cant be MCD & not play. "Once in a lifetime talent" ???? Love Greens development but Zach Lavine comes to mind more than LBJ. Only if Prolific brings in a player will 2021 have a norcal MCD.
As for Sapp, being on the east coast and being seen by 100+ new schools may be an advantage to going D1. Any idea on hows he playing?

You are nuts comparing Green to Lebron. I sat next to Geoff Peterich, Kiki Vandeweigh, Bill Walton to name a few when Lebron came to Pauley Pavilon in HS to play MD. Those guys said he's the best player they've ever seen at that level and he could not only play but star in the NBA right now. (when he was in HS) No hesitation. Green is a nice talent but he's 6'4 1/2 and 155 lbs soaking wet. He will not be even remotely in the same class as LBJ. Shit not even close to JKIDD. And Stanley Johnson had a better HS career. List goes on and on....

Reactions: RJ223
You are nuts comparing Green to Lebron. I sat next to Geoff Peterich, Kiki Vandeweigh, Bill Walton to name a few when Lebron came to Pauley Pavilon in HS to play MD. Those guys said he's the best player they've ever seen at that level and he could not only play but star in the NBA right now. (when he was in HS) No hesitation. Green is a nice talent but he's 6'4 1/2 and 155 lbs soaking wet. He will not be even remotely in the same class as LBJ. Shit not even close to JKIDD. And Stanley Johnson had a better HS career. List goes on and on....
Couldn’t agree more. I saw JKidd play a good 30 times at St Joes and at that time he was the best high school player I had ever seen for years. Until that kid Lebron made a appearance with the Oakland Soldiers at Cal Berkeley teaming up with Rirodans Kately and Tofi and Leon Powe and a few others. In ten minutes I blew people up saying this kid is the best high school player ever. So to compare anyone close to him, JKidd was the closest in the Bay, and nobody since has been close to Kidd. So close to Lebron is yeah, negative

Reactions: hoopjunkie21
Couldn’t agree more. I saw JKidd play a good 30 times at St Joes and at that time he was the best high school player I had ever seen for years. Until that kid Lebron made a appearance with the Oakland Soldiers at Cal Berkeley teaming up with Rirodans Kately and Tofi and Leon Powe and a few others. In ten minutes I blew people up saying this kid is the best high school player ever. So to compare anyone close to him, JKidd was the closest in the Bay, and nobody since has been close to Kidd. So close to Lebron is yeah, negative

Well said! I hope the best for green but your talking about legends and HOF players. Jkidd single handily guided that st joes teams to state champs against much better overall teams. He was unstoppable.

McDonald's all American picks are nice status. BUT its a lot of politics in the picks. A LOT OF the Picks are made after one is in his sophomore year.

PLAYERS are slotted based on media, how one plays at prestigious camps and how they play on the circuit and high school settings. I Was at a camp a while back with a voter and they more or less told me who they were gonna pick for the team. THERE are no surprises.

FOR norcal players. J KIDD Was one of the first McDonalds in our region although there were several parade all Americans over the years. I THINK craig mcmillan was as well out of Cloverdale.

NORCAL players always get the short end of the stick and get overlooked. WE DO.not have the hype machine like LA..

ESPECIALLY in city SF and Oakland areas. That's why historically they have always played with a chip on there shoulder.

LEON powe was a mcdonalds. DEMARCUS Nelson was as well. Jabari Bird and Aaron Gordon. DREW Gordon should have been one.

All the true norcal players that have been Mcdonalds won state championships or at least got to a finals. THAT'S how it used to be in all the regions. BEING a McDonald's was synonymous with winning. Looking at this new list Guys are talented. BUT A lot of these players arent winners. JOSH Christopher hasnt won a thing in his high school career and he is on a 500 team. THERE Are a lot others, like this.

ITS a cool achievement. BUT politics are involved as well

McDonalds All Americans is about the individual players. And odds are if you are one you have a good chance of making it to the NBA. I looked at the 2017 and 2016 rosters and 18 are in the NBA or G league. The 2015 roster has 22 of 24. So they must be a pretty good judge of playing ability or have a crystal ball.

McDonald's all American picks are nice status. BUT its a lot of politics in the picks. A LOT OF the Picks are made after one is in his sophomore year.

PLAYERS are slotted based on media, how one plays at prestigious camps and how they play on the circuit and high school settings. I Was at a camp a while back with a voter and they more or less told me who they were gonna pick for the team. THERE are no surprises.

FOR norcal players. J KIDD Was one of the first McDonalds in our region although there were several parade all Americans over the years. I THINK craig mcmillan was as well out of Cloverdale.

NORCAL players always get the short end of the stick and get overlooked. WE DO.not have the hype machine like LA..

ESPECIALLY in city SF and Oakland areas. That's why historically they have always played with a chip on there shoulder.

LEON powe was a mcdonalds. DEMARCUS Nelson was as well. Jabari Bird and Aaron Gordon. DREW Gordon should have been one.

All the true norcal players that have been Mcdonalds won state championships or at least got to a finals. THAT'S how it used to be in all the regions. BEING a McDonald's was synonymous with winning. Looking at this new list Guys are talented. BUT A lot of these players arent winners. JOSH Christopher hasnt won a thing in his high school career and he is on a 500 team. THERE Are a lot others, like this.

YOU are right it is about the individual. BUT there was a time. U had to win. NOW that is not the case. Btw. The G league is not the NBA. There is a difference...

YOU are right it is about the individual. BUT there was a time. U had to win. NOW that is not the case. Btw. The G league is not the NBA. There is a difference...

No shit Mr Obvious, you ever make either! Of course not. G league is still professional ball and one step from the NBA. It’s always been about the Individual don’t fool yourself kids with that special talent were never worried about the kid at the end of the bench. They care about making it to the pros and making the dollar.

Those that watched Jalen Green live this weekend learned he is definitely the #1 rated player in the USA, and will be the top #1 pick in the NBA draft when eligible. He is playing out of his mind right now against the best in the high school game every weekend. CASE CLOSED!

Those that watched Jalen Green live this weekend learned he is definitely the #1 rated player in the USA, and will be the top #1 pick in the NBA draft when eligible. He is playing out of his mind right now against the best in the high school game every weekend. CASE CLOSED!

He is a great player and maybe is the best player in the country but it is very debatable. Cunningham and Mobley are right there with him and possibly better.

Jalen has gotten so much better since last season. He is barely 17 years of age. His focus and determination to be the best is the highest we have ever had at Prolific or competed against. Jalen is a no brainer lottery pick and probably the top pick, feedback we are getting.

Jalen is 8 months younger than Evan Mobley and 6 months younger than Cade Cunningham. In 8 more months, Jalen is going to be even better.

Reactions: frencheezy

that is cuz the bay is not as HYPE as LA.

He is younger and he has gotten better. IT WILL be between him or Mobley. UNLESS somone comes out of nowhere.

Jalen has gotten so much better since last season. He is barely 17 years of age. His focus and determination to be the best is the highest we have ever had at Prolific or competed against. Jalen is a no brainer lottery pick and probably the top pick, feedback we are getting.

Jalen is 8 months younger than Evan Mobley and 6 months younger than Cade Cunningham. In 8 more months, Jalen is going to be even better.

The bay area doesn't produce high level basketball talent consistently given the high population.

Historically if you make the mcdonalds game you have a 50 percent shot of playing at least a game in the nba.

In the last decade+, a few notable Norcal players come to mind that were snubbed from McD's game/honor/status:

- Drew Gordon (2008) - missed large portion of senior year with broken foot but his whole HS career he had looked like a lock for the game so still a bit of a surprise to not get in on body of work/rep.
- Jabari Brown (2011) - probably the biggest snub on this list, no reason he should've been left off in his senior year. he was a mainstay in all national rankings top 25 lists.
- Josiah Turner (2011) - If he stayed at Sac High senior year, probably makes it as he was ranked around #10 player in the country. Weird transfer stuff his senior year probably hurt his case.
- Dominic Artis (2012) - Ranking was a bit on lower side to make it (50-75 range if I remember correctly) but his transfer to high-profile Findlay Prep should have helped and in a "down PG class" he was in the convo for best point guards in the country class of 2012.
- Marcus Bagley (2020) - All the national scouts have been raving about him early season and bumping him up to 5-star status. Probably goes to show a lot of the voters have their lists set before senior year even tips off. His spot in the 50-75 ranking range hurt him even if he ends up closer to top 25 in the end. Personally feel like senior season should have a bit more impact on vote, no need to decide this in mid-January when game isn't until late March/early April. Vote early March when seasons have started to ind down and you can see a fuller body of work.

From what I seen it based on your body of work throughout the 4 years of high school and aau career. Playing with Usa basketball helps and playing in some of the top camps increases your chances.

In the last decade+, a few notable Norcal players come to mind that were snubbed from McD's game/honor/status:

- Drew Gordon (2008) - missed large portion of senior year with broken foot but his whole HS career he had looked like a lock for the game so still a bit of a surprise to not get in on body of work/rep.
- Jabari Brown (2011) - probably the biggest snub on this list, no reason he should've been left off in his senior year. he was a mainstay in all national rankings top 25 lists.
- Josiah Turner (2011) - If he stayed at Sac High senior year, probably makes it as he was ranked around #10 player in the country. Weird transfer stuff his senior year probably hurt his case.
- Dominic Artis (2012) - Ranking was a bit on lower side to make it (50-75 range if I remember correctly) but his transfer to high-profile Findlay Prep should have helped and in a "down PG class" he was in the convo for best point guards in the country class of 2012.
- Marcus Bagley (2020) - All the national scouts have been raving about him early season and bumping him up to 5-star status. Probably goes to show a lot of the voters have their lists set before senior year even tips off. His spot in the 50-75 ranking range hurt him even if he ends up closer to top 25 in the end. Personally feel like senior season should have a bit more impact on vote, no need to decide this in mid-January when game isn't until late March/early April. Vote early March when seasons have started to ind down and you can see a fuller body of work.

Guys,

To me if you are a MCD its pretty much a damn good chance your are playing in the NBA. I can't say any of these guys are real snubs.

I like Jabari Brown on this list. Was very good in HS and had the body that translated well. Put up great #'s. He had a good career at Mizzou and got a little run in the league. But didn't brown bounce around alot... Salesian, Oak High, and Findlay Prep? That is just a lot of baggage.
Drew Gordon was a great shot blocker and defensive player in HS but offensively he was very average. I wouldn't call him a snub. Never really got that much better from Soph to Senior year.
Turner screwed himself. Can't really say much more. If he had his head on straight he had the talent.
Artis.. Def next tier type PG. Small but steady. I never thought of him as a MCD though.
Bagley- Lots of upside and coming on strong. He could end up being better than a handful of the kids on the list. Its still early.
Got a little carmello in his game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT