ADVERTISEMENT

Miramonte results

BOTH Sabrina and Aarion are GREAT. Who an evaluator considers #1 or #2 basically comes down to personal tastes and what that evaluator looks for in a player. BOTH can play for anybody in the country.

It's like arguing Montana or Brady.....who do you like? OK no worries I'll take the other....lets go ball.

MM should be playing SMS in Stockton Jan 16 or 17...MM needs to challenge itself...
not hide...if I would a player I would ask the coach....why are we coming over here and not
playing the best team we can.....are we good or aren't we.....

Clay did your players ever ask you that question when you played in a Showcase or Shootout?

Dont get me wrong I like lonescu game and IQ. I just think McDonald plays the same game at a quicker pace. Love both players game just in college the game speeds up even more and both will have to make adjustments. I know McDonald will be starting right away a UW. They both have that drive for the next level. Good luck to both in college.

Dont get me wrong I like lonescu game and IQ. I just think McDonald plays the same game at a quicker pace. Love both players game just in college the game speeds up even more and both will have to make adjustments. I know McDonald will be starting right away a UW. They both have that drive for the next level. Good luck to both in college.
Respect, i think you make a very valid point. Speed kills, but so does skill. I also think program fit is huge. Some players are going to fit certain schemes better than others. i've watched both players and am so impressed with their overall game. Looking forward to seeing them in college.

MM should be playing SMS in Stockton Jan 16 or 17...MM needs to challenge itself...
not hide...if I would a player I would ask the coach....why are we coming over here and not
playing the best team we can.....are we good or aren't we.....

Clay did your players ever ask you that question when you played in a Showcase or Shootout?

I couldn't disagree more...why would MM and SMS want to play each other now?
When you have a chance to play the big girl schools from down south...you play them. Its not often you can get all those schools in 1 place at 1 time.That SMS/MM game will come soon enough in the Norcal opens. MM is doing a good job of scheduling teams this year....they cant be accused of dodging anybody.

Northbay I seen the MM schedule why is so tough. I know you not saying Lady classic was a hard tournament with one good game with SI. Have you noticed that MM never plays good teams on back to back games. Did you notice that MM was winded after the first half of the SHC game. Just think if they had to play another good team the next day like SMB the winded would have xame earlier. Then next day Brookside I think it would had made a big difference but who am I to say. But Brookside plays back to back all the time Example clovis 4 games in 3 days, then Mitty and SI back to back, then SMB, SHC and Mm on back to back to back and last of all Platinum WCJ. Dam if thats not a scheduled dont know what is ????? MM is smart doesn't play back to back good teams, I think it would be not good for them....

Last edited:
Colherylives & Jayme911
You can be captain save Clay but when everybody's jumping on Jazz & respect its ok ? I don't recall anybody coming to their defense. Bottom line SI lost the game come January 4th both teams will have their TRANSFERS eligible and ready to play. Maybe they meet again. But stop playing CAPTAIN SAVE CLAY!?! Please it's really sad
Translate Please!

Translate Please!

Crusaders70
Translate CLAY pick and chooses who he wants to defend the only reason CLAY mention SI has transfers coming in January is to down play Brooksides win over SI ? Brookside has transfers coming in January ? Both teams will benefit that's why Loathing hypocrite fits CLAY Reading between the lines SI will beat Brookside in January ?!?

Colherylives & Jaye911 was coming to Clays rescue TRANSLATION COMPLETE

Last edited:
My team lost today so I stand proud but also on humble ground. However, my rant is always been about RespectBB... The guy is a moron. His team loses by 40 plus and the opponents star player scores darn near 40 and he states she was shut down and their would be a different outcome of they play again in Stockton.

I was not at the game so I can't speak intelligently about the facts of the game other than what is reported on line. Those facts are not in dispute but I will say this if Ionescu got "shut down" and had almost 40 and her team wins by more than 40 than something is not adding up.

I would feel better about anything respect wrote if someone backed him up. BC seems like a nice team but they rely a lot on one player and when teams are able to slow her down, which it appears MM did to a certain degree, I.e. Scoring under her average well then BC is going to struggle, which it appears they did losing by 40+

I think it falls on deaf ears or in this case blind eyes when someone gets on a message board talking junk and the mercy rule was applied to them, losing by more than 40 in the 4th quarter. That rule is to save the team the ridicule of potentially losing by more. In essence it all sounds as if RespectBB is trying to bully his way around the message board with lies and propaganda.

I think the MM fan on here had a pretty good recap and did so without downgrading an young lady in the process. A class act all the way around and someone we can depend on to recap a game with accuracy.

Never downgrade no one. You want to say that but I just state facts and said they where both great players. But by saying one is better then the other is downgrade then you dont know what competition is in sports. Both players are real good. This has been a build up for 2 years and the match up final happened. ....

Northbay I seen the MM schedule why is so tough. I know you not saying Lady classic was a hard tournament with one good game with SI. Have you noticed that MM never plays good teams on back to back games. Did you notice that MM was winded after the first half of the SHC game. Just think if they had to play another good team the next day like SMB the winded would have xame earlier. Then next day Brookside I think it would had made a big difference but who am I to say. But Brookside plays back to back all the time Example clovis 4 games in 3 days, then Mitty and SI back to back, then SMB, SHC and Mm on back to back to back and last of all Platinum WCJ. Dam if thats not a scheduled dont know what is ????? MM is smart doesn't play back to back good teams, I think it would be not good for them....

This is not about BC schedule, no one is disputing BC schedule being tough. I was simply stating that MM has put together a strong overall schedule this year. They play McClatchy, SHC, BC, Campolindo(2), Mater Dei, Acalanes (2), Clet., SMB and Pinewood and the NIKE SHOOTOUT in Oregon.......those are all good games vs. good competition

(Would I have liked to see MM play in the TOC this year? Absofriggnlutely!!! I'm surprised Sopak didn't and try to win the top bracket and possibly put MM into a position to win the national championship. Sopak could have done something that I assume has never been done...coach/win the AAU and HS national championship in the same year)......

RespectBBGame is a unrepentant homer, and that's great. Fans make the game, and he's a fan.

I think most would agree that Sabrina and Aarion are both elite players with huge upsides. Who knows who will better in the long run, and really what does it matter? Let's enjoy both while they're here, and not worry about who's supposedly No. 1.

Respect, give some respect to Sabrina too. She's awfully good. So is Aarion. Just because a girl wears a different uniform doesn't mean she doesn't deserve respect.

Reactions: Gryphonrunner
Northbay mark my words not going to happen. High school national championship doesn't play enough top national teams like he one's in Arizona TOC. That's would prove my point does like to play good teams back to back. Name a Nation rank team they play this year or in the tournament Oregon. If a team wants to win a national championship have to play national teams.

RespectBBGame is a unrepentant homer, and that's great. Fans make the game, and he's a fan..

making untrue factual claims about an opposing player's performance, and accusing another poster of hate when none is there are called lying and name-calling. not my idea of a fan, even a homer, and not "great". OK, so I hate lying and name-calling, particularly involving me and a team I support. Respect knows a lot about the game, more than me, and many of his posts are informative. They would be better without the occasional Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

Last edited:
There are very few teams that have the ability to win a national championship and no disrespect but I don't think MM is at that level.

There is only one team at that level and it is SM Stockton. They are so good they have BC cancelling a game and not rescheduling. Talk about back to back, you are talking back OUT!

Brookside didn't back out was force because of league. Fro your information ask Tom what happen and he will tell you the same. Just worry about Mitty having to go to the open this year if the dont lose last minute games like last year. I recalled that why Pinewood went to open and not them.

Agreed, MM is no national champ, and hopefully, depending on today, SMS will be. They lack size, depth to be #1. I don't disagree with the statement that if they played 100 times, SMS would win 99, though it might be overstated (last year's 15-point loss in the NorCal Open final wasn't large enough to be irreversible). Even so, the win doesn't have to come on the 100th try. But of course, there will be 6 other Open teams that might have something to say, including Mitty, which has its own 13-point loss to prove reversible. March is a long ways away.

Respect, recall that Pwood lost at MM in overtime. They were a missed shot or free throw away from winning. I said so at the time, they were every bit MM's equal. As, I suspect, is Mitty this year. Not National Champs, but in good company. With its transfers, Brookside might join.

Even without SMS, Brookside has the largest number of top-tier Norcal opponents in the region. Scaredy-Cat doesn't apply.

Last edited:
MM is not playing a national champion schedule I agree. That's why I would have liked to have seen them in the TOC.

That being said...don't sleep on MM in the open if they play SMS....99 out of 100 is ridiculous....I give it 65-35 SMS.

MM is ALOT better than they were last year.....they have a shot when/if they play SMS. Don't forget 2 of their starters played on a National champion AAU team....they have 5-7 future D1 girls on their roster and they will have the best player on the court.

they are BLASTING very good teams.

just saying...don't sleep on them....

mkbgdns- My post was not directed at McDonald or her ability, rather to a posters emphasis on scoring as a measure of their worth. I have seen McDonald play and she is very talented and capable in all aspects of the game.

I still stand by the last statement in my post mainly because I am someone who values team play above individual standouts. What I am referring to is based less on ability rather a developed mind set that needs to then be changed at the next level. Yes I am also sure Mc Donald will be very capable of making any adjustment necessary for the next level of play. She showed as much in AAU. I still think that players that are not forced by circumstance to dominate ( take over) their teams offense have a leg up on any adjustment process in this respect. There is no adjustment for them and that's a real plus since there are so many other adjustments that need to be made. B. Boyd is an example, who also had most of the tools necessary to be a top point, yet had at least a two year period of adjustment. It also took Clarendon two years as well. Although it was easier for her once she was moved to the two guard.

While I am not saying this would apply to McDonald, there is more to assists than the capability to make the pass to an open player. As I mentioned there is a mind set involved. Is the assist an after thought or does the player look for the open man before they make their own move. This becomes more important at the next level because in high school a top talented athlete can just about get their shot and score at will against most of the opposition.

I suppose I should have made it clear that I was speaking more in theory in respect to my last statement rather than it being directed at a specific player ( Mc Donald ). The scoring machine who preceded her at BSC had and is still having a huge adjustment problem in this respect. Again I am not stating that McDonald will, only that being the primary go to offensive player on a team in high school often has negative consequences in college. Fans, coaches etc who promote this sort of perspective do these players no favors.

Misunderstanding--I thought your post was about Ionescu, not McDonald. I have nothing bad to say about either one. I was pointing out that Ionescu was not scoreless in the first half, did not say nor do I believe that scoring is a measure of a player's worth. I'm with you--the whole package counts, and both these kids have it all. I believe I said that to an extent I've seen her teammates foist scoring on her, to the team's detriment. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it shoot. You began as follows, and didn't mention McDonald.

I for one like Sabrina better when she scores less and distributes to her team mates.

Nice positive interaction. Mitty will worry about Mitty and were very young last year and still young this year. Still a 10 point win over Brookside is not bad and I think even respect will agree the game was not that close.

Agree on scoring not always translating to the college level. Both are great players and have a lot of work ahead of them. I think there is only one person in this discussion being negative in a player and that is respect. All you have to do is look at the stats from the game.

Misunderstanding--I thought your post was about Ionescu, not McDonald. I have nothing bad to say about either one. I was pointing out that Ionescu was not scoreless in the first half, did not say nor do I believe that scoring is a measure of a player's worth. I'm with you--the whole package counts, and both these kids have it all. I believe I said that to an extent I've seen her teammates foist scoring on her, to the team's detriment. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it shoot. You began as follows, and didn't mention McDonald.

I only mentioned Ionescu in context of the other posters emphasis on scoring as being a measure of a players worth to their team. My post actually was about neither Ionescu or Mc Donald,rather the post comparing them and the criteria ( scoring totals) used for that comparison. I used Ionescu often contributing more to her teams success when she didn't score as much, as an example of scoring often being overrated- Nothing more! The other poster implied that since Ionescu was shut down ( if you can call 40 points being shut down ) that she was a lesser player. A very simplistic perspective indicative of someone who see's basketball as an exercise in one-on-one. Or someone who is just taking an opportunity to stir things up and push some buttons. So which one is it?

Not push nobodies buttons just say what happen in the first half of the game and yes she score all her points in the second have because McDonald was in foul trouble for help side defense fouls and make steals fouls. Second have lonescu got lose and score on other players. I dont doubt how good she is just saying McDonald shut her down one on one. Everyone trying to take it further they that.

This is the big ask for film and tell if im lieing or not film dont lie but pencils do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Everyone is taking it further than that?

I have a feeling you were not at the game and are going by what someone is telling you. I can't believe you can talk so much business when MM put a running clock on BC. When is the last time that has happened to BC? Not when Que was there for sure!

As they like to say, the scoreboard does not lie!

Jaymel you talking about K' s cake schedules that he had in the preseason. This is the first time Brookside had a rough schedule and rough them most teams in Norcal section.the only weak part in their schedule is the league they got vote back in. If that didn't happen Jan would just as rough as Dec. But this tough schedule will pay off in March. One other thing Brookside in Dec never played at home all wins and loses are on the road. Tell me is there another teams that has play at home this month thats in the top 20 Norcalprep of Cal hi ranking.

The ever so difficult high school girls road schedule in the pre-season with the 46 adult fans rooting against you.

If you was a player you would now the difference but I guess you wasn't so let me tell you. First it'sthe feeling of being home is different then a road game. Second the feel of the rims is soft or hard you would know that if you are at home. Third, might be the lighting some are dark or have different color. Last the one is size of a gym small or big

Respect: After reading many of your thoughts, you have me curious. Did you play high school ball in the area? You played at Mosswood park and have great memories of such. Did you play in college too? These are questions of intrigue, not so much to question your authority or knowledge of the game. It seems that regardless of one's level of personal, on the court experience, one can become a student of the game and become a solid teacher/mentor/counselor of the sport… Just curious.

I did play enough to know to keep my mouth shut when someone puts a running clock on me but maybe Mosswood Park did not have a mercy rule.

Gryphonrunner yes to all your questions and if you real want to know played Kezar nice bouncy floor and Potrero Hill one side bleachers. Losing by 40 leave a bad tasted in a players mouth which is good from a learning part of the game. Some see it as bad and some take as a wake up call. We will see what that type of lose did to Brookside when they play LBP on monday at 8pm. Players always learn more in a lose then a win. But I guess some dont learn like jaymel911. I dont think Mitty wants to Brookside after Jan the will look like a whole didnt team. Might happen in the open 4 Vs 5 in the open. Brookside still has to play both BOD at BOD and Pinewood in the Corner Bakery Showdown.

Good luck to Brookside! I say "luck" knowing that it's more than luck that sets the stage for wins…regardless, good luck!

Gryphonrunner yes to all your questions and if you real want to know played Kezar nice bouncy floor and Potrero Hill one side bleachers. Losing by 40 leave a bad tasted in a players mouth which is good from a learning part of the game. Some see it as bad and some take as a wake up call. We will see what that type of lose did to Brookside when they play LBP on monday at 8pm. Players always learn more in a lose then a win. But I guess some dont learn like jaymel911. I dont think Mitty wants to Brookside after Jan the will look like a whole didnt team. Might happen in the open 4 Vs 5 in the open. Brookside still has to play both BOD at BOD and Pinewood in the Corner Bakery Showdown.

OK respect...you're my brother from another mother and I luv ya......BUT...I got to call you out...lol

Brookside is NOT going OPEN this year. They are 5-4 for gosh sakes...with a running clock loss mixed in there.

Your chance at the OPEN was LAST year BEFORE you guys had that shocking 12 pt. loss to Bradshaw Christian in the SJS D4 section final. And last years team was better than this years team. But ultimately it worked out great for you when you played your way to the D4 state title game. Almost like it was planned that way ;):p:rolleyes:

Northbay the only difference this year will be that Brookside will be home a wont have to take that long ride. But the have a chance at the open because in January they will be a whole different team. Plus they play Pinewood and BOD at full strength. Just watch how we look when we play Pinewood in middle of January. But right now they have LBP game Monday at 8pm. The home game if we play at Lincoln high school nice long court.

OK respect...you're my brother from another mother and I luv ya......BUT...I got to call you out...lol

Brookside is NOT going OPEN this year. They are 5-4 for gosh sakes...with a running clock loss mixed in there.

Your chance at the OPEN was LAST year BEFORE you guys had that shocking 12 pt. loss to Bradshaw Christian in the SJS D4 section final. And last years team was better than this years team. But ultimately it worked out great for you when you played your way to the D4 state title game. Almost like it was planned that way ;):p:rolleyes:

Northbaybbguru
Looking back to last year Sacred Heart record was 18-11 they played one of the toughfest schedules in California !!! They played in the open and played very well ? Guru you really should be pushing for Brookside to the open because I know and you know D-4 you have to get past Brookside & Cardinal Newman wants no part of that............ Lol Xmas

Luv- Cardinal Newman asked Brookside back to their tourney this year. I guess your coach lost their number because he never responded to returning. My guess Cardinal Newman wants every part of BC. Scrimmaged SMS, Clovis West, Vanden and foundation game versus Miramonte. You may want to check into them a little more.

Think Brookside want to go to big touranments with more ranked teams teams like SMS. Cardinal Newman is a great tournament too but Brookside already was going to play SHC at MM. Its one think to scrimmage at and another to play when it counts. Because if winetot look at Brookside schedule they schedule good teams when it counts not scrimmage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT