ADVERTISEMENT

MLK Shootout @ Pittsburg High (Results)

Coach GG

Sports Fanatic
Dec 5, 2001
First I want to thank all the teams that participated and another public apology to Oakland High for them not getting a game from Edison of Stockton, Edison thought the event was on Monday.

Here are the results:

Rodriguez 74, Kennedy (Richmond) 57

Oakland Tech 65, Foothill 63

College Park 54, McClymonds 41

Jesse Bethel 57, McNair 48

Oakland High (win by forfeit)

Salesian 60, Deer Valley 38

Pittsburg 38, Mission San Jose 32

Berkeley 55, Brookside Christian 53

Thank you all,

Coach Garnett Givans
Pittsburg High School
Varsity Asst. Coach

Did Brookside Christian really lose to Berkeley?

I didn't put a line out there but that sounds like an upset.

I guess it's true….. Any good team can upset another good team.

Who forfeited?
Clay Kallam

Apparently Edison., who thought they were playing on Monday.

Clay it was Edison of Stockton. I sent numerous emails to both the head coach and the AD and they both thought that because it was called the MLK Shootout that they assumed that it was on MLK Day. Which lets me know that they never read my emails.

It was a great game and Brookside has 2 chance to either tie or win the game and in both situations they missed the free throws to extend or win the game.

Enmen13
I know you UNDERSTAND when your playing 5 vs 8 !?!?! Meaning 5 players + 3 Bad referees ?!?!? It's not about coaching
Berkley played a good game ........ They played hard !!!! when you allow any team to hang around and leave it in the hands of 3 horrible referees it's a good chance you lose the game !?!?!? And Brookside over looked this sleeper game ?????
Good win for Berkley ...........

Northbaybbguru

Berkley is not a power house this year by no means? So when I said sleeper !!! Brookside is the better team ? Just my personal opinion !?!?!?
If they played 10 games ? Brookside wins 9 of the 10 games this year ? Counting the upset !!!!!!! Where talking this year !?!?!? This year !?!?!? I read your post and you seem to know about basketball ??? Im talking about this season 14-15 Berkley is not a bad team """"" but yes good teams ....... Like Brookside Look ahead and get bit sometimes that's what upset means in basketball "terminology"
Just my opinion .........

I thought there more foul calls on BC than Berkeley but I also thought it was a product of fatigue and lack of discipline on BC. Berkeley used their bench and had more energy at the end of the game. BC were set to play four players all game until the post got in foul trouble. Berkeley is still young but have played a very challenging schedule and I think they were far more prepared for the game than BC. I saw BC last year and thought they were a much better team and better coached.

Enman13

I'm not taking anything from Berkley it was a good win for them.
I'm wondering now ???? if you actually seen the same game I seen ???? You talk about young team ?
You talk about coaching ? You talk about rotation of players ? Did somebody tell you about the game or was you
Actually in attendance ? Let's go over your nonsense !?!?!? Brookside has 8 players on the roster 2 seniors 2 juniors
1 sophomore 3 freshmen ???? Young team ???? your opinion !!!! Brookside only have a 6 player rotation ??? YOUNG TEAM """""2 of the freshmen & the sophomore is part of the rotation ?!?!?! Then you talk about being fatigue at the end of the game ? How do you come back down by 11 points with 3 min left in the game with a chance to tie or take the lead with 5 seconds left in regulation with made free throws ???? My opinion Berkley was FATIGUE finally this is only my opinion Brookside record is 13-2 Coaching ???? it sounds to me like you just don't like somebody on their coaching staff........ Enman13 Opinion only please keep the personal stuff to yourself Facts only please ........please thanks in advance

Your 5 against 8 comment did take away credit from Berkeley. I was at the game and we saw a different game. This is a public forum and I can express my opinion as you have done, accusing the referees of conspiring to make BC lose.

BC, as I saw it has a nice lead guard that does most of the shooting, scoring and rebounding. #44, taller guard is extremely talented and did not get enough shots but was really impactful on both ends of the floor. The bigger kid, not sure of her # is very talented but again did not get nearly the touches near the basket. I don't know the stats or the grades of those three but from my view they had to be responsible for 90 pct of the teams scoring and rebounding.

BC is a solid team but we have played five or six teams this season that are all better. From my vantage point Berkeley was the deeper and more conditioned team and I think that played out on the court, unless of course we are buying into your conspiracy theory with referees that you allege to have occurred.

Quote :::::: horrible referees read the post I never said anything about conspiracy ENMAN13 you have your opinion !!! But just the facts please
READ THE POST !?!?!?

Yes, I only go 1 day because there's so many games being played on Monday and getting quality teams on that day is really hard. Plus we participated in Terra Nova's MLK this year as well. This year I held the New Year's Shootout to try and get some of the better teams when other don't have a shootout but if the demand gets bigger we have the option to do a second day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT