ADVERTISEMENT

NCS D3 Salesian v. St. Joe's

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
I am a big Pilots fan, but even thru my orange-and-blue lenses I can see that Salesian is a big favorite... But they play the games on the floor, not on past results and rankings...

Yay! My fave NorCal Preps announcer is on hand... Bring on the Wilsonburgers! (As long as the Pilots serve 'em)

Pilots playing 'em tough early... 10-10 with just under 3 minutes left 1st.

A quick Salesian run makes it 33-27 with 30 seconds left in the half... They had another chance to get even closer, but missed a pair of FT's... 33-27 at the half.

40-38 Pilots still in front, but Salesian has two FT's. First good, second good. Tie game! 1:50 left in the 3rd.

Zahne Duckett with a drive and layup right past Jackson... fouled, makes FT. 43-40

Angel Galbraith strips Zahne, drives scores, hacked... FT missed, but Salesian gets offensive rebound... a couple tries to score, denied. Quarter ends 43-42 Pilots.

Salesian takes lead 44-43 after about 6 offensive boards... Pilots then turn it over and foul... Bonus the rest of the way... Both FT's good. 46-43...

Time out, 47-43 Salesian in front... Pilots starting to look outa gas. 5:44 left.

Guess who? Duckett steals, coach gets a TO before a jump ball can be called. Pilots get ball, drive and score... They force a turnover, shot no good, off. rebound.. drive, SCORE! Tied at 47.

Pilots rebound a miss... a 3.... GOOD! Salesian beats doubleteams.. to Jackson for a layup. 50-49 Pilots.

Salesian has ball, baseline... Duckett steals... drives length of court, slows a bit to draw a foul... first FT good, 2nd missed. Galbreath for Salesian takes a 3... GOOD!! 52-51 Salesian, Pilots ball, 1:42 left

down to :33 left... 57-54 Salesian. Pilots can't get anyone free, Duckett has to force a 3... Jackson tips it away, Salesian rebound, fouled... first FT missed,second made. 58-54 Salesian with 2.6 seconds left... So close, yet so far...

Two good teams. Not sure either have ended and/ or played the entire season healthy as they started. If either were as heathy as they had started they would both be more than capable of playing well in the Open division Tournament. One or both may still get into the Open. But wherever either go they should make a good run at a state title if they play with passion, heart, and or up to their potential. Congratulations Salesian !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT