ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Foundation Game Results - Girls Varsity Basketball

silliman

Sports Fanatic
Nov 15, 2001
Host Newark Memorial defeated Liberty by the score of 60-56 on Tuesday night at the Newark Memorial High School Event Center in an NCS Foundation Game contest.

Bentley 49, Mt. Diablo 23.
Miramonte beat Cardinal Newman by quite a bit in Orinda.
Acalanes won easily as well.

Full disclosure.....I was not at the Miramonte/CN game last night.

BUT I had a couple of friends that were and they said that Mira spanked CN pretty good.

He said CN not ready for prime time, good D4 team...nothing more.

Bishop Odowd 62 Carondelet 60. Carondelet had the ball with about 18 seconds and ran a set play after a time out and missed a couple of chip shots that would have sent it into overtime. Good game.

Last edited:
Full disclosure.....I was not at the Miramonte/CN game last night.

BUT I had a couple of friends that were and they said that Mira spanked CN pretty good.

He said CN not ready for prime time, good D4 team...nothing more.

Looks like they have superior size (newman) but maybe not the quickness in the backcourt? Gotta like what newman coach is doing over there. They are a legit D4 powerhouse now and play a great schedule.

I have to agree with Larry legend33 speed always overcome size in a high pace game. Size is good if team can slow rhe pace down. Good example is the Warriors beat Cavaliers speed vs height.

Last year this was discuss speed vs size In the NorCal playoffs. Brookside vs CN now your a believer....?!? D-4 has some fast teams I think power house CN is not going to happen until the team speed is improved ?

Warriors won because of a much deeper bench and mismatches not just team speed. Let us not forget a couple key injuries were sustained by the Cavs!

Last year this was discuss speed vs size In the NorCal playoffs. Brookside vs CN now your a believer....?!? D-4 has some fast teams I think power house CN is not going to happen until the team speed is improved ?

it wasn't a size/speed issue last year CN vs Brookside....

CN played 5 freshman and 3 sophomores out of their 11 girls that played.....

Brookside had 3 D1 upperclassmen 2 seniors and a junior.....

It was a maturity issue.

it wasn't a size/speed issue last year CN vs Brookside....

CN played 5 freshman and 3 sophomores out of their 11 girls that played.....

Brookside had 3 D1 upperclassmen 2 seniors and a junior.....

It was a maturity issue.

Northbaybbguru

I will agree with you on maturity but not the speed one of the D-1 players your referring to was playing on one leg she needed surgery ? The other D-1 player was 6'1 moved well for her size ? Brookside won the game because of SPEED ?!? After looking at their foundation game against Edison their faster than last year ? With 5 players on the bench 1 senior leading them 10 on the roster ? In my opinion their better than last year 4 transfers....... CN not ready to be a power in D-4 speed ?!? Just my opinion

I was talking about MM but if touch on what happen last year we can go there. Speed and physicality was the difference in the game. Thats being nice about it. We some of the students had some racial things to say totje fans of Brookside and tue wasn't ejected even after the princible heard it right in front of him. But they care all the know they where one game away from state. This year team is more mature now then last year because of the stage they play on all year long on the road. Never have that home advantage. This team is alot quicker than last year with mature of the 1 sophomore and 2 freshman that played major minute on a 8 player team. But this year they are deeper because thry have 10 that can play not only 8. Probably wont be going back to D4 but to the Open this year. Thats where the want to be. Their thing is you have to be the beat the best to be the best and if people look at their schedule they you know this is true!!!!!!!!

Brookside was more than willing to play Poly in the first round of the WCJ. Some other SJS teams that will wind up with very good records not only didn't want Poly, but didn't want the top Elite division -- or the second division.

Brookside was more than willing to play Poly in the first round of the WCJ. Some other SJS teams that will wind up with very good records not only didn't want Poly, but didn't want the top Elite division -- or the second division.

Clay...

since you wont say what SJS team you are talking about.

Let me see here from your clues....if I can make a guess.

Hmmmmmm....who could that be.

might that be ANTELOPE?

Lots of chatter on here about how good they are going to be (specifically from a certain parent of an Antelope player).
But don't want to play anybody.

PROPS to Brookside and Pico for taking on anybody and everybody....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT