ADVERTISEMENT

New Year's Shootout Showcase (January 3rd & 4th) @ Pittsburg High New Schedule

Coach GG

Sports Fanatic
Dec 5, 2001
Friday, January 3rd

(Old Gym)

8:00pm - St. Francis (Red) (JV) vs. Heritage (JV)

6:30pm - St. Francis (Gold) (JV) vs. McKinleyville (JV)

5:00pm - St. Francis vs. McKinleyville

3:30pm - Calaveras vs. Grant

2:00pm - DeAnza vs. Kipp King

12:30pm - Oakland vs. Atwater

111:00am - Kennedy vs. Lowell

9:30am - Overfelt vs. Vallejo

(New Gym)

8:30pm - West Campus vs. Colfax

7:00pm - Heritage vs. Central

5:30pm - Clovis vs. San Leandro

4:00pm - Ygnacio Valley vs. Freedom

2:30pm - Eastside Prep vs. Encinal

1:00pm - Bear Creek vs. San Ramon Valley

11:30am - Argonaut vs. Pittsburg

10:00am - McClymonds vs. Albany

8:30am - Fremont vs. O’Connell

Saturday, January 4th

(Old Gym)

8:00pm - El Cerrito vs. Bear Creek

6:30pm - Grant vs. Ygnacio Valley

5:00pm - Foothill vs. Oakland

3:30pm - Encinal vs. Montgomery

2:00pm - Calaveras vs. Menlo

12:30pm - San Ramon V. vs. West Campus

11:00am - Clear Lake vs. Valley

9:30am - Overfelt vs. Kennedy

8:00am - McKinleyville (JV) vs. Acalanes (JV)

(New Gym)

8:30pm - Mission San Jose vs. Amador Valley

7:00pm - McClatchy vs. California

5:30pm - Central vs. Forest Lake Christian

4:00pm - Clovis vs. Edison

2:30pm - McKinleyville vs. Eastside Prep

1:00pm - Colfax vs. North Salinas

11:30am - Silver Creek vs. Pittsburg

10:00am - St. Francis vs. Presentation

8:30am - Castro Valley vs. Deer Valley

Had some teams drop out since the last posting due to various reasons, so here is the new schedule.

Cal High shocked McClatchy 60-58 in Pittsburg Saturday night.
I'm not sure if that is a shocker. Cal High has a very good team this year with 2 outstanding senior guards in Moulton and Adams and a very good supporting cast as well. In the last NorCal rankings, I believe McClatchy was 12 and Cal was 13. McClatchy was undefeated going into this game (now 15-1), but hasn't faced much competition and only has had 1 close game under double digits. It looks like Cal's early season losses against some top teams and their trip to San Diego facing some very good teams helped them prepare for this close game. I am interested to see how they do against Heritage and San Ramon Valley. Those should be very good games as well.

Reactions: GBBall4L
Maybe not a complete shocker, but not many people had Cal winning that matchup. Good point on playing the tough competition down south.

Maybe not a complete shocker, but not many people had Cal winning that matchup. Good point on playing the tough competition down south.
NCP has Cal #11 in Norcal and 6 spots ahead of heritage at #17. So does the winner of that game most likley head to NCS open? I guess that 6th open spot is up for grabs still.

NCP has Cal #11 in Norcal and 6 spots ahead of heritage at #17. So does the winner of that game most likley head to NCS open? I guess that 6th open spot is up for grabs still.

Plus SRV is going to have something to say on that issue as well.

Reactions: basketba11
I'm not sure if that is a shocker. Cal High has a very good team this year with 2 outstanding senior guards in Moulton and Adams and a very good supporting cast as well. In the last NorCal rankings, I believe McClatchy was 12 and Cal was 13. McClatchy was undefeated going into this game (now 15-1), but hasn't faced much competition and only has had 1 close game under double digits. It looks like Cal's early season losses against some top teams and their trip to San Diego facing some very good teams helped them prepare for this close game. I am interested to see how they do against Heritage and San Ramon Valley. Those should be very good games as well.

You basically hit all my points about Cal High

1. Cal high has talent. Moulton and Adams are both fantastic players + Cal high has other talent.

2. Let's look at the losses they have
a. St Mary's Stockton (Strong)
b. Pinewood (Strong)
c. La Salle (Oregon) Strong
d. Miramonte (strong)
e. Fairmont Prep (Anaheim) Decently strong
a. Cal High came back and beat the team that beat Fairmont Prep in that SoCal holiday classic tournament by beating Mater Dei Catholic out of San Diego

I believe that the grueling preseason schedule California has played is starting to pay dividends. With Carondelet having a down year I believe California has a good chance to compete with San Ramon Valley for the East Bay - Other, conference title. But Monte Vista with the Transfer Sarah Brans from Dublin HS along with Freshman Nia Coleman could be a surprise as well but they are young.

You basically hit all my points about Cal High

1. Cal high has talent. Moulton and Adams are both fantastic players + Cal high has other talent.

2. Let's look at the losses they have
a. St Mary's Stockton (Strong)
b. Pinewood (Strong)
c. La Salle (Oregon) Strong
d. Miramonte (strong)
e. Fairmont Prep (Anaheim) Decently strong
a. Cal High came back and beat the team that beat Fairmont Prep in that SoCal holiday classic tournament by beating Mater Dei Catholic out of San Diego

I believe that the grueling preseason schedule California has played is starting to pay dividends. With Carondelet having a down year I believe California has a good chance to compete with San Ramon Valley for the East Bay - Other, conference title. But Monte Vista with the Transfer Sarah Brans from Dublin HS along with Freshman Nia Coleman could be a surprise as well but they are young.
I agree with you about Cal. This is their best overall squad in awhile. I know Monte Vista is having a good year, but I can't wait for the Cal vs San Ramon Valley games. They always have great games every year, but this year in particular with seniors Gerhart and Adams against each other should be special this season. Gerhart is the key for San Ramon Valley. I can see them splitting games again this year in this big rivalry.

Though Cal certainly played us (Miramonte) tough, they are 7-5 with losses by 24, 27 and 40.

McClatchy had beaten Folsom by 26 and Franklin by 20, to name just two.

Though Cal certainly played us (Miramonte) tough, they are 7-5 with losses by 24, 27 and 40.

McClatchy had beaten Folsom by 26 and Franklin by 20, to name just two.

I think you meant Cal has loss by 14, not 24. Unless Maxpreps is incorrect

Plus SRV is going to have something to say on that issue as well.

I agree on SRV having gone 10-3 against a strong schedule (16.8 via MaxPreps) missing 2 starters all season as well as Gerhart sat out against American due to injury. Could be at full strength at the right time although NCP doesn't even have them in the Top 20.

Cal had a weird schedule early playing five games in five days including SMS and Pinewood. Looks like they are starting to get their legs back.

SRV will be in the mix, but the loss to American hurts. They had two solid wins last week against Bear Creek and West Campus

Reactions: GBBall4L
Maxpreps Final:
California 77 - Monte Vista 54

Looks like that tough schedule is paying off.

Does anyone know what Oakland High schools forfeit loss to Atwater in this tournament was about?

San Ramon Valley 75 - Cal 59 - SRV had a 21 pt. lead early in the 4th. Nor Cal Preps needs to rethink their Top 20 List as SRV is deep even with 2 players still out (1 Starter). 5 Players scored in Double Digits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT