ADVERTISEMENT

Nike TOC Prelim Brackets

Benson Tech not in the top 25 preseason...
has not played a game yet....
Clay?????
Sanford Delaware????
They get New Hope so they don't get St Johns, Long Island, Mitty....
so they must be in the top 8.....but who are they...

Last edited:
Clay, at the TOC can a team say we will come but only if we are on the B-List Bracket? And does the TOC normally grant terms like that?

Dealing with elite teams is always much more difficult than dealing with ordinary teams ... there's a lot more ego involved and a lot more pressure (parental mainly) on the coaches.

So yes, teams will make requests about brackets and it's a balancing act for tournament directors. You want the elite programs to participate and maybe they're down a little this year but they'll be great next year, so you make some adjustments.

My guess is none of the three teams you mentioned wanted to be in the top bracket (which is no longer the Joe Smith bracket, by the way), nor did they demand it. As for Benson Tech, sometimes it's hard to fill out a 16-team bracket, and though they could be extremely good, again my guess would be they either requested or were willing to play in the top bracket.

SMS was in the top bracket until all the injuries occurred. Mater Dei should be in the top bracket.

True. But I will say IMO based on the upgrade in coaching at Carondelet, Mater Dei will find their first game matchup with Carondelet a good challenge no doubt. Mater Dei is obviously the favorites. They are a well coached storied program. As I have always been quick to say "coaching matters. Last night Carondelet was definitely aided by their coaching. And this season you'll have to concern yourself with more than Ali Bambeger which will open up more good looks in the flow of the game for Ali Bamberger and everyone else. And game planning for Carondelet won't be as easy when Carondelet is on your schedule. That's all the kids ever needed and what they have always wanted. Good for them ! Congratulations Carondelet on the small upset over Salesian who was not at full strength but still had an amazing performance from Angel Jackson.

Last edited:
Other than Mater Dei...Highlands Ranch...HR beat Miramonte by 23, beat Troy, beat Millenium and runs from the top bracket?????

Socal clones are brutal...
There vine...
"MD.... playing in lower division is like going to the prom with prettiest girl in the school and leaving with your step cousin"

Carondelet has a tough first round game tomorrow against Mater Dei. This will be a very tough road trip for them as the Nike TOC is always challenging, especially for the top 3 or 4 divisions. It will be very interesting to see how they play away from any home cooking four games straight. Good luck to all the Norcal teams who traveled to represent.

Carondelet has a tough first round game tomorrow against Mater Dei. This will be a very tough road trip for them as the Nike TOC is always challenging, especially for the top 3 or 4 divisions. It will be very interesting to see how they play away from any home cooking four games straight. Good luck to all the Norcal teams who traveled to represent.

I agree with your comments regarding tough road trip. The schools that play in this tournament not only have 4 games in 4 days. They will play top national programs that will be extremely tough, athletic, well coached and experienced teams. I will assume the local teams participating will come out of this more than ready for their individual league schedule. Hopefully all teams represent well and most importantly come out healthy.

Reactions: Paytc and OnBall8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT