ADVERTISEMENT

Nor Cal preseason Top 10

patrick916

Superstar
Sep 16, 2014
With the football season right around the corner the preseason rankings are out. This list is from Maxpreps and has 14 NorCal teams in the state preseason top 50. De La Salle of course being #1.
The Sierra Foothill league has 3 teams in the rankings. Good Luck to all Nor Cal schools.
# 1) De La Salle
#2) Del Oro
#3) Folsom
#4) Elk Grove
#5) Serra
#6) Antioch
#7) Saint Mary's
#8) Clayton Valley Charter
#9) Central Catholic
#10) Saint Francis
#11) Monte Vista
#12) Foothill
#13) Oak Grove
#14) Granite Bay
Early season match ups: DLS vs. Antioch, Foothill vs.Monte Vista, Oak Grove vs. Granite Bay,
St.Mary's vs. Serra, Central Catholic vs. St. Mary's, DLS vs.Serra.
What games are you looking forward to and are there any predictions.

Last edited:
Reactions: DelOroFB_Dad
No MV, Foothill, etc, and then some questionable teams. But hey lists and rankings are losers, these things will straighten themselves out when the games start.

Reactions: Paloma
No MV, Foothill, etc, and then some questionable teams. But hey lists and rankings are losers, these things will straighten themselves out when the games start.
Can't take the Maxpreps pre season ranking seriously. It is based on Calpreps mathematical model and is worthless until a couple of games are played by this years crop of kids

Reactions: Bubba3000
The list posted from MaxPreps is off slightly according to both MaxPreps & Freeman Rankings/CalPreps. Likely by accident somebody skipped over 3 teams.
Here are the state rankings for the Top 15 NorCal teams as correctly listed:

#5 DLS
#6 Del Oro
#11 Folsom
#13 Elk Grove
#21 Serra
#22 Antioch
#28 St. Mary's-Stockton
#29 CVC
#36 Central Catholic
#37 St. Francis
#38 Monte Vista
#40 Foothill
#44 Oak Grove
#46 Granite Bay
#53 Bellarmine

From early analysis of the teams this grouping is way off. Both SFL & WCAL have 3 teams listed above.

You are correct MV, Foothill, etc. are included in the preseason ranking. Thanks for pointing that out. Do you have any predictions?

You are correct MV, Foothill, etc. are included in the preseason ranking. Thanks for pointing that out. Do you have any predictions?

No predictions but I have hopes. I have said numerous times on these boards I hope this year DLS gets beat in NCS championship game. The benefits from DLS rule and plays on in D1 bracket. That's my hope. Interested to see how CV does now that they have been forced up to play with the big boys. Also interested in seeing how CC fairs now that they are moving up. I tend to think CC will do ok since they seem to have a solid program and staff.

Really looking forward to the DLS vs Servite game and Del Oro vs Bellarmine. Also can't wait to see what kind of numbers Najee Harris puts up in his senior year.

No predictions but I have hopes. I have said numerous times on these boards I hope this year DLS gets beat in NCS championship game. The benefits from DLS rule and plays on in D1 bracket.

Good luck with that one. I don't care how many Spartan faithful say this may be a down year for them, until they actually lose to a NorCal team again (and probably even afterward), they will be heavy favorites in every game they play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT