ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Baseball Regionals First Round Scores

FBAddict

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2002
Well, I hope this is not to much for Foothill - Longtime coach Angelo Scavone won’t be here after getting ejected in the NCS D1 final against De La Salle. Don Galli is Foothill’s acting coach today! Will this make a difference?

Last edited:
We will see how good Chris Jackson of West Coast Preps is at predicting baseball winners.

Maybe the following link won't work if you don't have subscription for premium material. So without disclosing all the information, here is Chris' predictions for DI, first round.
De La Salle
Foothill
Valley Christian
St. Francis

Last edited:
Reactions: concrete17
Well, I hope this is not to much for Foothill - Longtime coach Angelo Scavone won’t be here after getting ejected in the NCS D1 final against De La Salle. Don Galli is Foothill’s acting coach today! Will this make a difference?

I doubt it makes a difference at this point. A very talented team with an assistant coach at the helm is still a very talented team.

Valley Christian up 6-2 against Whitney in 4th.
Maybe newman can give SF a game . Otherwise these scores are as most of us thought.

Reactions: bella123
Foothill beats Palo Alto 15-5 to advance to the NorCal Regional D1 Semi-finals

Newman down. 3-1 to SF. Vero went yard to get newman on board. Tough task for NBL.

ukiah trails Granite bay 1-0.

Central High has taken a 4-0 lead over Monterey in the fourth inning in the NorCal DIII baseball playoffs

Bradshaw Christian beats Madera South 3-0 in NorCal Division IV.

DII
BCP 5 Vanden 4
Mitty 3 Clovis East 2
McClatchy 11 Pleasant Valley 7
Granite Bay 1 Ukiah 0

DIII
Central 8 Monterey 6
St. Bernard's 5 Foothill 2
Rio Americano 15 Sutter 5
Alpha Charter 2 Petaluma 1

DIV
Colusa 5 Branson 4
Christopher 10 Calaveras 3
St. Mary's 4 St. Francis 3
Bradshaw Christian 3 Madera South 0

DV
Monte Vista Christian 3 Washington 1
Turlock Christian vs Mendota
Berean Christian 14 Skyline 1
Durham 7 Etna 5

Last edited:
DI
De La Salle 9 Del Campo 3
St. Francis 11 Cardinal Newman 1
Valley Christian 7 Whitney 4
Foothill 15 Palo Alto 5

Reactions: concrete17
D1 went exactly as predicted. Although Whitney had some chances and had bases loaded end of game and couldn’t capitalize.

Reactions: FBAddict
DI
De La Salle 9 Del Campo 3
St. Francis 11 Cardinal Newman 1
Valley Christian 7 Whitney 4
Foothill 15 Palo Alto 5
It Really Doesn’t Make Sense to me why Newman was bumped to D1 for This…. Didn’t they win D3?….

Bumping up 2 Levels in The State Playoff seems like almost like a penalty instead of a reward….🤣

It Really Doesn’t Make Sense to me why Newman was bumped to D1 for This…. Didn’t they win D3?….

Bumping up 2 Levels in The State Playoff seems like almost like a penalty instead of a reward….🤣
You might have a point about CN being moved up too high; however to equate NCS D3 to specific regional divisions is a mistake. The NCS section uses enrollment as a major criterion for placement whereas the regional divisions does not include enrollment among their criteria. A smaller enrollment will force CN into a lower division for their section and other equity criteria for CIF regional placement forces CN upward. All sections have different methods of divisional placement whereas CIF regional divisions supposedly used one unified method for every team.

I thought they would be a good d2 norcal team. D1 is basically the Open. Just brutal. Good season and almost entire team returns with a great Fresh/soph class too.

According to Maxpreps the Turlock Christian vs Mendota game did not start until 6pm. It now reports TC 6 Mendota 0 at the top of the 6th inning.

I am seeing reports that Turlock Christian beat Mendota but I can't see any other score reports but 6-0 at the top of the 6th.

Division I

#1 De La Salle beat #8 Del Campo 9-3: The Spartans scored six runs in the bottom of the first inning to take control. They got five doubles from five different players and four innings of two run ball from Tyler Wood, who picked up the win.

#4 Foothill beat #5 Palo Alto 15-5: Foothill won the five inning game after scoring 10 runs in the second inning and five more in the third. Payton McMillan and Jack Basseer combined for seven RBI.

#6 Valley Christian beat #3 Whitney 7-4: With the score tied at two after three innings, the Warriors plated four runs in the fourth to be the lone road winner on Tuesday in Division I.

#2 St. Francis beat #7 Cardinal Newman 11-1: The Lancers scored six runs in the fifth and final inning to post a 10 run win.

Division II

#1 Bellarmine beat #8 Vanden 5-4: Bellarmine avoided the first round loss with four runs in the bottom of the seventh.

#4 Granite Bay beat #5 Ukiah 1-0: Nolan Lawrie and Cadden Hunter combined on a one-hitter to hold off the NCS Division II champions.

#6 McClatchy beat #3 Pleasant Valley 11-7: Mason Ogihara had three RBI and the Lions scored four runs in the top of the seventh.

#2 Mitty beat #7 Clovis East 3-2: Mitty used an eighth inning sacrifice fly to hold off Clovis East. Luka Pintar threw 2.2 shutout innings of relief to get the win.

Division III

#8 Central beat #1 Monterey 8-6: Central was the only No. 8 seed to win on Tuesday and the only Central Section team to advance in the NorCal bracket.

#4 St. Bernard’s beat #5 Foothill-Palo Cedro 5-4: After winning the NCS Division VI title, St. Bernard’s advanced with its 14th win in the last 15 games.

#3 Rio Americano beat #6 Sutter 15-5: Rio Americano scored double digit runs for the 11th time this season in the five inning win. The Raiders scored nine runs in the bottom of the fifth.

#7 Alpha Charter beat #2 Petaluma 2-1: Holding Petaluma to just three hits, Alpha Charter knocked out Petaluma behind RBI doubles from Jaxon Byrd and Conner Smith.

Division IV

#1 Colusa beat #8 Branson 5-4: Colusa stayed perfect as Niko Silvas had a pair of RBI. Ethan Lay struck out 13 batters over 5.2 innings.

#4 Christopher beat #5 Calaveras 10-3: Sitting at 9-16, Christopher has won its last four games including the CCS Division V title and a first round win in NorCals.

#6 St. Mary’s Berkeley beat #3 St. Francis SCP 4-3: The Panthers have now won five in a row and have given up 10 total runs during the streak.

#2 Bradshaw Christian beat #7 Madera South 3-0: Bradshaw Christian has now posted eight shutouts this season and will take a 14 game winning streak into Thursday’s semi-finals.

Division V

#1 Monte Vista Christian beat #8 Washington-San Francisco 3-1: Jacob Woods struck out six batters in a complete game to lead the Mustangs.

#4 Durham beat #5 Etna 7-5: Tyler Porter went 2-for-4 with two RBI and Rico Merlo gave up two runs over five innings.

#6 Berean Christian beat #3 Skyline14-1: Griffin DeRusso, Tom Reed and Josh Ting each had three RBI.

#2 Turlock Christian beat #7 Mendota 6-0: Turlock Christian won its ninth straight game, including seven by shutout.

Reactions: FBAddict

Del Campo was another D3 section winner who was “rewarded” by being bumped up to a road game vs an outstanding opponent.

Del Campo was another D3 section winner who was “rewarded” by being bumped up to a road game vs an outstanding opponent.
Yeah. Gee thanks. But cool opportunity for kids to play #1 and Somebody has to try and be spoiler. The Powers in d1 flexed there muscles. Keep in mind some of these teams like newman and Whitney are very young. They will be back next year. Learn from the experience and grow.

Reactions: bella123
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT