ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Transfers - Has the Dust Yet Settled ?

jordan24

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2002
What is the latest tally of transfers at NorCal schools? So far, I got:
Incoming
Modesto Christian - 2021 6-2 Jaden Phillips; 2021 6-7 F Myles Clayton
DLS - 2022 6-0 PG Jordan Pope
Mitty - 2021 6-6 F Nigel Burris
SHC - 2021 5-10 G Trae McPherson
Dougherty Valley - 2020 6-2 G Robby Beasley
Riordan - 2022 7-0 C Mor Seck; 2021 6-6 PF Robert Vaihola
???

Last edited:
no. people transfer schools for multiple reasons. Some due to a family move. Others due to athletics. Academics. etc.

Dante Sawyer Jr. 6-3 wing to Salesian from Antioch High.

Alonzo 6-4 wing to De La Salle from Pittsburgh.

several others

Reactions: jordan24
yes. he now has two sons on Salesian. Tejon. 6 foot 8 post senior. And Dante Jr. 6 foot 3 junior wing

I have heard pope to dela is not accurate or should I say not a done deal can anyone shed any light as to where he will end up.

Yeah ankleassassin a 50 year old grown man going to a 16 year old Twitter's account that's the ticket SMH.
50 year old grown men talking about 16 year olds on an anonymous site asking people what said 16 year old is going to do is better? I mean the horse will probably have a better idea of what he is gonna do. You seem to be with the times considering you used SMH instead of Gee Willakers. Plus kids love clout now a days... he will let you folllow him

They should mandate a rule that determines how many games you sit out as a transfer based on your schools previous record.

So if a kid is transferring from a 24-8 school he sits out 16 games, he transfers from a 16-16 school no games and so on.

I know not all conferences are made equal, but it would make it more difficult for kids to leave a school they are having success in. Of course moving to a certain area makes this idea null and void.

it will never happen

They should mandate a rule that determines how many games you sit out as a transfer based on your schools previous record.

So if a kid is transferring from a 24-8 school he sits out 16 games, he transfers from a 16-16 school no games and so on.

I know not all conferences are made equal, but it would make it more difficult for kids to leave a school they are having success in. Of course moving to a certain area makes this idea null and void.
!

Let families decide what's best for their kids ... allow all start-of-the-year transfers with no questions asked.

Do drama students have to sit out a year of plays when they transfer? Do musicians? Debaters?

Of course not, and all are extracurricular activities, and plays and concerts charge admission.

So why are athletics different? If athletics are a valued extracurricular activity, then they should be treated like other valued extracurricular activities. And if the transfer rules make sense for athletics, they should be applied to other extracurricular activities, if only to those that charge admission.

I agree with you ClayK....

QUOTE="ClayK, post: 240305, member: 26"]Let families decide what's best for their kids ... allow all start-of-the-year transfers with no questions asked.

Do drama students have to sit out a year of plays when they transfer? Do musicians? Debaters?

Of course not, and all are extracurricular activities, and plays and concerts charge admission.

So why are athletics different? If athletics are a valued extracurricular activity, then they should be treated like other valued extracurricular activities. And if the transfer rules make sense for athletics, they should be applied to other extracurricular activities, if only to those that charge admission.[/QUOTE]

i would say the only difference really is the recruiting. it might be happening at conservatories, but i really don't see the band teachers trying to recruit the next best trumpet player, or the debate coach looking down to the middle school or other high schools for the next great orator.

and the charging admission doesn't always apply because most schools don't charge admission for all games. most high schools don't charge for admission to softball or baseball, track and field, or swimming, but i am sure coaches recruit in those sports as well.

Let families decide what's best for their kids ... allow all start-of-the-year transfers with no questions asked.

So why are athletics different? If athletics are a valued extracurricular activity, then they should be treated like other valued extracurricular activities. And if the transfer rules make sense for athletics, they should be applied to other extracurricular activities, if only to those that charge admission.
First, I 100% agree with the basic premise of letting families decide what is best for their children. I also agree that transfers can be beneficial to all parties involved. (Student, Parents,Coaches,Schools etc.) My question would be are there any parameters to what you are suggesting ? For example, what if a player leaves Rancho Cucamonga to play football his junior year at Mater Dei. Then transfers back to RC for the 2nd semester. He then repeats the same thing for his senior year. It might seem like an extreme example but less the junior year part this happened last year.

My limitation would be you can transfer at the start of the school year, and you are only eligible for sports at that school for that school year.

And by the way, if you don't think the top debate coaches don't know who the best middle school debaters are, you're fooling yourself. And same with musicians and singers ...

Clay I know this is off topic have you heard
any news regarding NCS Open division will
there be another vote this year on it?

The SAC voted for it 23-9 or something, and it's on the agenda for the Board of Managers meeting. Objections raised last year have been answered, but one commissioner (from the HDNL, which has no teams that will be affected) is still adamantly against it.

Two questions came up, I heard at, SAC:

1) What if a Division IV-V team was good enough for the Open? The answer would be an option for teams to opt up to Division III prior to the season with a simple application.

2) What if a team went into the Open for two or three years in a row and didn't win any games, thus forcing relegation to a lower division because of lack of postseason NCS points? The answer is that all Open teams are awarded postseason points regardless of how many games they win.

Implementation would be planned for this year with a six-team Open. We'll see ...

I think kids should be able to transfer and as long as it’s not during the season, be able to play no matter what. Why penalize a kid who may only get 4 years to play competitive sports because they want to play somewhere else. An then to have all these grown men gossiping about where these kids may end up is a trip to me.

The only people that want to see transfers be able to play immediately are the ones that back private and parochial schools. You see public schools can't do that, but that clearly doesn't matter to you in the slightest. You probably supported the football players that literally transferred for one semester from their public school to a top parochial school only to immediately transfer back after the season was over. That's a load of crap and should never be allowed.

The only people that want to see transfers be able to play immediately are the ones that back private and parochial schools. You see public schools can't do that, but that clearly doesn't matter to you in the slightest. You probably supported the football players that literally transferred for one semester from their public school to a top parochial school only to immediately transfer back after the season was over. That's a load of crap and should never be allowed.
what kid?

you only can do high school once. So kids should be able to play after transferring. At the worst maybe sitting out a few games in football. Maybe 5 to 6 in basketball, depending on the timing of the transfer.

Hey. I dont have s problem with it They transferred after the season Now if they were to play another sport. They should be disqualified. Or have to sit out. But I dont have a problem with it. You cant predict what someone is gonna do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT