ADVERTISEMENT

Not NorCal, but interesting anyhow

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Over the last couple years, I have been occasionally watching the top teams in Georgia play on suv.tv, a YouTube channel.

Just now, I watched a game from a couple days ago, featuring McEachern (Hadn't lost since Feb. 2018) vs Grayson (top-ranked in state so far this season)...

Grayson won the game bigtime (83-57), but the reason I thought I'd mention it here was the unusual triple-double put up by Grayson's 6'7" forward Ian Schieffelin. Get this: 13 points, 10 rebounds... and 11 BLOCKED SHOTS! How Draymond-like...

Reactions: BadBucks
Over the last couple years, I have been occasionally watching the top teams in Georgia play on suv.tv, a YouTube channel.

Just now, I watched a game from a couple days ago, featuring McEachern (Hadn't lost since Feb. 2018) vs Grayson (top-ranked in state so far this season)...

Grayson won the game bigtime (83-57), but the reason I thought I'd mention it here was the unusual triple-double put up by Grayson's 6'7" forward Ian Schieffelin. Get this: 13 points, 10 rebounds... and 11 BLOCKED SHOTS! How Draymond-like...
which draymond? now he at 5,4,2 and 3948398 excuses and 42804820 complaints...

My 1st cousin is the head coach at Grayson. Not that anyone cares, but I saw his squad mentioned and had to brag a little. LOL

Last edited:
Guess I was referring to last year's Draymond...

I figured some Georgia-connected peeps on here would have interest in this... There was a LOT of Georgia discussion on the football forum this past season.

I watched at least half-a-dozen McEachern games on YouTube last year, they were truly outstanding, undefeated state champs ranked #2 nationally by MaxPreps. Graduated a few kids (5, I think), but have their top player Sharife Cooper (Auburn commit) back for his senior year... Think I saw Grayson a couple times, too... They look loaded for bear this season... Held Cooper to 17, at least 15 below his average, I'd say (no stats anywhere that I can find, but he's been over 40 twice and has a high of 52, I think)

Sharife Cooper from McEachern is an unbelievable player. Saw the highlights from his game against Mayfair, and my goodness smooth doesn't even begin to describe it. He will have a tough time making the league due to his height, but next year at Auburn he will put up 15-20 ppg with ease as a freshman.

i just hate the warriors and all the bandwagon fans. half of them were lakers or kings fans 10 years ago

I am enlightened. So how many NBA titles do the LA Lakers have?

Besides this year's Warriors team, which year and players were your favorite Warriors team?

Last edited:
i just hate the warriors and all the bandwagon fans. half of them were lakers or kings fans 10 years ago
Warrior fans have always filled Oracle Arena during the lean years. Be it rooting for Vonteego Cummings to Andres Biedrins. Lol! Fan support has always been recognized around the NBA. I have to admit there were a lot of bandwagon fans the past 5 years, but the Warrior Nation always had a strong fan base - win or lose.

Reactions: ayalar09
Warrior fans have always filled Oracle Arena during the lean years. Be it rooting for Vonteego Cummings to Andres Biedrins. Lol! Fan support has always been recognized around the NBA. I have to admit there were a lot of bandwagon fans the past 5 years, but the Warrior Nation always had a strong fan base - win or lose.
i am talking about grown men who have tons of laker shirts, laker facebook post from the kobe years.. now all the sudden they been warriors fans their whole lives... then the warriors fans popping up in wisconsin

Reactions: jordan24
i am talking about grown men who have tons of laker shirts, laker facebook post from the kobe years.. now all the sudden they been warriors fans their whole lives... then the warriors fans popping up in wisconsin

This isnt just a Warriors thing. A huge population of the U.S. and world for that matter became Bulls fans. There is no secret to this recipe. If you win and have great players, people will follow you because everyone loves winners. Look at the Bulls now. Same ownership but theres someone missing. Warriors are having their gap year and we will see next year if their run is truly over.

Im no Warriors fan but as a kid go as far back as Greg Papa calling the radio play by play on KNBR saying names like Sleepy Floyd, Winston Garland, and of course young Chris Mullin.

Post webber pre this current run, the warriors would market other teams stars to sell tickets (Shaq/Kobe; Yao; Lebron immediately come to mind). When the better teams came to town, those games almost felt like road games. So I would disagree that they always filled Oracle.

Post webber pre this current run, the warriors would market other teams stars to sell tickets (Shaq/Kobe; Yao; Lebron immediately come to mind). When the better teams came to town, those games almost felt like road games. So I would disagree that they always filled Oracle.
i often call BS on the whole they been selling out for years too. Then people say the usual....'my dad had season tickets been to all the games.'... bruh you aint seen yo dad since he went to get them newports.

I remember the days when the Warriors participated in the SF Pro-Am. If you don’t know about Chris Washburn, Jo Barry Carroll and when both Don Nelson and George Karl (Tenures) would bring the Warriors to play during the weekday at the Pro-Am at the Potrero Hill Gym, that’s a lot of backwoods History some will never know or experience. SF never fully committed to the Warriors until now. Oakland was always fully committed, but the Warriors were never IMO fully committed to Oakland. Lots of reasons for either or.

The Warriors are far from the only NBA team using that marketing strategy... Example: I lived in Blazer country for 18 years. Even though the team was pretty good, making the playoffs just about every year (and then losing first round, but they got there), the newspaper ads would almost always market the opponents' top player. Kobe, MJ, Hakeem, Kidd, Ewing, whomever. And barely mention the Blazers' own players, even though they had a lot of good ones.

Reactions: ayalar09
I was thinking about this last night, and if someone offered me tickets to a Warriors game or a Prolific Prep game, same day same night....I think right now I’d actually pick PP.

I love the Warriors, but basketball is similar to a restaurant. If a restaurant serves great food (Championship years) then people will be more inclined to eat there. But if the chef changes (KD leaving, Injuries) and the food quality dips, guess what? Less people are going to show up to eat there if any!

Will always love the Warriors, but I’m more interested in watching college games and the potential top 5 pick we will get, over watching Jordan Poole and Ky Bowman “develop.”

Also as much as I love Draymond, this season taught me that he will never be the Bride and will always be the Bridesmaid. He needs to thank Steph, KD and Klay for that contract he got.

Curry and Green's contracts are pretty much a smoothing out of back pay for the injured Curry years and Green only getting 2nd round money. They made a lot of money for Lacob the last 5 years and counting. As long as this is how they treat their players, they will attract tier A free agents because that is ownership that players want to play for.

Reactions: m4success
My 1st Cousin is the head coach at Grayson Not that anyone cares, but I saw his squad mentioned and had to brag a little. LOL
Georgia/Atlanta area hoops has super elevated over the past few years. I am friends with Coach Washington at Pebblebrook, they play a ridiculous schedule and puts out very good players.

Also as much as I love Draymond, this season taught me that he will never be the Bride and will always be the Bridesmaid. He needs to thank Steph, KD and Klay for that contract he got.
he on the catering crew. not even in the wedding party.

A childhood friend of mine coaches at Salem High in ATL. They’re a better than average/mid division level team for the area. I saw a game in person last week. Nothing against NorCal basketball, but Salem and the team they beat would be a handful for more than a few of our top teams out here. Georgia basketball is impressive. Same thing for baseball and football the past decade or so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT