ADVERTISEMENT

Oakland Tech prevails over Oakland

Tremendous game. One of the loudest gyms I've ever been in–even louder than the Jungle Game! I get that teams love playing in their home gyms, but if every meeting between these two is at a larger site like Laney for the next couple years, I certainly wouldn't mind.

I know this is a bit far-fetched, but if the hype for this matchup continues to grow, I know of a 19,000 seat arena that used to host state championships nearby ...

Tremendous game. One of the loudest gyms I've ever been in–even louder than the Jungle Game! I get that teams love playing in their home gyms, but if every meeting between these two is at a larger site like Laney for the next couple years, I certainly wouldn't mind.

I know this is a bit far-fetched, but if the hype for this matchup continues to grow, I know of a 19,000 seat arena that used to host state championships nearby ...
those cost money... oakland public schools barely can afford to pay staff. plus laney has no parking, and the street parking will get you bipped.

I was told by a well placed source it costs around 20k to rent Oakland arena. With like 7k of that being paying the people who put the court together. The arena is set up for other events, like wrestling, ice skating, etc.

So it is by no means that easy unfortunately

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT