ADVERTISEMENT

October 18 Scores

I had a feeling they would upset Calaveras but not by this much. This was the only game I thought would be an upset. I also thought the new coach at Calaveras would make a difference in the losing streak to Sonora. But he didn't.

But, you took Calaveras at 7.

Reactions: 13 others
Oak Ridge beat Whitney 26-14

Wow, but not surprised. I didn’t think OR last week was as good as advertised early on. Even though it was a 3 score game. QB is good but not a Sunday player. 4 timely turnovers by DO led to 24 points.

The league is very close this year, which is good.

But, you took Calaveras at 7.
Agree. However, I had them at 3 until the last hour. I had a strong feeling Sonora would beat them due to the long win streak they have on Calavares. Earlier tonight I saw that Calaveras had a new coach so I took a chance on him winning. Lesson learned. Never bet against a coach that has a winning streak against another school. No matter if the new coach seems to have turned the program around.

Wow, but not surprised. I didn’t think OR last week was as good as advertised early on. Even though it was a 3 score game. QB is good but not a Sunday player. 4 timely turnovers by DO led to 24 points.

The league is very close this year, which is good.

Whitney was gritty tnite and OR slept walk thru the first half. OR shows up in first and they win by 3+ scores. Both teams have good QB’s. Lamson is a Saturday QB. Haven’t seen a Sunday one since I saw Goff at MC beat C.Newman.

Liberty had fumble in backfield on first play for 12-yard loss. Then an incomplete pass has set up a 3rd-22 from the 37. Lions trail 24-21 in first OT

Not a particularly strong year in norcal either. There is DLS and ...... Folsom not as strong and Serra is good but seem to lack on the defensive side of the ball although probably favored over offensive deficient VC and maybe as good as Folsom.

Now can I get some agreement that the NCS is really down this year?

Why would that result further the point the NCS is down? I didn't see the game, but from game flow, it seemed like two good teams going at it. The NCS is down argument is correct (and one I didn't see as early as others on this board).

However, I look at no third quality team from the BVAL, no standout team from non-De La Salle EBAL teams and O'Dowd being way down as being bigger evidence than the Pittsburg-Liberty result.

Reactions: 13 others and remc
Not a particularly strong year in norcal either. There is DLS and ...... Folsom not as strong and Serra is good but seem to lack on the defensive side of the ball although probably favored over offensive deficient VC and maybe as good as Folsom.

This has been my feeling as we look at rankings past the top 4 or 5. Teams 6-10 are generally weaker this season compared to past years. And even 2-4 is down for the most part

Why would that result further the point the NCS is down? I didn't see the game, but from game flow, it seemed like two good teams going at it. The NCS is down argument is correct (and one I didn't see as early as others on this board).

However, I look at no third quality team from the BVAL, no standout team from non-De La Salle EBAL teams and O'Dowd being way down as being bigger evidence than the Pittsburg-Liberty result.

Pitt's previous "big" win was over St. Mary's who has taken 3 beatings far, far worse (the Wilcox game was with the Chargers' main RB out). Pitt, Liberty, California, Monte Vista, San Ramon Valley, and Clayton Valley Charter may be all interchangeable, depending on the night. Considering what Monterey Trail did to SRV and Serra did to Pitt, the NCS isn't looking very good overall.

To me, the most impressive win for the NCS this year has been Marin Catholic over Mitty.

Pitt's previous "big" win was over St. Mary's who has taken 3 beatings far, far worse (the Wilcox game was with the Chargers' main RB out). Pitt, Liberty, California, Monte Vista, San Ramon Valley, and Clayton Valley Charter may be all interchangeable, depending on the night. Considering what Monterey Trail did to SRV and Serra did to Pitt, the NCS isn't looking very good overall.

To me, the most impressive win for the NCS this year has been Marin Catholic over Mitty.
Yes, the NCS is down.

Agreed. NorCal is down this year. CCS is relatively up, but I think the SJS is slightly down and the NCS is very down. CCS putting its top teams all in one basket is probably going to force some other teams to play over their heads in the regionals.

Agreed. NorCal is down this year. CCS is relatively up, but I think the SJS is slightly down and the NCS is very down. CCS putting its top teams all in one basket is probably going to force some other teams to play over their heads in the regionals.
A lot of traditional NCS powers are in rebuilding mode. It happens.

A lot of traditional NCS powers are in rebuilding mode. It happens.

Las Lomas looks interesting in D-III. Either MC or CN will be good in D-IV. D-I is just a mess, though. NCS D-II may end up comparable to CCS D-II.

We'll see how much work the NCS commissioner puts in to keep divisional heirarchy when it comes to the regional bowl placements.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT