Harbor 2:00PM
Pirate Homecoming

Soledad at
Carmel 2:00PM

Friday, October 12, 2018
Marina at
Greenfield 7:00PM- "Good" match-up of struggling programs? Greenfield 21-20

Monte Vista Christian at
Alisal 7:30PM- Good match up of 2 team that ground and poud. Over/under on combined passes will be about 3. Alisal 24-21

Christopher at
Palma 7:30PM- First of another bad match up of Gabilan teams. Palma should win easily 35-14

Watsonville at
Scotts Valley 7:30PM- The small roster seem to have caught up to Scott's Valley. Something happened in Watsonville as well, they only dressed 40 last week. Scott's Valley 24-10

Hollister at
Everett Alvarez 7:30PM- The balers are not the best team in the Gabilan but they are better than Alvarez. Hollister 28-12

Stevenson at
Soquel 7:30PM- I hate picking against RLS, But Soquel is a wee bit better than Harbor. Knights win 24-14

Seaside at
Salinas 7:30PM- Salinas will continue to cruise 38-12

Monterey at
Pacific Grove 7:30PM- This may get ugly, Monterey probably should be in Mission division. Monterey 35-7

Santa Cruz at
North Monterey County 7:30PM- Taking NMC 21-12

King City at
Gonzales 7:30PM (Little Big Game)- I count this as the 86 meting between the 2 south county schools. Gonzales has been really good this year, but vs weaker competition. I still say they get the "megaphone" back. Gonzales wins 28-24

Gilroy at
Aptos 7:30PM- The score will be whatever Aptos wants it to be to -0 for Gilroy.

Saturday, October 13, 2018
St. Francis S.C.P. at
San Lorenzo Valley 2:00PM- SLV needs to win out (including beating Monterey) to get a playoff birth. They should handle the undermanned Sharks. SLV 26-18

Pajaro Valley at
Pirate Homecoming- I just don't see harbor Alumni getting excited about this program. That being said this is probably their last chance at a victory this year. Pajaro hangs on 20--18.

Soledad at
Carmel 2:00PM- Soledad is not good this year, Carmel is really good this year. Padres 55-7

Friday, October 12, 2018
Marina at

Monte Vista Christian at
Alisal 7:30PM- Good match up of 2 team that ground and poud. Over/under on combined passes will be about 3. Alisal 24-21

Christopher at
Palma 7:30PM- First of another bad match up of Gabilan teams. Palma should win easily 35-14

Watsonville at
Scotts Valley 7:30PM- The small roster seem to have caught up to Scott's Valley. Something happened in Watsonville as well, they only dressed 40 last week. Scott's Valley 24-10

Hollister at
Everett Alvarez 7:30PM- The balers are not the best team in the Gabilan but they are better than Alvarez. Hollister 28-12

Stevenson at
Soquel 7:30PM- I hate picking against RLS, But Soquel is a wee bit better than Harbor. Knights win 24-14

Seaside at

Monterey at
Pacific Grove 7:30PM- This may get ugly, Monterey probably should be in Mission division. Monterey 35-7

Santa Cruz at

King City at
Gonzales 7:30PM (Little Big Game)- I count this as the 86 meting between the 2 south county schools. Gonzales has been really good this year, but vs weaker competition. I still say they get the "megaphone" back. Gonzales wins 28-24

Gilroy at

St. Francis S.C.P. at
San Lorenzo Valley 2:00PM- SLV needs to win out (including beating Monterey) to get a playoff birth. They should handle the undermanned Sharks. SLV 26-18

Pajaro Valley at
Pirate Homecoming- I just don't see harbor Alumni getting excited about this program. That being said this is probably their last chance at a victory this year. Pajaro hangs on 20--18.

Soledad at
Carmel 2:00PM- Soledad is not good this year, Carmel is really good this year. Padres 55-7
Lmao -0 Gilroy you always put something hilarious

Lmao -0 Gilroy you always put something hilarious
I th
Friday, October 12, 2018
Marina at

Monte Vista Christian at

Christopher at

Watsonville at

Hollister at

Stevenson at

Seaside at

Monterey at

Santa Cruz at

King City at

Gilroy at

St. Francis S.C.P. at

Pajaro Valley at

Soledad at
i think the RLS Soquel game is a toss up

Last edited:
RLS- Hard to argue with your picks. I think the one you might miss is RLS/ Soquel. With Murray now getting a lot more touches as a running back- he could be enough to put them over the top.

Interesting to see that MVC @ Alisal is a NorCalPreps Pick'em game!

MVC seems to have turned a corner. They lost to Christopher early on, but just gave Carmel a tough time.

You are right Cal. Look out for MVC in the next few years. I watched the Carmel game, and although the Padres were not on their best offensively; Missed receivers, dropped passes etc, a lot can be attributed to the way MVC played.

The new MVC coach was Gilroy's coach last year and he will have this program cruising and back challenging in the Gabilan in a few years. MVC is a private boarding school and the administration wants to be successful at football. This is a great situation for a coach to really build a contender.

That being said Alisal, IMO, will still be able to beat them this weekend. This game will probably decide 2nd and third place in the mission. I see both MVC and Alisal advancing to the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT