Soledad 7:30PM

Saturday, October 6, 2018
North Monterey County at
San Lorenzo Valley 2:00PM

Greenfield at
Pajaro Valley 7:30PM
@ Cabrillo College

Reactions: aztecpadre
Fri 10/05 King City (CA) at Monterey (CA), 7:30pm – Monterey is too fast for the Mustangs, Monterey 28-7

Fri 10/05 St. Francis (Watsonville, CA) vs Pacific Grove (CA) at Santa Cruz (CA), 7:30pm- St Francis has the most well conditioned athletes 15 kids is cutting it close for football. But they are a solid 15, Sharks prevail 24-20

Sat 10/06 North Monterey County (Castroville, CA) at San Lorenzo Valley (Felton, CA), 2:00pm- One of the better games in the area, taking SLV without the headsets, 28-27

Fri 10/05 Aptos (CA) at Alvarez (Salinas, CA), 7:30pm- Aptos seems to be the class of the Gabilan, easy W for them 48-7

Fri 10/05 Salinas (CA) at Christopher (Gilroy, CA), 7:30pm – Don’t be surprised if Christoper keeps it close, but Cowboys will prevail 28-18

Fri 10/05 San Benito (Hollister, CA) vs Gilroy (CA) at Salinas Sports Complex (Salinas, CA), 7:30pm – Gilroy has really taken a huge step back this year. Balers win 35-7

Fri 10/05 Palma (Salinas, CA) at Seaside (CA), 7:30pm -Seaside is just not that good this year. Palma 32-14

Fri 10/05 Scotts Valley (CA) at Monte Vista Christian (Watsonville, CA), 7:30pm- Winner is in a good spot for the 3rd place and playoff berth. Taking SV in a tight one 24-23

Fri 10/05 North Salinas (Salinas, CA) at Soledad (CA), 7:30pm -Like Gilroy, Soledad has really dropped off. NS 24-6

Fri 10/05 Carmel (CA) at Watsonville (CA), 7:30pm – MVC played Carmel very close last week, look for Carmel to try and come out quickly and put the gas on early. Padres 54-14

Fri 10/05 Stevenson (Pebble Beach, CA) at Harbor (Santa Cruz, CA), 7:00pm- Can you say 3 in a row? I can! RLS continues to win while Harbor Continues to struggle. RLS 35-14

Fri 10/05 Gonzales (CA) vs Marina (CA) at Monterey Peninsula College (Monterey, CA), 6:00pm – 6 of the teams in this division are close, Gonzales is not, they are better. Gonzo continues the march towards the postseason 24-7

Sat 10/06 Pajaro Valley (Watsonville, CA) vs Greenfield (CA) at Cabrillo College (Aptos, CA), 7:30pm- Taking PV at home (close enough), 35-34

Fri 10/05 King City (CA) at Monterey (CA), 7:30pm – Monterey is too fast for the Mustangs, Monterey 28-7

Fri 10/05 St. Francis (Watsonville, CA) vs Pacific Grove (CA) at Santa Cruz (CA), 7:30pm- St Francis has the most well conditioned athletes 15 kids is cutting it close for football. But they are a solid 15, Sharks prevail 24-20

Sat 10/06 North Monterey County (Castroville, CA) at San Lorenzo Valley (Felton, CA), 2:00pm- One of the better games in the area, taking SLV without the headsets, 28-27

Fri 10/05 Aptos (CA) at Alvarez (Salinas, CA), 7:30pm- Aptos seems to be the class of the Gabilan, easy W for them 48-7

Fri 10/05 Salinas (CA) at Christopher (Gilroy, CA), 7:30pm – Don’t be surprised if Christoper keeps it close, but Cowboys will prevail 28-18

Fri 10/05 San Benito (Hollister, CA) vs Gilroy (CA) at Salinas Sports Complex (Salinas, CA), 7:30pm – Gilroy has really taken a huge step back this year. Balers win 35-7

Fri 10/05 Palma (Salinas, CA) at Seaside (CA), 7:30pm -Seaside is just not that good this year. Palma 32-14

Fri 10/05 Scotts Valley (CA) at Monte Vista Christian (Watsonville, CA), 7:30pm- Winner is in a good spot for the 3rd place and playoff berth. Taking SV in a tight one 24-23

Fri 10/05 North Salinas (Salinas, CA) at Soledad (CA), 7:30pm -Like Gilroy, Soledad has really dropped off. NS 24-6

Fri 10/05 Carmel (CA) at Watsonville (CA), 7:30pm – MVC played Carmel very close last week, look for Carmel to try and come out quickly and put the gas on early. Padres 54-14

Fri 10/05 Stevenson (Pebble Beach, CA) at Harbor (Santa Cruz, CA), 7:00pm- Can you say 3 in a row? I can! RLS continues to win while Harbor Continues to struggle. RLS 35-14

Fri 10/05 Gonzales (CA) vs Marina (CA) at Monterey Peninsula College (Monterey, CA), 6:00pm – 6 of the teams in this division are close, Gonzales is not, they are better. Gonzo continues the march towards the postseason 24-7

Sat 10/06 Pajaro Valley (Watsonville, CA) vs Greenfield (CA) at Cabrillo College (Aptos, CA), 7:30pm- Taking PV at home (close enough), 35-34
SLV without the headsets lmao

I agree CAL 14, huge disparity between the top 3 teams. I thought Christopher would at least keep it close for a little while.

The Gabilan is the only division that might have a close finish. I don't see anybody challenging Carmel, Monterey or Gonzales in the other 3 divisions.

The only real surprise last night was MVC beating up Scott's Valley. I thought it would be a much closer game.

Here are the rest of the PCAL scores. Only 2 close games, PG/SF game was a little closer than score indicated. Props to North Salinas, down by 20 at half to comeback and win.

Football
Friday, October 5, 2018
Gonzales at 44 Final
Marina 0
@ Monterey Peninsula College

King City at 0
Monterey 38 Final

Scotts Valley at 6
Monte Vista Christian 36 Final

North Salinas at 28 Final
Soledad 27

Pacific Grove at 27
St. Francis S.C.P. 56 Final
@ Santa Cruz HS

Palma at 35 Final
Seaside 0

Gilroy at 0
Hollister 39 Final
@ Rabobank Stadium

Carmel at 47 Final
Watsonville 7

Salinas at 40 Final
Christopher 3

Stevenson at 20 Final
Harbor 0

Aptos at 48 Final
Everett Alvarez 14

I agree CAL 14, huge disparity between the top 3 teams. I thought Christopher would at least keep it close for a little while.

The Gabilan is the only division that might have a close finish. I don't see anybody challenging Carmel, Monterey or Gonzales in the other 3 divisions.

The only real surprise last night was MVC beating up Scott's Valley. I thought it would be a much closer game.

Here are the rest of the PCAL scores. Only 2 close games, PG/SF game was a little closer than score indicated. Props to North Salinas, down by 20 at half to comeback and win.

Football
Friday, October 5, 2018
Gonzales at 44 Final
Marina 0
@ Monterey Peninsula College

King City at 0
Monterey 38 Final

Scotts Valley at 6
Monte Vista Christian 36 Final

North Salinas at 28 Final
Soledad 27

Pacific Grove at 27
St. Francis S.C.P. 56 Final
@ Santa Cruz HS

Palma at 35 Final
Seaside 0

Gilroy at 0
Hollister 39 Final
@ Rabobank Stadium

Carmel at 47 Final
Watsonville 7

Salinas at 40 Final
Christopher 3

Stevenson at 20 Final
Harbor 0

Aptos at 48 Final
Everett Alvarez 14

I think we will see some better parity in the Mission, Cypress, and Santa Lucia leagues moving forward. Setting up the divisions involved Some guess work as they merged the MBL and MTAL, but moving forward as teams move up and down based on merit the leagues should become much more balanced. It would also help a lot if they cut the Gabilan down to 6 schools, but that’s probably just wishful thinking at this point.

This looks a bit like the PAL to the north, 18 teams with lots of imbalance and teams enduring bad seasons. The total collapse of Aragon has been a big disappointment, to point out the painfully obvious. So have a number of others.

This looks a bit like the PAL to the north, 18 teams with lots of imbalance and teams enduring bad seasons. The total collapse of Aragon has been a big disappointment, to point out the painfully obvious. So have a number of others.

I would say it’s more like the SCVAL. That league has been completely dominated by the foursome of Milpitas, Los Gatos, Palo Alto, and Wilcox for, what? 20 years? The PCAL also appears that it will dominated for the foreseeable future by Salinas, Palma, Hollister, and (while Blankenship is there) Aptos.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT