ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the SJS Winners!

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Just for fun, I'll take a shot at predicting the SJS title games:

1: Woodcreek 55-52 over Sheldon (could go either way, fer sure...)
2: Whitney 65-59 over Beyer
3: Capitol Christian 73-57 over Vista Del Lago
4: Central Catholic 67-61 over West Campus
5: Elliot Christian 76-62 over Argonaut

That D2 final should be a good one. First time for both schools to be in the finals. Jashon Lewis for Whitney has been pretty impressive, so will be interesting to see what Beyer does to contain him.

Whitney is developing into a very nice program. Overall I like the picks as well. Although I think Vista game will be close. They have a lot of size. Huge team. Lots of guys between 6"5-6"8. Big win over Vanden. Don't sleep on this team.

Woodcreek by 6
Whitney by 2
VDL by 2
Central Cath by 4
Elliot Christian by 12

That D2 final should be a good one. First time for both schools to be in the finals. Jashon Lewis for Whitney has been pretty impressive, so will be interesting to see what Beyer does to contain him.

Beyer playing well the last couple of years but this is Whitney's to lose. Good to see them make it this far - I know it's usually been Antelope coming out of that league as champs and advancing to Section finals. Haven't seen Lewis in person but heard lots of positives - looking forward to the games!

Beyer playing well the last couple of years but this is Whitney's to lose. Good to see them make it this far - I know it's usually been Antelope coming out of that league as champs and advancing to Section finals. Haven't seen Lewis in person but heard lots of positives - looking forward to the games!

Ya he's a good one, Whitney shoots the ball pretty well, which always helps open things up. They don't have any bigs really, but doesn't look like Beyer really does either. Hoping for an uptempo shoot out...

I would agree with all of these picks but have VDL staying closer to Capital. Rematch from last year's playoffs

I love me some Jordan Brown but I think Sheldon will beat them. Coach Joey for some reason gets no respect and this will be his 6th championship game in 8 years so he knows how to coach a little. Key to the game will be the others on Woodcreek and if Sheldon can get Jordan in foul trouble Sheldon should win easy.

Reactions: Fentons Cream
Jordan Brown will get the Lebron treatment. You know the refs won't put him in foul trouble unless they have no choice.
Rollins gets no credit because he consistently gets some great players and run few offensive sets. He allows his guys to freelance and the basketball purists don't like it. Regardless of how people define what a good coach is, it is undeniable that his teams, every year, play as hard as anyone. That, in my opinion, is a habit/expectation/culture created by the coach. While I personally do not believe that he is elite, it is undeniable that he is very good.

Reactions: Fentons Cream
I actually don't think Brown will get any different treatment. If anything I've seen elite kids like him end up in foul trouble in some of these games. Especially on offensive boards like reaching over the back and tipping it to himself which he likes to do. Hope that doesn't happen because I want my monies worth.

If Woodcreek handles the pressure I like there chances. If they turn it over and play sloppy the edge goes to Sheldon. Somebody like Cagle is going to have to play really well for Woodcreek. Needs a 15 and 8 type game. You are going to get 25 and 15 from brown. Chalk it up.

Woodcreek 67
Sheldon 65

Whitney 63
Beyer 58

Vista 70
CC 68
My upset pick. Vista has a lot of size and beat CC last year. They won't be intimidated.

I don't know enough about the d4 and d5 teams to comment.

I actually don't think Brown will get any different treatment. If anything I've seen elite kids like him end up in foul trouble in some of these games. Especially on offensive boards like reaching over the back and tipping it to himself which he likes to do. Hope that doesn't happen because I want my monies worth.

If Woodcreek handles the pressure I like there chances. If they turn it over and play sloppy the edge goes to Sheldon. Somebody like Cagle is going to have to play really well for Woodcreek. Needs a 15 and 8 type game. You are going to get 25 and 15 from brown. Chalk it up.

Woodcreek 67
Sheldon 65

Whitney 63
Beyer 58

Vista 70
CC 68
My upset pick. Vista has a lot of size and beat CC last year. They won't be intimidated.

I don't know enough about the d4 and d5 teams to comment.
I have Sheldon over Woodcreek. Brown will need one of his 25&25 specials to win this one. Sheldon's guards are terrific and will press the issue. Toss up in d2. If you remember I was heavy on Vista in fall! But After the Father Kelly Tribute I was cussing them out. Now they are hot! Huge win on wed. Capital gets payback in a tight one. Going with West Campus over Central C in a tight one. Now in D5 I believe Elliott Christian will win huge. Also I have them making it to at least the Norcal Championship game. They are really good and underrated, they shoot the lights out and really compete. Their Coach is fiery and gets after them, and they respond. They played very well in the Jesuit Tournament and the St Hope Classic. I like them.

Congrats to whitney for really cruising through to the D2 title game and absolutely dominating a good Beyer team. Whitney should go in expecting a #1 seed in Norcal at 27-4 with a very good resume. Great program that coach French runs.

I have Sheldon over Woodcreek. Brown will need one of his 25&25 specials to win this one. Sheldon's guards are terrific and will press the issue. Toss up in d2. If you remember I was heavy on Vista in fall! But After the Father Kelly Tribute I was cussing them out. Now they are hot! Huge win on wed. Capital gets payback in a tight one. Going with West Campus over Central C in a tight one. Now in D5 I believe Elliott Christian will win huge. Also I have them making it to at least the Norcal Championship game. They are really good and underrated, they shoot the lights out and really compete. Their Coach is fiery and gets after them, and they respond. They played very well in the Jesuit Tournament and the St Hope Classic. I like them.

If woodcreek doesn't handle the pressure and sheldons guards it will be tough for them tonight. I don't think Brown will have a problem posting big numbers. He has all year and I don't see tonight any different. But Cagle, Roberts, and Hughes all need big games as well.
I know what you mean about Vista. At times this year they have been disappointing especially returning virtually all there team off last years 21 win season. But good news is they got to where they need to be. Should be a great game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT