ADVERTISEMENT

Priory beats Pinewood 65-48

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Big win for Priory to end up as WBAL co-champions with Pinewood.

Ugreat Daniels had a double-double of 14 points and 11 rebounds. Adelaide Chan and Vienn Sheng also scored in double figures.

Reactions: TheHillZ
I was there. Incredible game. Alex Facelo left early with what looked like an ankle sprain. Huge blow to Pinewood but I’m not sure she would have changed the end result. Priory came to play. Ugreat dominated in the paint and on the glass. Chan the point guard played calm and collected and also hit some big threes. Sheng has limitless range and despite being face guarded the entire game still hit some big threes. Crazy turnaround for a team that lost to Pinewood at home by 30+ just weeks ago.

Reactions: TheHillZ
Holy smokes. Kudos to Priory. Thought they were capable of this earlier this season.

Should add a bit of intrigue to the CCS seeding meeting tomorrow.

Yes, Hillz called it early. I wouldn’t have paid much attention to Priory otherwise. Hillz broke the news of their transfers and had other great insight before anyone else did.

As they say, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.

Watched some of the game. It was good to see Priory putting its talented pieces together. They got contributions from everywhere. And almost all of their contributors are back next year.

In Pinewood's defense, I think the loss of Alex Facelo had a big impact. She's their leading scorer (odds on favorite for WBAL player of the year) and she had been on an absolute tear. She went down at a key point in the first half just when the momentum was swinging to Priory, and Pinewood never recovered. For their sake, I hope she's back soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT