ADVERTISEMENT

PROLIFIC PREP LAST HOME GAME SATURDAY (MARCH 4TH)

ProlificPrepTV

Sports Fanatic
Oct 20, 2014
2017-season-flyerFREE.jpg

Prolific Prep has its final home game of the season this Saturday, March 4th, at 6pm at Napa Valley College. That night will be FREE ADMISSION FOR ALL STUDENTS AND KIDS. Afterward, PP will be heading into the Tanager Sports National Championship March 10th as the #1 seed. Please come support the boys on their last home stand before they make their National Championship run in Arizona.

Furthermore, do not forget about our Saturday, BREAKFAST CLUB Training sessions, that same Saturday, 10:30-12pm at Grace Church of Napa. This is for all ages. To confirm attendance, email info@prolificprep.org or text (707) 849-1212

Calivscanada.JPG

Looking ahead, on March 18th, it will be "CALI VS CANADA" at Capital Christian HS. Prolific Prep will be taking on #1 Team in Canada, Athletes Institute at 7pm. There will be a ton of talent on the floor for this game! The game will be on the off-day, in between the first round games of the NCAA Tournament being held close by in Sacramento.

For some reason, I'm reminded of lyrics from Chicago... "does anybody really care"? The crowd looks like a JV game in the PAL.

PP would probably get a few more if they paid more attention to local high-school schedules and tried to avoid conflicts. I went up there for one game this season, but there is not any way I would skip a HS playoff game, big HS holiday tournaments, etc. to watch these guys run the floor. I realize that not *all* of the info for HS games isn't easily available early enough for PP to work around it, but a whole lot of it is etched in stone long before PP schedules go up.

For example, that game v. Canada's top team... No way I'm skipping the NorCals for that... I'd really like to see PP play Canada, but not on *that* day... Couldn't you guys have scheduled it during the following week or something? Motels, flights, etc. for families and teams would have likely been a heckuva lot cheaper, too.

That was one of many on PP's home sched that lost out to HS games for these eyeballs this year...

I realize that you can't *always* avoid schedule conflicts (especially with the Warriors playing 8 zillion games a year), but this idea should certainly be considered.

The vast majority of the "student athletes" (LMAO) have no local ties and I couldn't care less what happens to this team. As I have stated before, Justin Siena is letting themselves be used by this program.

Kiddman32

Everything depends on gym availability and when teams can travel to the area. We fully agree with you but logistics are never easy. The games must go on......

We have filled up Napa Valley College numerous times this year. However, without an alumni fan base, it will always be up and down. That will come in due time of course. But there will always be a lot of entertainment in NorCal, unlike Kentucky or Ohio where we play in front of sold-out 6k person arenas.

The vast majority of the "student athletes" (LMAO) have no local ties and I couldn't care less what happens to this team. As I have stated before, Justin Siena is letting themselves be used by this program.

I don't discount the level of players that play at PP. There is some real talent out there. But I just can't get behind this program and it doesn't really appeal to me and honestly from the lack of traction it gets on this board and small crowds they draw it doesn't seem to appeal to that many people either. Reminds me of a hybrid between the old And1 tour and the globetrotters. Entertaining sure, but most of us have a passion for HS basketball. Going to watch games like Dublin vs DLS that you can feel the tension in the room. I don't see that happening at PP. It is what it is....

As for Justin Siena one could only hope they are at least getting paid for tuition and fees.

One of our games last month at Napa Valley College (see below Video). Not bad for not having any Alumni. Next year will get better with the talent coming in each year. It's hard to comment, unless you have been to a game and watched the guys live.

One of our games last month at Napa Valley College (see below Video). Not bad for not having any Alumni. Next year will get better with the talent coming in each year. It's hard to comment, unless you have been to a game and watched the guys live.

Cheerleaders??? Band? Basic components you would expect to find at a game? Can't tell from the video.

In all fairness, I have not been to a game, so take my comment for what it's worth. I will go to a game next year. If it's a good time, I'll post as much, if its sh!t, I'll post as much.

Do you grown men go to high school basketball games to be around cheerleaders and teenagers, or do you go to watch basketball? By the sound of these comments it's seems like you guys just miss being in high school. That's cool I guess.

In my mind I don't really consider Prolific Prep to be high school basketball. To me they are more like a major college program as they recruit internationally. Additionally, they play teams that I have never heard of or have any affinity towards. I am an old purist whose high school basketball ideal is more along the lines of Hoosiers than PP.

That being said - by all appearances it sounds like PP is a first-class organization that successfully prepares their kids for major college basketball and they are the best or one of the best at what they do!

This is a bit off topic but why doesn't PP schedule the Oak Hills, Findlays, Montverdes and La Lumeires of the world?

They do.

They played La Lumiere 2 of the last 3 years.

Oak Hill, Montverde, and Findlay - Nike (so in first 3 years have backed out of
games in Hoop Hall, Marshall County Hoop Fest, and Flyin to the Hoop) because
Prolific Prep is Adidas.

They will possibly see 2 of them next year in the loaded Chick a Filet Tourney in South Carolina
which includes:

IMG (FL)
Oak Hill (VA)
Prolific Prep (CA)
Huntington Prep (WV)
Findlay Prep (NV)
The Rock (Fl)
Providence Day (NC)
Westtown (PA)

Link: http://chick-fil-aclassic.com/

I know the Chick-fil-a Classic is a loaded tourney... But I don't see where you get that list of teams. Nothing about the 2017 tourney at all, as a matter of fact.

Meanwhile... ducking out of tournaments due to the fact someone else in that tournament wears some other brand of footwear... *THAT* is truly lame, no matter who is doing the backing-out....

Reactions: Crusaders70
That is correct. We play at the same events as Findlay, Oak Hill, etc, however, they will not play us. The tourney organizers try every year, however, they are directed not to play us because of Shoe Affiliation. Go Figure.

With that said, the only thing we can do is compare common opponents. Oak Hill played Aspire Academy and was tied going into the 4th quarter (Oak Hill eventually won by 13). Prolific Prep beat Aspire Academy by over 64 points (even without ESPN Top 25 Paul Scruggs).

IMG (#1 Maxpreps rated team in Country) beat Victory Rock Prep (FL) by 7 points. Three nights later, Prolific Prep had a 55 point lead with 5 minutes remaining against the same Victory Rock Prep (With top 25 Paul Scruggs in the line-up).

To see us live, come out to Sacramento, March 18th to watch Prolific Prep play the #1 rated team from Canada (Athlete's Institute). There will be a lot of talent on the floor that night.

Calivscanada.JPG

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT