ADVERTISEMENT

Prolific Prep players that signed today

ProlificPrepTV

Sports Fanatic
Oct 20, 2014
PPSchools.jpg

Above is a list of schools that Prolific Prep (current and former) has had come through their program the past few years. Impressive list. Below are 5 kids that played for PP the past few seasons that signed today. All 5 players signed with programs that had top 10 recruiting classes this year. Congrats to them all.

Gary Trent Jr - Duke
Paul Scruggs - Xavier
Abu Kigab - Oregon
Mamadou Diarra - Washington
Ira Lee - Arizona

Would all of the players listed above have been able to sign at those schools had they played elsewhere?

Would all of the players listed above have been able to sign at those schools had they played elsewhere?
Well since Trent and Scruggs have been there about 2 weeks and Ira Lee was there for a month obviously PP has been instrumental in their development and signings.

Reactions: Crusaders70
So they are basically recruiters of talent and then take credit that they don't really deserve. I think I understand

Down right shameful they posted this. Just play your games, give the athlete/students a safe place to play and learn, but don't take credit that sets you up for this type of criticism.

Reactions: wrall1127
And I was called the "hater" when these guys originally started tooting their horns. ha ha ha. I just sort of chuckle when I see this stuff now. Amazing what grown men will do.

Reactions: Crusaders70
So funny....and pathetic....

LOVE how people who are not college coaches or recruiters, and probably never have been or will be (unless Sean Miller or Coach K are trolling the NorCal boards), are jealous and frustrated at the only sports entity (across ALL sports) in California able to attract that level of talent.

The student-athletes must just be sitting around watching ESPN all day. No Basketball Development or Athletic Training could possibly be occurring...Their grades must be terrible...The colleges clearly hate them because they punish the athletes for coming to the Napa Valley...What a nightmare for those young men....

So funny....and pathetic....

LOVE how people who are not college coaches or recruiters, and probably never have been or will be (unless Sean Miller or Coach K are trolling the NorCal boards), are jealous and frustrated at the only sports entity (across ALL sports) in California able to attract that level of talent.

The student-athletes must just be sitting around watching ESPN all day. No Basketball Development or Athletic Training could possibly be occurring...Their grades must be terrible...The colleges clearly hate them because they punish the athletes for coming to the Napa Valley...What a nightmare for those young men....

I think it's disingenuous for PP to state "Below are 5 kids that played for PP the past few seasons that signed today" when both Trent and Scruggs hadn't played a single game for PP prior to November 5th. Ira Lee (now at Crossroads School) had a cup of coffee while passing through Napa unless I am mistaken. Anyone know Mamadou Diarra's stats / tenure at PP?

Obviously PP is doing something right in recruiting all this top-end talent but it's not like they are taking in marginal talent, developing them over a course of years then spitting out McDonald's All American players.

I think it's disingenuous for PP to state "Below are 5 kids that played for PP the past few seasons that signed today" when both Trent and Scruggs hadn't played a single game for PP prior to November 5th. Ira Lee (now at Crossroads School) had a cup of coffee while passing through Napa unless I am mistaken. Anyone know Mamadou Diarra's stats / tenure at PP?

Obviously PP is doing something right in recruiting all this top-end talent but it's not like they are taking in marginal talent, developing them over a course of years then spitting out McDonald's All American players.
Far from a hater I will give credit where it's due. From all appearances PP is very organized well run organization for the academy scene. But it's embarrassing for PP to claim the success of kids who haven't played there or were there for a cup of coffee. Even if a player comes in as a frosh or soph they are already an elite prospect who is on the recruiting radar. If a player spends a significant amount of time at PP can they be developed and improve? Of course

Reactions: SF_Mikey
I don't see how Prolific Prep is good for high school basketball. Case in point, a kid of Marin Catholic just transferred there, basically leaving his HS teammates just before their season is about to start. Or is it even a transfer? There isn't even an actual school, it's just basically a basketball travel squad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT