ADVERTISEMENT

Proud Papa

That’s so awesome!!! Congrats! How big is he now? And how CP looking this year ?

Congrats Bubba3k
Remember when you first started posting Bubba 2.0 was just a freshman or sophomore at Cal Hi.
We know there’s a lot of work by him to get to that point now but we also know there’s a ton of sacrifice by his parents to help him get to there also.
Great team work. You all got plenty of reasons to be proud. Great job

Go Mustangs...!!

That’s so awesome!!! Congrats! How big is he now? And how CP looking this year ?

He’s 6’4” 280. Our defense should definitely be better this year and there’s a three man battle for the starting QB job. We have a good offensive line but it lacks depth. Probably only 6 or 7 linemen that we consider game ready. At running back we are losing all american fullback Joe Protheroe. However, I think we may actually have a better running game since we won’t be so predictable on third and short. Look for SRV alum JJ Koski to continue to be the man when we throw the ball and I’m looking for a big year out of SRV alum Carter Nichols at safety.

Reactions: mshNASTY and MC415
He’s 6’4” 280......However, I think we may actually have a better running game since we won’t be so predictable on third and short.
Now that is a big kid! A few more burgers and he'll tip 300. Are they still running the option or will they open it up?

Now that is a big kid! A few more burgers and he'll tip 300. Are they still running the option or will they open it up?

I guess "big" is relative depending on the system. Since being there his weight has ranged between 260-270 and I suspect after fall camp he will likely weigh around 275. He looks like a big defensive end with hardly any gut. Yes CP is still running the triple option, so they are running the ball around 85% of the time.

Junior trying to be a big fish in a small pond

That's great! So nice to get that kind of recognition, and at the college level too! How does he like attending and playing for Cal Poly? I wasn't on the board when he was going through the recruiting process so I didn't see all that he was considering but it sounds like he ended up in a great spot.

That's great! So nice to get that kind of recognition, and at the college level too! How does he like attending and playing for Cal Poly? I wasn't on the board when he was going through the recruiting process so I didn't see all that he was considering but it sounds like he ended up in a great spot.

He loves it there and what's not to like about the Central Coast. He admits that football there isn't considered that big of a deal on campus. He had offers from Cal Poly, New Mexico, Reno, Hawaii, UNLV, Weber State, Sac State and Montana. He only took two official visits at UNLV and CP. No regrets.

He loves it there and what's not to like about the Central Coast. He admits that football there isn't considered that big of a deal on campus. He had offers from Cal Poly, New Mexico, Reno, Hawaii, UNLV, Weber State, Sac State and Montana. He only took two official visits at UNLV and CP. No regrets.
We know a lot of kids who are attending Cal Poly and it's such a great school in such a gorgeous part of the state. Good choice for sure. Congrats again.

We know a lot of kids who are attending Cal Poly and it's such a great school in such a gorgeous part of the state. Good choice for sure. Congrats again.

For some reason HS counselors seemed to put a lot of priority on the Cal State or UC schools. When we started our school research for in state schools a decade ago Cal Poly was an incredible discovery and quickly moved up to the top 10 choices for academics and location. It seemed back then one of California’s best kept academic secrets.
Many of concrete jr’s HS classmates have since graduated from Cal Poly and are doing very well in the day to day Big People world.
Am a big fan ....

His degree will take him the furthest, his football brothers will be there down the road to help when needed, sounds like a great experience.

The funnel of talent drips ever so slowly. If he ever gets paid to play is when parents realize that it’s no longer OUR dream! The bucket list has many a box and keep in mind the degree box predicates almost all that follows. Enjoy the season.

The list evolves; as it should.

Reactions: concrete17
Thanks for the streaming link!

I have to add to all of those who say Cal Poly is a great school and a great value. My son is starting his Junior year. He very much appreciates the school and we love visiting him there. Plus, it's a UC education at a CSU price.

Quick Cal Poly football question: How is Trey Nahhas doing? He was one of our top running backs all-time out of Monterey Trail, but he hurt his knee (twice, I think) while working out at C.P. and that has set him back. Any chance of him seeing extended time this season?

Thanks for the streaming link!

I have to add to all of those who say Cal Poly is a great school and a great value. My son is starting his Junior year. He very much appreciates the school and we love visiting him there. Plus, it's a UC education at a CSU price.

Quick Cal Poly football question: How is Trey Nahhas doing? He was one of our top running backs all-time out of Monterey Trail, but he hurt his knee (twice, I think) while working out at C.P. and that has set him back. Any chance of him seeing extended time this season?

To answer your question regarding Trey I know his dad Kevin and Trey is one of Tyler's roommates. Trey is recovering from a setback with his knee and they are being very careful bringing him back. I think he's available this week if we need him, but I'm hearing it's more likely we will see Trey in action in games two, three and beyond. If you're familiar with the triple option the fullback takes a severe beating, getting hit on every single play. Thank God we have three of four quality fullbacks because we may need that many to get through the season. It drives home what a total stud Joe Protheroe was only getting spelled four or five plays per game. Trey is a stud and I expect big things from him this year.

Thanks for the info. MT runs a version of the Triple Option, the Split Back Veer. I think it's one of the reasons Cal Poly recruited Nahhas. He was a beast for MT his senior year. 2,599 yards in 13 games. He dished out as much punishment as he took. He was also an excellent student at MT and is an all around decent human being. Definitely hoping he can get his on-field career back on track.

Reactions: MC415
Thanks for the info. MT runs a version of the Triple Option, the Split Back Veer. I think it's one of the reasons Cal Poly recruited Nahhas. He was a beast for MT his senior year. 2,599 yards in 13 games. He dished out as much punishment as he took. He was also an excellent student at MT and is an all around decent human being. Definitely hoping he can get his on-field career back on track.

Trey is a quality dude and if you haven't seen him in person since high school I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'd hate to have to tackle him!

Reactions: MC415
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT