ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Evaluation/Workout for Girls on Saturday October 10 at Slam in Hayward

hoop review

Sports Fanatic
Jun 14, 2006
Recruiting Evaluation/Workout on Saturday October 10

workout/evaluation program:

-drills/competition/recruiting evaluation

-post-session write-up by Court Vision will be sent to colleges/universities at all levels in addition to web sites: prep hoops, nor cal preps, california preps

-write up will also be sent to each player attending. comprehensive analysis for each participant

-$60 per player... limited to 48 players total.

*limited to 12 players per session on each court in accordance with alameda county health department guidelines* (limited slots which will fill fast!)

-11AM to 1PM (2 courts) on Saturday October 10.

session schedule:
30 minutes individual skill work drills
30 minutes 3 on 3 and 4 on 4
30 minutes individual skill work drills
30 minutes 5 on 5

5-10 minutes recruiting process presentation at the end.
-academic/clearinghouse requirements
-what schools looks for
-how to market yourself

-open to classes of 2021, 2022, 2023

at the new Slam Academy, 3532 Arden Road, Hayward, CA 94545

- for more information email: courtvisionaccess1@gmail.com or gerryfreitas@hotmail.com

-to sign up email: alison_apps7@hotmail.com

Last edited:
these are like those paid services...subscribe and we'll send out emails to all the college coaches...when in reality, coaches want to see players. If coaches were in attendance, different story. In the fall there was one at Woodside and I heard that there were a bunch of D2, 3, NAIA coaches in attendance..only cost 50 bucks. Much better investment. Why waste time with skill work, just get to the meat and potatoes and play...

From my experience, this will be a well ran event and exposure during this time is key. Whether it is worth it for each player is up to them and their circle of people, but I think there is value for some players here.

Reactions: GBBall4L
Apparently, this business venture has gotten all of the necessary health and safety approvals from Alameda County and the city of Hayward. Or has it?

Is this going to follow the guidelines from the county? Makes no sense to attend one of these if it does not. Gotta think about slowing the spread of COVID-19.

Reactions: GBBall4L
What has those events been like?

I had a friend who's daughter went to one of these and I joined him. It was a a well ran event, and there were quite a few D2, 3, JC coaches in attendance. It was a non-d1 expsosure camp. Only knock on it was a lot of stupid skill work for the first 45 minuets. Just let the kids warm up and play so coaches can properly evaluate. But good number of kids..was supposed to be for junior and seniors...were a few 8th grader and underclassmen in attendance.

My take is at least this dude is trying to get some girls who flew under the radar exposure. I'm all for it..

Have you been to one where there was functional skill work? They should shoot, handle, make moves, finish.. then PLAY -1-1,2-2,3-3,4-4,5-5! The coaches will see who has skill and can play in that amount of time!

Reactions: CW Golden Eagles
Have you been to one where there was functional skill work? They should shoot, handle, make moves, finish.. then PLAY -1-1,2-2,3-3,4-4,5-5! The coaches will see who has skill and can play in that amount of time!

Probably all of the ones that I've personally been to have had functional work. Coaches should be able to see how good these kids are by regular layups and shooting...it doesn't take long to know who belongs and who doesn't. That said, the 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5v5 build up is MUCH better use of time than skill work for both players and coaches

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT