ADVERTISEMENT

Riordan-Lynbroook LiveStream Tonight @ 7pm

Riordan 67 University 52 Final. I believe that was the final score...University played the Crusaders tough throughout. Good to see Max Freid back for the Red Devils. Riordan stretched the lead to 20 late night in 4th when Curtin emptied the bench. After watching Branson, Stuart Hall and Branson, I give the nod to Branson. D4 will be great games between University and The Hall.

Reactions: CityVibesII
Riordan concludes non-league hosting Lynbrook next Friday night. Bryce Monroe most likely will sit out once again if he’s not 100%. They will then have a 12 day layoff until they open WCAL play @ home vs St. Francis Jan 2nd.
Current WCAL Team’s Records/SOS are:
Riordan 6-3. 15.8
Bellarmine 5-0 2.2
VC. 4-0. -6.1
Serra 4-1 6.7
SF 4-1 5.9
SHC 4-2 13.4
Mitty 3-3. 17.9
SI 2-4. 11.5

Last edited:
Reactions: SHgradSIdad
Am I missing something? You keep saying University and Stuart Hall are D4. Maxpreps has them both in D5 and Branson in D4.

Am I missing something? You keep saying University and Stuart Hall are D4. Maxpreps has them both in D5 and Branson in D4.
You are correct. Branson is now D4 (up from D5 last year). Stuart Hall is now D5 (down from D4 last year) along with University.

Scratching my head on why they scheduled Lynbrook. Could be they already played in 2 non-league tourneys (Crusader Classic and Gridley Tourney) where more challenging teams are playing in Holiday tourneys this week and next...Not like the Crusaders had a weak non-league as they have the 2nd best WCAL SOS.

Maybe since the WCAL can be so unpredictable, and their tough early preseason schedule, they needed a couple gimmes to ensure an above .500 record to make CCS. A couples years ago they had one league win and still made CCS div 4 and advanced to the championship game.

Reactions: Scott2138
Riordan 108 Lynbrook 28 Final (running clock with subs in the 2nd half)

Next game for the Crusaders is a home game WCAL opener vs St. Francis Jan 2nd.
Merry Christmas!

Sacred Heart vs Christopher- 76-48
Valley Christian vs Christopher-73-46
Serra vs Burlingame-56-12
Bellarmine vs Lincoln-77-32
Bellarmine vs Sequoia -69-23
St.Francis vs Milpitas 75-49
Riordan vs Lynbrook 108-28
Everyone has had some lopsided games.

Reactions: jordan24
Despite the very lopsided score, Riordan’s team is beginning to trust each other and play like a team. Hopefully, they are ready for the season.
Merry Christmas!

Reactions: jordan24
It will be interesting to see if the chemistry works against WCAL opponents. Again, Riordan may have too much talent on the perimeter. I guess too much is better than not enough. Best Riordan individual talent in at least 10 years. Whats the word on South Bay WCAL teams this year?

It will be interesting to see if the chemistry works against WCAL opponents. Again, Riordan may have too much talent on the perimeter. I guess too much is better than not enough. Best Riordan individual talent in at least 10 years. Whats the word on South Bay WCAL teams this year?

Perhaps the vast Tournament experience of several of the players and one players willingness to support those who want to play like a Team will provide a winning combination. Time will tell!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT