Jesuit DB Isaiah Rutherford has the following Top 7:

Alabama
Cal
Colorado
LSU
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Oregon

Seems like Rutherford is a make or break type recruit for Cal's class. They are doing better at recruiting the region, but still need to land the top players. Have family connections here and going up against some national heavyweights.

I am not a fan of this practice of releasing a list of top schools. As a recruit, you would narrow down your list as part of the decision process, but I have no idea why you would pick a random time and publish that list. These comments are aimed at all kids who are doing this 'list' thing, not this one player.

1. You are not a (real) celebrity. While social media is part of the recruiting process, Twitter and other platforms where the kid can 'count his followers', can make the kid feel like a celebrity - and thus the need to dole out information to his followers. Who really cares about your narrowed list? It means nothing to the college coaches. Tell your parents. Tell your high school coach. Tell the colleges that are on your list so that they will continue to hold a spot. Tell the colleges that are dropped from your list so that they can shift to recruiting someone else. But stop announcing it to the Twittersphere so that random fans will hit you with 'please come here'.

2. College recruiters don't care about this type of grandstanding bs. Communicate with them 1:1. It shows character. You are not announcing the cure for cancer. Be into the relationships. That is what matters. The college coaches that are recruiting you want to know that you to WANT to be there. They want loyalty. They want you to buy-in. They want you to understand the reasons that you should attend their school and to make that choice. And stick by it.

3. Middle-tier prospects want in on the attention and do the same things. Soon every kid will have a list - regardless of whether that school is recruiting them or now. Stop it. We already have kids announcing they are receiving 'offers' for a PWO spot, or from schools that don't offer scholarships.

4. Adding notes like 'Respect my Decision' or 'No Interviews' just makes you seem like a real douche. You might be one of 10 kids that a college program is recruiting at your position. Is the media calling for an interview? Is that really a problem that you need to address up front?

5. I know you are tempted, but do not fall for the trap. Do not make this worse by devolving your top 10 list into a top 10 list followed by a top 5 list, followed by a top 3 . . .

6. Your teammates at your new college all went thru the same recruiting process. Most handled it differently than you and most did not produce a list. You are getting ready to start this new chapter, and you will be starting fresh. Why start on the footing where you are needlessly calling attention to yourself?

7. You are a teenager. Yes, some of you are more mature than others. But you have no idea how dumb you actually are. You will only come to realize how little you know as a teenager when a) you have the requisite life experience, and/or b) have to deal with teenagers as an adult.

Good luck. And let me know if USC or Oregon is on your list.

I will take the counter to this (partially):

When it comes to the top prospects, I think it can help streamline the communication process when people ask (and a lot of people ask). And I think colleges like the information (offers, visits) out there. It's basically free advertising.

The announcing of offers and unveiling lists has gone too far, but in certain cases, there is a method to the madness.

Reactions: 13 others
Ya’ll think colleges want/need that “advertising”? Means nuthin to them or their recruiting process, and postin top 7 won’t keep peeps from askin if they already do cuz there is no method, so call it like it is...dooshie self promotion!

Just look at Twitter and see the comments below the tweets announcing either a (real) offer, or the player announcing his reduced list. This practice does not streamline communication. It just creates fans pleading for players to come play at their school.

I have yet to talk to a recruiter that likes this practice. I think they much prefer announcements like the Oak Ridge and Placer players that announced they are attending UNR.

Ya’ll think colleges want/need that “advertising”? Means nuthin to them or their recruiting process, and postin top 7 won’t keep peeps from askin if they already do cuz there is no method, so call it like it is...dooshie self promotion!

This is the sort of self promotion that has always irked me. Based on how difficult it is to get offers, I have no problem with guys tweeting their offers and commitments but to assume we are waiting with baited breath to learn their top whatever is a bit much

Reactions: RidgeRider

I think schools like seeing their brand on social media in front of prospective student athletes and prospective students. It grows their brand thus it is a good thing.

In the end, 247/Rivals/ESPN are the biggest benefactors of the twitter press releases. 2nd are the colleges who now know where to prioritize their resources. The kiids are getting their name out there a ton, and wether we like it or not, it's free publicity for them. Let em enjoy it. As soon the recruits sign, the action will be gone and they will be starting over again from the bottom. Only chance these recruits will get back in this kind of limelight is if their play on the field warrants it. Us older school are slow to realize this, but twitter is an integral part of the process now. I for one am excited to get to know these dudes thru their twitter so that when they end up playing on Saturdays someday it'll make the fan experience that much better.

Ya’ll nuts, if my job ($$) relies on recruiting da best, aint gonna put stock in a tweet of a recruits top 7 choices, already will know ‘bout it and schools up against, and got no care about “growing brand” just gettin a commit

Reactions: feedback1
Branding is such a deep topic. You guys are treating it far too simply. I don't want to spend a lot of time breaking it down. But the idea that all publicity is good publicity and grows the brand is very wrong.

Streak - you protect your brand by limiting the conversation on this board. You care about your product and brand. I doubt that you would consider any social media mention of NCP to be good for your brand. I think you can imagine examples of social media posts that would be detrimental to your brand.

Just assume that some people consider these type of posts to be narcissistic. Why would a college (brand) want to be associated? How does it help one brand to be lumped in with 6 other schools (brands) in a marginal social media post?

The idea of 'free publicity' and 'get your name out there' become fallacy very quickly when you consider the topic at more than the surface level. Self-promotion on social media is NOT publicity. Publicity is what others are saying about you. When you 'get your name out there' by posting a self-congratulatory message, it makes the recruit look bad. Recruiters look for character (ok, most do, a few do not). And one way they look for character is to research a players social media. Bad social media has cost many kids.

But turn this around and look from the kids' perspective. How does it help the kid's brand to post what some consider to be marginal content? It doesn't.

Reactions: DelValleTrojan
Branding is such a deep topic. You guys are treating it far too simply. I don't want to spend a lot of time breaking it down. But the idea that all publicity is good publicity and grows the brand is very wrong.

Streak - you protect your brand by limiting the conversation on this board. You care about your product and brand. I doubt that you would consider any social media mention of NCP to be good for your brand. I think you can imagine examples of social media posts that would be detrimental to your brand.

Just assume that some people consider these type of posts to be narcissistic. Why would a college (brand) want to be associated? How does it help one brand to be lumped in with 6 other schools (brands) in a marginal social media post?

The idea of 'free publicity' and 'get your name out there' become fallacy very quickly when you consider the topic at more than the surface level. Self-promotion on social media is NOT publicity. Publicity is what others are saying about you. When you 'get your name out there' by posting a self-congratulatory message, it makes the recruit look bad. Recruiters look for character (ok, most do, a few do not). And one way they look for character is to research a players social media. Bad social media has cost many kids.

But turn this around and look from the kids' perspective. How does it help the kid's brand to post what some consider to be marginal content? It doesn't.

You are wise beyond your years man.. This man flat out gets it. Very insightful and well written stuff here. Might not be what people want to hear but there is a ton of truth here

I would have agreed until I recently learned a ton about the processs. I am no fan of twitter heroics. But Twitter is the quickest and simplest way to to relay information. I know for a fact that recruiters are all over it and are using it to their advantage. Yes, there's a fine line between Twitter heroics and pure functionality. But when an under recruited athlete such as Giles Jackson gets his first big time offer, it's safe to assume that anything less than a self congratulatory tweet would be irresponsible for his recruitment unless he was content with that one and only offer. Since that first offer he has exploded. Pretty certain word spreads far faster through Twitter than just word of mouth. What else should he have done? Keep it to himself? If there are other data bases out there, the kids don't know about them or the process on how information is shared.

As for " top 7" announcements, all the media outlets are all over these dudes about what their top school list is. It's media worthy. I am a fan and I want to know, so the media (247/rivals etc all want to be first to report it. By publishing a top 7 the kid is generating interest as well as informing programs where is interests lay.

What I can't stand, are the hat pickers. I often wonder if these dudes know for certain where they want to go but they wait until some grand moment late in the process to make the call. Often locking up spots for other recruits who are next up on the list. Just my opinions. Recruiting process is intriguing to me

I don't know about this one athlete, but I can comment in a broader sense.

Your assumption that social media buzz played a role in his offers exploding has a kernel of truth. First, there is no social network that is more effective than college football coaches. The communication is very strong. Coaches build their network of coaches - it is just part of the profession - and that fosters easy communication. Part of the communication is thru social media for sure. But I would NOT say that social media drives it. If you eliminated social media, the communication would still happen, but maybe not as efficiently.

When a school offers a guy, the other schools in the same recruiting area hear about it. They pay attention to it. They seek that information out. If they have not evaluated that player, they immediately evaluate that player. This is probably the main reason that you see a guy 'explode'. If there is a guy on the bubble - meaning several teams are considering offering him, but no one has pulled the trigger - often that first offer quickly becomes several.

There is a herd mentality to recruiting. By that I mean that when schools see a kid getting offers, they tend to jump on the bandwagon to 'get in the mix'. (In those cases, the evaluation can happen after the offer). These schools don't want to lose a kid because they are behind the other schools. One offer for a kid who can play often turns into several just by osmosis.

So what could a player do when he has no offers (or in this case one offer)?
1. My advice for non-self-promotion on his social media stands.
2. Be patient. Hard to do, but let the process work. Colleges don't want to miss. I would only suggest this to a kid who has a good offer.
3. He could talk to his coaches - who can contact other schools and be sure the player is being evaluated.
4. He can make responsible social media posts such as 'thanks to school x for the offer'. Or 'thanks to coach x for hosting me at your camp this weekend. I loved the school and campus and could see myself as a (insert mascot name). '
5. He can attend camps at the schools he is interested in. Schools like to offer guys at their camps. They appreciate that the player is interested in their school and took the time to attend their camp.
6. He can contact either the area recruiter or position coach at the school(s) he is interested in. Especially if the hs coach is not really assisting.
7. He can have a trusted coach evaluate his highlight video. Kids and coaches have wildly different ideas of what a coach would want to see on a highlight video. The first 3-4 minutes of the hightlight have to grab the attention. I have seen lots of highlight tapes that I want to turn off quickly. (For example, the blind-side blow-up shot is one that I hate to see - with the player standing over the kid who just got blasted).
8. He can get his grades up. Better grades = more opportunity.
9. He can talk to his coach about ways that he can improve. For example, work harder within his team and in the weight room, become a better leader. This is subtle, but coaches want their guys to get out. Help him help you.

I disagree that the media is requesting 'top 7' lists. That is purely the kid proactively taking it on himself. But even if they get the request, they can (and should) decline.

Reactions: HereWeGo2019
I don't think these kids care what those that don't like what they're doing think.

Let them have their moment in the sun. It's nowhere near a big deal or something to get into a twist about.

I don't think these kids care what those that don't like what they're doing think.

Let them have their moment in the sun. It's nowhere near a big deal or something to get into a twist about.

That is the opinion of a casual observer/fan. I am trying to provide the perspective of a recruiter. And 'they' take a players social media seriously. Every post indicates character. When their job depends on discriminating between small details in choosing the right player for the program, you better believe that a post that shows that a player might be a 'me guy' matters.

Reactions: Bubba3000
What gets coaches/recruiters fired are multiples of players recruited on scholarship that never crack the starting lineup. It's not so much the guys you don't get because all programs experience that. It's the one's you get that don't pan out.

Reactions: Renegade4Life
I don't know about this one athlete, but I can comment in a broader sense.

Your assumption that social media buzz played a role in his offers exploding has a kernel of truth. First, there is no social network that is more effective than college football coaches. The communication is very strong. Coaches build their network of coaches - it is just part of the profession - and that fosters easy communication. Part of the communication is thru social media for sure. But I would NOT say that social media drives it. If you eliminated social media, the communication would still happen, but maybe not as efficiently.

When a school offers a guy, the other schools in the same recruiting area hear about it. They pay attention to it. They seek that information out. If they have not evaluated that player, they immediately evaluate that player. This is probably the main reason that you see a guy 'explode'. If there is a guy on the bubble - meaning several teams are considering offering him, but no one has pulled the trigger - often that first offer quickly becomes several.

There is a herd mentality to recruiting. By that I mean that when schools see a kid getting offers, they tend to jump on the bandwagon to 'get in the mix'. (In those cases, the evaluation can happen after the offer). These schools don't want to lose a kid because they are behind the other schools. One offer for a kid who can play often turns into several just by osmosis.

So what could a player do when he has no offers (or in this case one offer)?
1. My advice for non-self-promotion on his social media stands.
2. Be patient. Hard to do, but let the process work. Colleges don't want to miss. I would only suggest this to a kid who has a good offer.
3. He could talk to his coaches - who can contact other schools and be sure the player is being evaluated.
4. He can make responsible social media posts such as 'thanks to school x for the offer'. Or 'thanks to coach x for hosting me at your camp this weekend. I loved the school and campus and could see myself as a (insert mascot name). '
5. He can attend camps at the schools he is interested in. Schools like to offer guys at their camps. They appreciate that the player is interested in their school and took the time to attend their camp.
6. He can contact either the area recruiter or position coach at the school(s) he is interested in. Especially if the hs coach is not really assisting.
7. He can have a trusted coach evaluate his highlight video. Kids and coaches have wildly different ideas of what a coach would want to see on a highlight video. The first 3-4 minutes of the hightlight have to grab the attention. I have seen lots of highlight tapes that I want to turn off quickly. (For example, the blind-side blow-up shot is one that I hate to see - with the player standing over the kid who just got blasted).
8. He can get his grades up. Better grades = more opportunity.
9. He can talk to his coach about ways that he can improve. For example, work harder within his team and in the weight room, become a better leader. This is subtle, but coaches want their guys to get out. Help him help you.

I disagree that the media is requesting 'top 7' lists. That is purely the kid proactively taking it on himself. But even if they get the request, they can (and should) decline.

My kids have long passed the whole recruitment thing (thank goodness), but I still enjoy HS football as (IMHO) the best football. Although I am positive I don't personally know him, I enjoy feedback's post and insight. He could be a keyboard cowboy making it all up, but my instinct tells me that he knows what he is talking about. That said, I would offer the following comments and be interested in any feedback.

* Being patient...could you qualify a bit? We did our best to "play it cool" but when you have great grades, are recognized as a leader at your position on team, conference and regional level, stay off of social media and see peers and competitors posting the aforementioned tweets about multiple offers, it's tough for a kid to keep the "they'll find me" mentality. You touched on it a bit with talking to his coach (unless theirs evidence that the coach isn't actively helping), attending camps (damn near impossible for a 3 sport athlete, more on this later), and contacting schools / position coaches at schools he is interested in. I would have previously said that pursuing coaches at schools he interested in is NOT being patient. Almost like giving the coach the incentive to not recruit them aggressively because they know the kids WANT to go there for education and they might get the benefit of having them there as a walk on WITHOUT spending a scholarship. It just seems tough to tell a kid to sit back and stay calm when they have done all they can otherwise (grades, character, work ethic, attitude and performance on the field) but aren't getting the interest while others, who fall short in the categories listed above but jump off the page in the height, weight or 40 time categories.
*It would be great if every kid could get their highlight film reviewed. I feel like we learned a lot and got some good advice, but still saw kids getting more ground despite their videos with the inappropriate music, horrible quality and examples of poor sportsmanship front and center on their videos. With minimal faith in the HSHC, what would be your next suggestion to look for as film "evaluators"?
* In hindsight, camps seem invaluable. It appeared that no amount of film or transcripts could override the credence gained by some physical face time with a coach. Makes perfect sense that a coach would have stronger feelings (and assume greater risk) based on personal interaction versus social media or film impressions. The down side of that is the multi-sport athlete's schedule. With the window between the end of baseball / track season being very small to begin with, coupled with the summer schedule for football (and just about every other sport now), the time and expense of a camp seemed to be counter productive at the time. Are there criteria you would suggest for a kid to select a camp for maximum recruiting benefit?

Looking forward to any feedback. Suffice to say, I left the process feeling a little jaded and sarcastic. Soon after I would have responded to the question, "Any advice on recruiting?" I would have said, "SURE! Find a way to make yourself 6'4" >250lbs, find a broken stop watch that has you at a sub 4.2 40 time and if at all possible, find someone to forge an offer from Bama or ND!! :(

Same as real life, you can adopt one of two ways to view the world. One is to view the world according to you - or to make judgments by 'the way it should be.'. Reality is secondary to feelings. We all know these people. The other way is view the world thru the eyes of others. Try to understand the perspective of the other people that you interact with.

I mention this because I see many recruits and their parents looking at the recruiting process only thru the view of the recruit. I guess that is reasonable, but the process will seem foreign and non-comprehensible when viewed in this light. To get a better understanding, the recruit should try to understand the perspective of the recruiter and the school.

The first thing to understand as a recruit is how your value is determined. What I mean by that is that a recruit should understand how a recruiter determines their worthiness of a scholarship. Most kids (and parents) make the assumption that their own evaluation is about equivalent to the recruiters (the idea of a universal truth for evaluations). Most kids wildly over- inflate some criteria and completely miss other (important) criteria. For example, stats and awards are often completely over-valued by the kid - and grades, coach's input and character are often completely under-valued. Scholarships are often viewed by kids and parents as being deserved for high school accomplishments. They do not understand that a scholarship is meant to be a prediction of a player's ability to compete in college. So getting aligned with the reality of how you are judged can bring a lot of perspective. Especially when making decisions.

So when I talk about patience, I am suggesting that the recruit should first ask 'am i being evaluated'? And to be fair, the kid may have NO IDEA if he is/has been evaluated by certain schools. In general, ask your head coach. Many kids may see a recruiter or two stop by practice during spring. But if you are not at a school with known D1 talent, you might not see them. In general, here is how it goes. "Hello Coach, this is Coach X from Univ of ABC. Do you have anyone that can play at U of ABC? Great, can you send me the contact list?" The recruiter gets the list and it typically is sorted with the top players at the top. The recruiter then looks at the first few min of the Hudl highlights of the TOP kids on the list. If the recruiter is a D2/D3/NAIA school, then he might skip the known D1 kids. So the Evaluation is over and the kid had no interaction with anyone.

At the same time, the recruiter is also very likely to ask the high school coach if there are other kids in the area that he should be evaluating. The coach then pulls up the Hudl highlights for those kids and checks them out. That is the way evaluations happen.

If the player does not think they are NOT being evaluated AND/OR not being evaluated by the right schools, then see my suggestion of a) talking to your coach, b) attending camps, c) contacting recruiters, etc.

Contacting the position coach or the recruiting coordinator at a school that you are interested in shows initiative. I can't imagine that any recruiter would see this as a negative. Regardless of how involved your coach is in your recruiting, I think this is a good idea.

There are some schools that will try to get kids 'cheap'. Meaning they will offer a partial when they might be willing to offer more under different circumstances. It is done by schools that split scholarships. This is a complex issue. The school may feel the parents are ready and willing to pay, so the scholarship is not 'needed'. The recruiter may feel the kid would be willing to come as a PWO. But it happens. The kid's alternative is to NOT accept the partial. If he is willing to go the JC route, that will quickly tell the kid how bad the school wants him. .

But here is the bottom line. Kids 'control' their grades, their attitude, their effort, their willingness to lead, etc. They can do everything within their ability, and they can get athletic awards and recognition. Yet, IT MAY STILL NOT BE ENOUGH to earn a scholarship. Sometimes all the kid can do is to accept the result with dignity and class - and take the best next step they can possibly take. But in the meantime, they can also intelligently work to maximize their odds of earning a scholarship.

One other word on the camps. My advise, attend the camps where you can play (see above). So go the Cal Poly or Sac State camp instead of the USC or Oregon camps. If you are a Pac-12 guy, then go the Pac-12 camps. Just be realistic with yourself. Coaches like to see you live and in-person. They tend to offer kids from their camps. Performing well at a Pac-12 camp does not matter if you not viewed as being able to compete at that level. And it will hurt you if you skipped a camp for a better suited school.

The highlight videos are most poorly put together. Just a few tips (from my perspective as a mostly offensive coach):
1. Blind-side blow-up shots do not belong. Cheap shots reflect on character.
2. If you are an offensive skill player, include blocking highlights.
3. QB's it is OK to include well-thrown passes regardless of the result. Do not include long balls that are thrown like a jump ball. This reflects on your receiver more than you. Show your ability to go thru a progression, make good decisions and to throw accurately (on-time).
4. Do not include multiple clips against an over-matched opponent. Include one and move on.
5. If you directly went against any D1 opponents, try to include some highlights vs this player - even if it is not a clear win. If the recruiter can see that you can complete vs. a high quality D1 player, that is a good thing. .
6. WR's it is OK to include well-run routes where you were not thrown the ball. If you turned a DB around on a good break, it is good include.
7. Do no clip the highlights. Show the whole play.
8. OL it is better to include a single drive block than a double team. Include good pass block and run blocks 1:1. Highlight your feet and your ability to play with your knees bent. It is a given that you are strong. Recruiters want to see you move. A good pull on Power or Outside Zone/Sweep is good to include.
9. Include hustle plays. I love seeing clips of a kid chasing down a player from across the field. Motor is highly valued.
10. Exclude plays where you in appropriately dance or taunt after the play.
11. RB's - do not include runs where you have poor ball security.
12. Include NFL films music or nothing at all. Don't let your poor taste and your immaturity distract the person who is looking at your highlights.

Reactions: awood1
The only team sponsored camp my son attended and we paid for(only $40)if memory serves me correctly was for Oregon State. They never actually offered but since he only had Mountain West and FCS offers, we figured a good low end Pac12 might be his best chance of getting a Power 5 offer. Cal also kicked the tires but never offered. My son was luckier than many in that he was able to take advantage of free Rivals and NFTC camps that stopped being free or open to the public without an invite right after he graduated.

Last edited:
The highlight videos are most poorly put together. Just a few tips (from my perspective as a mostly offensive coach):
3. QB's it is OK to include well-thrown passes regardless of the result. Do not include long balls that are thrown like a jump ball. This reflects on your receiver more than you. Show your ability to go thru a progression, make good decisions and to throw accurately (on-time).
4. Do not include multiple clips against an over-matched opponent. Include one and move on.
5. If you directly went against any D1 opponents, try to include some highlights vs this player - even if it is not a clear win. If the recruiter can see that you can complete vs. a high quality D1 player, that is a good thing. .
6. WR's it is OK to include well-run routes where you were not thrown the ball. If you turned a DB around on a good break, it is good include.
8. OL it is better to include a single drive block than a double team. Include good pass block and run blocks 1:1. Highlight your feet and your ability to play with your knees bent. It is a given that you are strong. Recruiters want to see you move. A good pull on Power or Outside Zone/Sweep is good to include.
9. Include hustle plays. I love seeing clips of a kid chasing down a player from across the field. Motor is highly valued.
12. Include NFL films music or nothing at all. Don't let your poor taste and your immaturity distract the person who is looking at your highlights.

All excellent suggestions Feedback. I think the single most important thing when it comes to highlight reels is you will impress scouts more with your play against quality opponents, even if you don't totally dominate those players. Like you said, willingness and the desire to compete are huge in the mind of recruiters because you will get your ass kicked at the next level if you're soft. Being the father of a "big ugly" you here the term knee bend when folks discuss the athleticism of an offensive lineman.

As a father / fan, assembling the film was a blast in itself! Our eldest was a MLB and LS that played a lot of special teams as a sophomore. We had several "pkgs" of highlights with pass & run coverage, long snapping, special teams and the longest and funnest one (that I don't think we actually sent to anyone) was called "hustle" that included some big hits on special teams, a few tackles made without a helmet, and a punt coverage that he whiffed on the PR after the catch, but kept hustling to punch the ball loose as he caught him from behind just as he was about to score! HAHA
In hindsight I think we probably whiffed on the camp side of things as he could have made it to Sac St or Cal Poly if he had made it a priority but the load of summer practices and the year round grind of a 3 sport athlete with school made it difficult to justify and our ignorance left us underestimating the benefit.
I think we were pretty realistic, realizing that he wasn't big even as a HS player, tons of heart and hustle, but not going to scare anyone on a D1 field. Eventually took a partial at a D2 school, fit well and played well.

As a father / fan, assembling the film was a blast in itself! Our eldest was a MLB and LS that played a lot of special teams as a sophomore. We had several "pkgs" of highlights with pass & run coverage, long snapping, special teams and the longest and funnest one (that I don't think we actually sent to anyone) was called "hustle" that included some big hits on special teams, a few tackles made without a helmet, and a punt coverage that he whiffed on the PR after the catch, but kept hustling to punch the ball loose as he caught him from behind just as he was about to score! HAHA
In hindsight I think we probably whiffed on the camp side of things as he could have made it to Sac St or Cal Poly if he had made it a priority but the load of summer practices and the year round grind of a 3 sport athlete with school made it difficult to justify and our ignorance left us underestimating the benefit.
I think we were pretty realistic, realizing that he wasn't big even as a HS player, tons of heart and hustle, but not going to scare anyone on a D1 field. Eventually took a partial at a D2 school, fit well and played well.

Isn’t hudl great? I never participated in the hudl highlight process, junior always did that, but I watch my sons practices daily on hudl. Back in my day the film we had to watch was either 8mm or Super 8 of the previous weeks game. We would watch it on one of the players family room walls on a Thursday night before our Friday afternoon game and we were lucky if we could see anything!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT