ADVERTISEMENT

Sacramento Bee Football Awards

These teams have gotten comically large. There are 23 "All Purpose" players on the first offense and the honorable mentions are just as bad with 12 HM QBs.

Taking nothing away from the "of the Year" award winners, all are very worthy to be recognized, but The Bee really needs to reign in the size of the All Metro team. I think that they are so worried about the backlash they will receive for not including someone that the team has lost much of its meaning that it used to have.

These teams have gotten comically large. There are 23 "All Purpose" players on the first offense and the honorable mentions are just as bad with 12 HM QBs.

Taking nothing away from the "of the Year" award winners, all are very worthy to be recognized, but The Bee really needs to reign in the size of the All Metro team. I think that they are so worried about the backlash they will receive for not including someone that the team has lost much of its meaning that it used to have.
They are just trying to compete with the size of the All WCAL squads.

A lot of these teams have gotten too big. I do like how they break down the different player of the years. Provides a nice snapshot of the area while not just focusing on the top few teams.

"All Purpose" has lost its meaning as well. It used to mean a player that played both sides of the ball, or multiple positions, or was a great player that contributed on special teams as well. Now it simply means another position player not as good as the first teamer.

Nailed it

its the era of “everyone gets a trophy”, and these awards are no different.

so to recap: You’ve got the “Player of the Year”, who ONLY plays offense, but shouldn’t be confused with the “Offensive Player of the Year”, who may, or may not, be a better player than the “Large School Player of the Year” (another offensive player), even though BOTH the POY and the Offensive POY also play for a Large schools. Did I get that right? 🤣. And after all of this, you’ve got a totally different kid named “1st Team QB“, even though theres already 2 or 3 other QBs clearly better than him who’ve already received higher awards. Shew….

These have gotten so lame and watered down. They really don't mean anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT