ADVERTISEMENT

San Diego Union-Trib Article About Folsom - No Punches pulled

"Carroll said that after the game Folsom coach Kris Richardson explained he was trying to break records." sums it up. Class vs no class.

Reactions: RidgeRider
I mean we have heard this complaint about Folsom for a long time now.Leaving their starters in,running up the score it’s old news by now

I mean we have heard this complaint about Folsom for a long time now.Leaving their starters in,running up the score it’s old news by now

Against Monterey Trail, when they were clearly starting to pull away in the second half, they executed an on-sides kick. I've seen them substitute a little more this year than in the past, but they still look to light up the scoreboard.

One of the things that really got me in 2014 was a quote from the Folsom coach that went unchallenged in the Sac Bee. "We did things the right way."

"Owens hinted that he and other coaches in San Diego have banded together to help Cathedral Catholic in its quest to beat Folsom."

I don’t think there is any ‘new news’, but I do find it rather telling that you’ve got out of Section coaches, including a highly respected coach like a John Carroll, making these statements on the record.

We sure have a lot of Folsom haters on this board. Chris Richardson is a great coach and appears to be a good person. Folsom has had it's starters out by halftime of 90% of it's games this year. It's a state championship game..I don't blame them for playing hard the whole game since they rarely get to. And I sincerly doubt that Richardson said they were trying to break records. What records? Sour grapes

We sure have a lot of Folsom haters on this board. Chris Richardson is a great coach and appears to be a good person. Folsom has had it's starters out by halftime of 90% of it's games this year. It's a state championship game..I don't blame them for playing hard the whole game since they rarely get to. And I sincerly doubt that Richardson said they were trying to break records. What records? Sour grapes

So the Oceanside coach is a liar?

I don’t think there is any ‘new news’, but I do find it rather telling that you’ve got out of Section coaches, including a highly respected coach like a John Carroll, making these statements on the record.
I agree with you on that it is unusual but Folsom has been accused of being sleazy for a while now

What records? Are you new to California high school football?

Copied from similar post, same topic....

Anyone that saw that game has to have some sort of impression and bias. What I saw (and have confirmed via. video review) was that on the last offensive series, Oceanside had 8 in the box and were hitting Jake every time whether he had the ball or not. So Folsom runs a little dump screen to our 3rd string RB (a 5'6" 190lb Sr who had a total of 14 catches all season) out of the backfield and he goes the distance in a foot race.
Then Folsom kicks off with about a minute to go and Oceanside rolls out their starting offense and is trying to throw deep. I KNOW Folsom didn't have their defensive starters in because my son was playing behind Jonah Williams (now at Bama) and Cody Creason (now at Arizona) and was actually on the field for the last series. So the starting QB (who scored on their 1st series) is scrambling as time runs out, gets sacked and drops the ball....LB scoops and scores with 0 time left on the clock.
So within the last minute of the game, predicated by their insistence on loading the box and late hitting the QB, the spread went from 48 to 61 pts. in the blink of an eye. The ONLY points Folsom scored in the 4th were those 13 in the last minute. Had they not gone after Jake, Folsom would have ran on 4 downs and the clock would have run out...just like they did most games that season.
Revisionist history is dangerous because everyone is dependent on the people present to offer the REAL version of what went on. I'm 100% positive that neither of our recollections is 100% accurate BUT I know for a fact that Folsom was not running their starters against their 2nd string O.

In 2014 Folsom beat Nevada Union 63-7. It was one of their games that was a running clock. Which by the way...was all of their games that season.

Browning played all game.

Why am I not upset? Because Folsom held the ball in the second half and didn't run any play until the play clock (referee) was down to the last second. Their back up QB could have done that. But no big deal. They were just trying to get on the road...as everyone was.

Quit whining about Folsom. They are going to win this weekend. It won't be close. And anyone that cares about Folsom doesn't care what anyone on a message board thinks of them.

So you are Calling someone a "Troll" Because they posted a True statement about Folsom vs. DLS?.... On the Field, Folsom has been Out Scored 108-38 by DLS in 3 games and most Recently scored 0 against DLS and lost by 2 TD....

Just because Folsom can only beat lower level teams on the filed and hasn't even come close to beating DLS doesn't mean another poster is a "Troll"...

You Folsom Fans are too much... Your Team beats everybody "On Paper", But on the field, they just run up the score on a bunch of lower level over-matched teams...

The SDS hasn't received the memo yet. Cathedral better emulate what MD and SJB are doing. Otherwise bowdown!!!! Hahahaha

So you are Calling someone a "Troll" Because they posted a True statement about Folsom vs. DLS?.... On the Field, Folsom has been Out Scored 108-38 by DLS in 3 games and most Recently scored 0 against DLS and lost by 2 TD....

Just because Folsom can only beat lower level teams on the filed and hasn't even come close to beating DLS doesn't mean another poster is a "Troll"...

You Folsom Fans are too much... Your Team beats everybody "On Paper", But on the field, they just run up the score on a bunch of lower level over-matched teams...
And you’re a dam* a-ho*e!

DLS was lucky in that last game and were outgained in yardage besides had huge plays called back or cheated out of the first score. Bennett also blew that game. DLS got lucky with the win, just pull your head out of your a***.

My friend, anger is clouding your vision. You can't seam to give Folsom, which incidentally is a public school that plays in consistantly the best league in Nor Cal, any credit for developing a great program with great results. The NCS and CCS have teams that lost in the playoffs in state bowl games but that doesn't seem to irritate you. I hope your not upset when NorCal wins this weeekend

Copied from similar post, same topic....

Anyone that saw that game has to have some sort of impression and bias. What I saw (and have confirmed via. video review) was that on the last offensive series, Oceanside had 8 in the box and were hitting Jake every time whether he had the ball or not. So Folsom runs a little dump screen to our 3rd string RB (a 5'6" 190lb Sr who had a total of 14 catches all season) out of the backfield and he goes the distance in a foot race.
Then Folsom kicks off with about a minute to go and Oceanside rolls out their starting offense and is trying to throw deep. I KNOW Folsom didn't have their defensive starters in because my son was playing behind Jonah Williams (now at Bama) and Cody Creason (now at Arizona) and was actually on the field for the last series. So the starting QB (who scored on their 1st series) is scrambling as time runs out, gets sacked and drops the ball....LB scoops and scores with 0 time left on the clock.
So within the last minute of the game, predicated by their insistence on loading the box and late hitting the QB, the spread went from 48 to 61 pts. in the blink of an eye. The ONLY points Folsom scored in the 4th were those 13 in the last minute. Had they not gone after Jake, Folsom would have ran on 4 downs and the clock would have run out...just like they did most games that season.
Revisionist history is dangerous because everyone is dependent on the people present to offer the REAL version of what went on. I'm 100% positive that neither of our recollections is 100% accurate BUT I know for a fact that Folsom was not running their starters against their 2nd string O.

Oceanside did an all-out blitz at the end because Folsom wouldn't stop throwing.

You also left out the part where the LB who scooped up the ball for a score was a starter... in a 50+ point game.

In 2014 Folsom beat Nevada Union 63-7. It was one of their games that was a running clock. Which by the way...was all of their games that season.

Browning played all game.

Why am I not upset? Because Folsom held the ball in the second half and didn't run any play until the play clock (referee) was down to the last second. Their back up QB could have done that. But no big deal. They were just trying to get on the road...as everyone was.

Quit whining about Folsom. They are going to win this weekend. It won't be close. And anyone that cares about Folsom doesn't care what anyone on a message board thinks of them.

Wow... people are coming out of the woodwork! Great to see you back, LnP!

As for Folsom, my main issue with them is that they try to claim that what they do with their starters late in games isn't unusual. In 2014, I was in the stands and this Folsom fan tried to claim that it was only the 4th time all year that Browning had played in the 4th quarter. I said "This is my second Folsom game and he played deep into the 4th in both."

Folsom fan: "Oh, then this must be the 5th."

Folsom people don't think that we know what they do. But, we do know.

Wow... people are coming out of the woodwork! Great to see you back, LnP!

As for Folsom, my main issue with them is that they try to claim that what they do with their starters late in games isn't unusual. In 2014, I was in the stands and this Folsom fan tried to claim that it was only the 4th time all year that Browning had played in the 4th quarter. I said "This is my second Folsom game and he played deep into the 4th in both."

Of course, you only went to the games against a stronger team! I bet you didn’t watch all of the games they pulled the starters, so you can’t say shit either!

Of course, you only went to the games against a stronger team! I bet you didn’t watch all of the games they pulled the starters, so you can’t say shit either!

Stronger teams? I went to the games against Cathedral Catholic and Oceanside. Two complete demolitions.

Folsom fans are so delusional.

Reactions: sarpar
Yeah, if you thought they would be, why in hell would you go? Nobody knew they would, I didn’t know.

I called raffidog a TROLL because he is one. And his post was simply that...trolling.

“Troll - one who posts a deliberately provocative message with the intent to cause disruption and
argument.”

As for you, including me in your You Folsom Fans” take, feel free to educate yourself. I’m not a Folsom fan.

Sure I’ll stand up for Folsom to some of the anti-Folsom trolls like raffi, but I’ll just as quickly shut down a few Folsom idiots on this board like Commish, etc. I’m equal opportunity for calling out the morons who disrupt the board. Hell, I started this thread and didn’t once stand up for Folsom in this case.

But Yeah, raffi is the definition of a troll. They rarely provide anything worth while to the board. Disagree?

Folsom is going to boat race Oceanside. Forgive me, I meant Cathedral Catholic. Which by the way the Folsom's fans do not fear whatsoever. However, their pre-season schedule will consist of teams in which they do fear! ;)

Folsom is going to boat race Oceanside. Forgive me, I meant Cathedral Catholic. Which by the way the Folsom's fans do not fear whatsoever. However, their pre-season schedule will consist of teams in which they do fear! ;)

Defensively, this Cathedral Catholic team is better than that Oceanside team. On offense, they're probably at a similar level... maybe slightly better.

Folsom is going to win, but I don't think it's going to be 55-10.

Helix did not have a problem with Folsom. Perhaps we may see teams from the SDS schedule against Folsom or St. John Bosco Mater Dei or Mission Viejo?

I called raffidog a TROLL because he is one. And his post was simply that...trolling.

“Troll - one who posts a deliberately provocative message with the intent to cause disruption and
argument.”

As for you, including me in your You Folsom Fans” take, feel free to educate yourself. I’m not a Folsom fan.

Sure I’ll stand up for Folsom to some of the anti-Folsom trolls like raffi, but I’ll just as quickly shut down a few Folsom idiots on this board like Commish, etc. I’m equal opportunity for calling out the morons who disrupt the board. Hell, I started this thread and didn’t once stand up for Folsom in this case.

But Yeah, raffi is the definition of a troll. They rarely provide anything worth while to the board. Disagree?

I am going to say I agree with you... There is now way I should be Including you as a "Folsom Fan"...

I don't know if anyone is a Troll or not, But I re-read some posts where I responded to you and you are 100% correct, other posts I have made in response to you should have actually been in response to others...

I apologize for any inaccurate misinterpretations of your posts I made in that respect... I Respect and Appreciate your Insightful Contributions to this board... :)

I called raffidog a TROLL because he is one.

You gotta develop a quick trigger like I have, my friend. When any new-ish handle pops up on the board acting like a blowhard right out of the gate or is an obvious troll, it's immediate ignore time for me. I don't think the individual you mention lasted 2-3 replies before I realized it was a waste of time and bandwidth.

I saw them do something similar against Rocklin in 2014. It was actually a close game in the 1st half. But late in the game, when Folsom was up 42-21, they punched in 2 more TD's -- the last one with not much time remaining where they could have taken a knee -- to win 56-21.

As for John Carroll, I remember him saying something to Troy Taylor immediately after the game because the TV cameras caught it. You could tell Carroll was not amused. If Richardson really said what was reported, that's pretty suspect. And I'd also agree that it's not showing respect to the opponent.

Reactions: jimmyzr1
Folsom reminds me of the Houston run-and-shoot teams with Andre Ware and David Klinger back in the early 90's. They'd absolutely boatrace lesser competition but always come up short vs the elite teams.

Last edited:
I am a folsom fan and if this is true, which i also read the article earlier, it would be discouraging...but that poster who said his son played maybe right. I amnot sure how to handle this other than to say opponent respecr is critical...im not a dls supporter but they do things well in that regards.

Now the tribune writer also gave a prediction and despite the higher national ranking, the reference to all folsom's talent, their national ranking of 7 (maxpreps comp. I believe), he says cc is going to win. Not to discount cc but i notice that while SD teams and writers recognize the greatness of folsom, these writers continue to pick their SD team to win.

They picked helix last year and probably (theory) picked Oceanside in 2014. And with who folsom is this year, cc would have to turn into dls ...so i think this writer is bias and its frustrating

Now the tribune writer also gave a prediction and despite the higher national ranking, the reference to all folsom's talent, their national ranking of 7 (maxpreps comp. I believe), he says cc is going to win. Not to discount cc but i notice that while SD teams and writers recognize the greatness of folsom, these writers continue to pick their SD team to win.

They picked helix last year and probably (theory) picked Oceanside in 2014. And with who folsom is this year, cc would have to turn into dls ...so i think this writer is bias and its frustrating

You’re ‘frustrated’ that a local prep sports writer picked his paper’s local team to win? What do you expect? Unlike national writers, these local prep writers rely on their local coaches for their livelihood. Their stories can’t really carry much negativity towards a coach or program, or they will quickly make a bunch of enemies and find themselves lacking reliable sources for futures stories.

So of course he’s gonna pick the local team as often as possible to show support for his region, and for the local coach who he’ll need for more stories next year.

Last edited:
You’re ‘frustrated’ that a local prep sports writer picked his paper’s local team to win? What do you expect? Unlike national writers, these local prep writers rely on their local coaches for their livelihood. Their stories can’t really carry much negativity towards a coach or program, or they will quickly make a bunch of enemies and find themselves lacking reliable sources for futures stories.

So of course he’s gonna pick the local team as often as possible to show support for his region, and for the local coach who he’ll need for more stories next year.
I totally support the idea of them picking their local team and i admire that..i guess frustrating is wrong way to look at it...i am just thinking of objectivity ...but i will agree i would want my local writer to do same..

Reactions: concrete17
"Carroll said that after the game Folsom coach Kris Richardson explained he was trying to break records." sums it up. Class vs no class.
Lets break some more records - highest score in high school football - 1926 Kansas Haven 265 Sylvia 0. OK, maybe you can't shut out CC but at least try to beat the 265 point win spread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT