ADVERTISEMENT

San Jose State commit, more college visits and NCS returns top QBs

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
In a new board feature, I will collect news stories, opinions, etc about the happenings in the football world and have it all in one place. Feel free to add stories I miss or join in the discussion.

Marin Catholic 2020 defensive tackle Jamar Sekona visited Nebraska this past weekend.

Stellar Prep 2020 safety Elijah Lawson has committed to San Jose State. Here are his junior highlights

Oak Ridge 2020 lineman Nicholas Scalise has taken recent visits to Nevada and Cal Poly

Darren Sabedra had a good look at recruiting today and the vanishing sleeper prospect.

As I start to go over team notes from last year in putting together the 2019 preseason rankings, quarterback play will be strong in the NCS with returning players like Jay Butterfield (Liberty), Jackson Pavitt (Cardinal Newman), Dorian Hale (De La Salle), Grant Harper (Campolindo), Gaven Cooke (Marin Catholic) to name a few.

Will be interesting to see how well Pavitt (Newman) does without 2 college level wide outs graduating off last years team. I really like this kid and think he could open up some eyes this summer.
Surprised that Stanford hasn't offered Butterfield yet. Kid has superstar written all over him.
Should be a fun season.

Reactions: northbayfb
Stanford may not take a QB in 2020 so that has slowed down their receuiting at that position

Will be interesting to see how well Pavitt (Newman) does without 2 college level wide outs graduating off last years team. I really like this kid and think he could open up some eyes this summer.
Surprised that Stanford hasn't offered Butterfield yet. Kid has superstar written all over him.
Should be a fun season.
Is'nt the ex Corona Centennial QB Tanner Mkgee coming back from his Mormon mission later this year? If so, he is most likely their future star QB.

Reactions: THEOC89
Interesting Patrick ended up at linebacker. I saw him as a big red zone target for that offense or a safety.

He’s listed as a 6’4”, 210-pound nickel DB on the WSU roster. He played in three games last year, so he got to keep his redshirt under the new rule. Very good player. I think he’ll make an impact in the defensive backfield at that size.

I haven’t seen a note about a Cal Poly offer but he definitely could

Cal Poly offers aren't always made public and often come later than other offers due to academic requirements. Sort of a poor man's Stanford in that respect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT