ADVERTISEMENT

San Ramon v Cardinal Newman

TheHillZ

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2018
Good crowd on hand at Dublin high. Game was tied at 21 after two Avery Knapp bombs. CN then nailed three straight threes to lead by nine. San Ramon is having a hard time keeping Newman off the glass and they need Sophia Bowes to get untracked.

Good crowd on hand at Dublin high. Game was tied at 21 after two Avery Knapp bombs. CN then nailed three straight threes to lead by nine. San Ramon is having a hard time keeping Newman off the glass and they need Sophia Bowes to get untracked.
Halftime 32-23 Cardinal Newman

Great run by SRV to cut the newman lead to 37-36. Capped off by a Tara Chen three pointer (she has 9) 3.42 left in the 3q

CN still ahead 43-38. 1.30 to play in third. Kate Schatt with a big three. SRV doing a great job double teaming Quierroz in the post, but leaving shooters open.

Bowes just rolled an ankle and is sitting

End Q3. CN 46 SRV 42. Schatt kept Newman ahead. I think Quierroz was scoreless that quarter. Bowes is back for San Ramon.

Tara Chen with a scoop to give SRV the lead 48-46 with under five to go

Quierroz reasserting herself, scores four straight. Three consecutive turnovers for SRV

54-50. Newman with 2.10 left

Two buckets from Janelle pena. Two for Sophia Bowes. 58-55 Newman with less than a minute.

Huge putback by Quierroz and then a made free throw. Cream rising to the top. 61-55 Newman 13.5 secs left

Not only is Queiroz very talented physically, she is a very smart player. She makes the right decisions almost all the team, and is a willing passer.

Clearly she is not a product of the American high school/club system. She plays basketball, not hero ball -- and most American girls with her talent would play a completely different game.

If she can stay in front of wings at the P4 level, she's going to be a very good college player.

When CN went 4 mins to start the 4th and didn't score to go from a 5 pt lead to a 4 pt deficit I thought they were dead in the water. Credit SRV with totally bringing it...what a fun game.

When CN went 4 mins to start the 4th and didn't score to go from a 5 pt lead to a 4 pt deficit I thought they were dead in the water. Credit SRV with totally bringing it...what a fun game.
I don’t think CN ever relinquished the lead. The closest SRV got was being down 1.

I stand corrected, too much great basketball to take in for 1 day! Great game. Queiroz definitely was a difference maker. Good luck to both teams in NorCal!

Last edited:
Reactions: northbaybbguru
So with true seeding, it's possible they play again in the first round of the Open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT