ADVERTISEMENT

Scores 10/19-10/21 Weekend

After working the chains for the St Mary’s vs Tokay game I tuned into NFHS Network to follow the CC vs Manteca game and the Rocklin vs GB game and I was thinking … WOW! What if Manteca beats CC and GB beats Rocklin? That could shake up the top seedings for SJS D2 playoffs. Didn’t happen, not even partially. So, Rocklin will retain the #2 seed. Does Manteca with the close loss to CC move to the #3 seed and surpass Jesuit? Does Granite Bay with 3OT loss to Rocklin sneak into #3 or #4 seed? Jesuit has a game (Saturday) vs Elk Grove. Could this game be another barn burner for this weekends series of games? Jesuit wins and they most likely land the #3 seed. But these last two performances from Manteca and Granite Bay may have something to say.

Gotta say, the Rocklin-Granite Bay game tonight was CRAZY. My wife and I were nearly speechless.

Just so many twists and turns. Officiating was suspect all game long. On both sides.

Each team had a game-altering defensive TD. Both teams played with a lot of passion and heart.

It was really a shame that one team had to lose the game.

I wouldn’t be surprise if these two teams met again in a month or so.

Gotta say, the Rocklin-Granite Bay game tonight was CRAZY. My wife and I were nearly speechless.

Just so many twists and turns. Officiating was suspect all game long. On both sides.

Each team had a game-altering defensive TD. Both teams played with a lot of passion and heart.

It was really a shame that one team had to lose the game.

I wouldn’t be surprise if these two teams met again in a month or so.
Amazing. Big game next week TR as your Thunder come to Oak Ridge for a 2nd place battle in SFL. I expect another really close game between 2 excellent programs.

Reactions: ThunderRam
After working the chains for the St Mary’s vs Tokay game I tuned into NFHS Network to follow the CC vs Manteca game and the Rocklin vs GB game and I was thinking … WOW! What if Manteca beats CC and GB beats Rocklin? That could shake up the top seedings for SJS D2 playoffs. Didn’t happen, not even partially. So, Rocklin will retain the #2 seed. Does Manteca with the close loss to CC move to the #3 seed and surpass Jesuit? Does Granite Bay with 3OT loss to Rocklin sneak into #3 or #4 seed? Jesuit has a game (Saturday) vs Elk Grove. Could this game be another barn burner for this weekends series of games? Jesuit wins and they most likely land the #3 seed. But these last two performances from Manteca and Granite Bay may have something to say.
D2 is so loaded. Jesuit is sort of sneaky with only a 1 pt loss to a pretty good SI team. I was at that game and if you stop CJ Lee you will beat them. Very dynamic player but Jesuit is solid. I wouldn’t take them lightly. Should be a fun SJS!

Newman beat Rancho 28-13 to remain undefeated behind a huge game from Zach Homan. 30 carry’s, 298 yards, 4TD. Newman line play is closer to a d1 team this year. Just got to improve the air game a little. Big game vs Windsor wait for NBL.

Reactions: THEOC89
Alisal 49 Pacific Grove 21
Harbor 21 Pajaro Valley 6
Monte Vista Christian 56 Santa Cruz 0
Salinas 44 Alvarez 14
Greenfield 35 Stevenson 12
North Salinas 52 Rancho 20
San Lorenzo Valley 21 Marina 14
Soquel 14 Palma 7

Cost me 10. Grant so undisciplined . There penalties tonight we’re ridiculous. Example. They go for it on 4th and 8 from their own 45. Get a 30-40 yd completion and receiver gets up and spins the ball . Take 15 back. At least 2 of the MT long td’s should have been stopped at scrimmage . Poor tackling and penalties got them tonight
Man you pretty much summed it up! Very undisciplined football team.

LAST MINUTE GAMECANCEL..Is DLS at Foothill, but El Cerrito stepped in and took on the Spartans and dropping the game with Salisan and lost 46.79 and loosing El Cerrito's undefeated record.

Man you pretty much summed it up! Very undisciplined football team.
How’s this for undisciplined?

Sierra Canyon vs Gardena Serra… SC is a top 10 national team according to Calpreps, but Serra had played them toe-to-toe for nearly the entire game and were tied at 28 late into the 4th qtr.

Serra gets a stop on D late in the game and because of a few penalties, SC chooses to line up for a 54-yard FG. 54 yards! The kick? Not even close… but wait, there is a flag. Of course there is. Roughing the kicker… automatic first down… on a 54-yard FG attempt. So, of course SC takes advantage of their second opportunity and drives for the winning score.

Last edited:
LAST MINUTE GAMECANCEL..Is DLS at Foothill, but El Cerrito stepped in and took on the Spartans and dropping the game with Salisan and lost 46.79 and loosing El Cerrito's undefeated record.

Was this a Russian AI generated blurb?

aq5nl9bnftz71.jpg

D2 is so loaded. Jesuit is sort of sneaky with only a 1 pt loss to a pretty good SI team. I was at that game and if you stop CJ Lee you will beat them. Very dynamic player but Jesuit is solid. I wouldn’t take them lightly. Should be a fun SJS!
D2 is indeed loaded. Manteca showed in its game vs Central Catholic that they are a much different team with Bryson Davis back. In last nights game, Bryson Davis was the workhorse for the Buffaloes, gaining 198 yards on 25 carries with scoring runs of 3 and 63 yards, both in the second period (as shared in the Manteca Bulletin). Unsure why they didn’t turn to him on that 4th and 5 play. Maybe exhausted? Maybe expected? Hence Manteca attempts a pass?

Note: both St. Mary’s and Rocklin played and destroyed Manteca without Bryson Davis. It will be a much different game when Manteca potentially faces these teams again. Not saying Manteca wins, but it will be a much closer contest. Central Catholic is no pushover especially with their transfers now playing.

Jesuit is definitely going to be a contender, as well. CJ Lee is an athlete! He’s a dual threat and the Achilles heal for St. Mary’s defense, as Turlock exposed last year. But the Rams D has improved and played well against Tracy’s mobile QB. The Rams secondary is especially better with the addition of transfer CB Adam Taylor. SM will be ready! GO RAMS!!!

D2 is indeed loaded.
I suspect the SJS did this in response to the NCS and CCS getting a second D-I team into the CIF playoffs. I think it will also impact how the Central Section is placed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT