ADVERTISEMENT

Scores 9/13

42-21 DLS over Folsom.6 min left
Impressed with how #7 battled and how good badger is. Folsom didn’t quit.
DLS just came out and made a statement and Folsom never recovered.

Makes one wonder if Folsom had played a high quality team earlier in the season (Win or lose), maybe they are better prepared for speed and hitting of DLS at the start of the game? Like a boxer taking 2-3 quick blows in the first 10 seconds of a fight, they were in a daze til the 2nd quarter. You can’t replicate quality competition in practice...Folsom’s weak schedule simply doesn’t help prepare them for something like DLS.

Last edited:
Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Folsom has played a very good 2nd half.
Outplayed DLS. Just can’t spot them 20. Very impressed with QB and Badger is going to be playing on Sunday.
42-27 and Folsom has ball.

Outplayed DLS. Just can’t spot them 20. Very impressed with QB and Badger is going to be playing on Sunday.

Badger is going to be playing on Sunday? Let’s calm your horses here lol he’s good but cmon

Reactions: jamzz94549
Finals

Liberty 24 - Monte Vista 21

Pitt 56 - BOD 10

SRV 10 - Antioch 9

Heritage 21 - Amador Valley 14

CVC 69 - Overfelt 6

Logan 21 - San Leandro 18

Foothill 35 - Granada 13

Dublin 49 - Washington 21

MC beats Monterey 41-0 was 34-0 at half MC calls off the horses in the second half

Badger is going to be playing on Sunday? Let’s calm your horses here lol he’s good but cmon

I said that about Jonah Williams first time I saw him for Folsom. Badger has that same pedigree. Sat with a lot of former college players tnite and they said same thing. When you see somebody that good it’s not far fetched. A lot of people close to Folsom program think he’s better than Joe Ngata.

Reactions: RidgeRider
I said that about Jonah Williams first time I saw him for Folsom. Badger has that same pedigree. Sat with a lot of former college players tnite and they said same thing. When you see somebody that good it’s not far fetched. A lot of people close to Folsom program think he’s better than Joe Ngata.

Yeah Williams was a 5 star top OT in the nation about 99.9% of this board called that, Badger isn’t as sure of a thing.........but he’s very good no doubt

DLS let down early and Folsom was lucky although executed two good onside kicks. The Spartans were never in jeopardy. Pretty dominating win. WCAL and CCS has had closer games than Folsom during its Norcal spreak.

Reactions: THEOC89
Williams wasn’t a 5 Star when he stepped on campus. And no 99% of people didn’t call it. Badger will be a 5 Star by end of year. He’s very good? There is understatement of the decade. Ask DLS. Where you at the game?
I watch 75% of there games.

Your just one of those trolls. Argue because you have nothing better to do.

Just curious Larry . Your hatred of Sheldon is well documented. #7 QB and Badger were both Jr Huskies and and destined for Sheldon. My question for you is would you constantly be raving about these two if they were not at Folsom

Reactions: Truthhertz
DLS let down early and Folsom was lucky although executed two good onside kicks. The Spartans were never in jeopardy. Pretty dominating win. WCAL and CCS has had closer games than Folsom during its Norcal spreak.

I agree. Never thought they would lose and they made a great statement early. Folsom made some big blunders early. Jumped on 4th and 8. DLS gets first and then scores. Badger fumbles and Folsom was moving ball. DLS buried them early but hats off to Folsom for not giving up. Ngata catches that pass on 4th and he scores and it’s a 1 possession game.

[B said:
"Irish_Cheers[/B], post: 241835, member: 788"]Bells beat Vintage 21-13.

Whoa!! Seriously..?? Bells beat Vintage?? That has Got to be the upset of the nite in NorCal for sure!
A huge win for Bells & Janda and never more needed than now.

Folsom’s line play hurt them this year, big time! Last year they were much better.

Just curious Larry . Your hatred of Sheldon is well documented. #7 QB and Badger were both Jr Huskies and and destined for Sheldon. My question for you is would you constantly be raving about these two if they were not at Folsom

Those kids can play. I could care less where they came from or if they play for Folsom now or Sheldon. Another troll comment. Stick to the topic. This isn’t about Sheldon

Reactions: mrbig864
Del Oro over Sac High 41-20. Running clock in 3rd qtr. Dragons down on players this year.

Lot of injuries during the game for them tonight. Hope they get back next week.

Reactions: coachlittle
Cosumnes oaks over monterey trail 36-35.
Upset of the night in the Sacto area. Monterey Trail was up 35-17 mid third quarter and got a horrible case of the fumbles one drive after another. Most were unforced. Kind of just gave the game away.

2008 Serra San Mateo lost by 1 pt to DLS, on a botched PAT that sparty converted for two. No time left.

Williams wasn’t a 5 Star when he stepped on campus. And no 99% of people didn’t call it. Badger will be a 5 Star by end of year. He’s very good? There is understatement of the decade. Ask DLS. Where you at the game?
I watch 75% of there games.

Your just one of those trolls. Argue because you have nothing better to do.

I’ve never been a troll since I been on this board since 2005, I called Williams an NFLer too so what’s ur point? Very good? Sorry if that wasn’t a good enough superlative for you he’s a friggin great player.......yes I watched 100% of the game tonight so don’t flatter yourself as the end all of High school football, this board is unique because we all have an opinion just because ours don’t align doesn’t make me a “troll” with “nothing” else to do.......you can be so childish sometimes when someone doesn’t agree with you ?

Because I said calm down on calling a teenager an future NFLer makes me a troll? I was even just making a little joke in another thread on the campo Mack game and you throw another tantrum, so strange coming from another poster who we have posted in the same threads literally thousands of times coming upon three different decades soon and never had this weird interaction with you before?

Good to know you’re the only one allowed to have a hot take on the NCP :) So when MC and CN square off in the d4 final you going to call me a troll when we have a differing opinion on who wins that match up? Lol childish

Last edited:
Upset of the night in the Sacto area. Monterey Trail was up 35-17 mid third quarter and got a horrible case of the fumbles one drive after another. Most were unforced. Kind of just gave the game away.
Could it have been CO stuffed MT's inside veer and dared them to beat them with the pass? Not an upset if they actually figured that out. Just my 2cents and I'm just a gotdamn poster.

It seems if a poster disagrees with Larry they are now a troll. The guy is a tool who thinks he knows everything. I sat with a lot of college players who agree with me he bellows, who cares Larry. The kid is a HS football player and you’re putting him in the NFL is a ridiculous statement on many levels. So what if you predicted JW many things derail kids everything from girls to drugs and a myriad of things in between. Enjoy them in HS and hope they reach their goals, don’t make them a all pro just so you can boast I called it if it happens. Because you won’t be here in 5 years or so saying you F-ed up if he doesn’t.

Reactions: 13 others and MC415
Could it have been CO stuffed MT's inside veer and dared them to beat them with the pass? Not an upset if they actually figured that out. Just my 2cents and I'm just a gotdamn poster.
No, that wasn't really it. Everybody stacks the box every game. If anything, CO did a better job of keeping MT from using its outside speed. If MT had done nothing but run straight up the middle for no gain in the 4th quarter and bled the clock, they would have won. MT score five touchdowns. It's not like the offense was shut down. All of those fumbles just gave CO too many extra possessions.

I’ve never been a troll since I been on this board since 2005, I called Williams an NFLer too so what’s ur point? Very good? Sorry if that wasn’t a good enough superlative for you he’s a friggin great player.......yes I watched 100% of the game tonight so don’t flatter yourself as the end all of High school football, this board is unique because we all have an opinion just because ours don’t align doesn’t make me a “troll” with “nothing” else to do.......you can be so childish sometimes when someone doesn’t agree with you ?

Because I said calm down on calling a teenager an future NFLer makes me a troll? I was even just making a little joke in another thread on the campo Mack game and you throw another tantrum, so strange coming from another poster who we have posted in the same threads literally thousands of times coming upon three different decades soon and never had this weird interaction with you before?

Good to know you’re the only one allowed to have a hot take on the NCP :) So when MC and CN square off in the d4 final you going to call me a troll when we have a differing opinion on who wins that match up? Lol childish

“Well that escalated quickly”

-RB (Old-school SD section poster)

Last edited:
And kept MT defense in the field too much? Did the MT D wear down?
CO swung for the fences on almost every play. Hit a handful of big throws when it mattered. Not really consistently, but they had a lot of opportunities. They made the most of them.

Reactions: RidgeRider
Makes one wonder if Folsom had played a high quality team earlier in the season (Win or lose), maybe they are better prepared for speed and hitting of DLS at the start of the game? Like a boxer taking 2-3 quick blows in the first 10 seconds of a fight, they were in a daze til the 2nd quarter. You can’t replicate quality competition in practice...Folsom’s weak schedule simply doesn’t help prepare them for something like DLS.
Maybe, it’s a thought, but at the end of the day it’s just woulda, coulda,shoulda. They’ve had plenty of opportunities to remedy that and have flat out refused to do so.DLS is just better, always has been.My only issue really is that Folsom seems to want the respect that DLS has earned without earning it themselves by scheduling the types of teams that would get them the respect.The shame is that in recent years they’ve had the teams to do it.

No, that wasn't really it. Everybody stacks the box every game. If anything, CO did a better job of keeping MT from using its outside speed. If MT had done nothing but run straight up the middle for no gain in the 4th quarter and bled the clock, they would have won. MT score five touchdowns. It's not like the offense was shut down. All of those fumbles just gave CO too many extra possessions.
I hear you. However, I know a coach that didn't stack the box against MT. And he owns a very huge commanding head to head lead over the MT program. So saying everyone stacks the box on MT isn't quite correct. I know this first hand. That said, I'm sure MT would beat CO 8 out of 10 times. Phew, glad this wasn't a pick'em game. I'd lost 10 points.

Maybe, it’s a thought, but at the end of the day it’s just woulda, coulda,shoulda. They’ve had plenty of opportunities to remedy that and have flat out refused to do so.DLS is just better, always has been.My only issue really is that Folsom seems to want the respect that DLS has earned without earning it themselves by scheduling the types of teams that would get them the respect.The shame is that in recent years they’ve had the teams to do it.

Last night if you were just counting kids and had to pick the top 10 on the field at least 2/3rds of them based on talent alone would come from Folsom side. Maybe more. Yet not 1x did I believe De La Salle would lose that game. If they played 5x DLS wins all of them. Execution , coaching, team, etc. all goes into a winning formula. They’ve been the best and still are. It’s probably something few people outside that family will truly understand. It’s always been bigger than me.

Reactions: northbayfb
Only 2 WCAL schools (St. Francis and Riordan) have defeated DLS and that was in the early Lad years before the Spartans embarked on their amazing winning streak.

Reactions: remc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT