ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmages

Larno51

Superstar
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2021
It's scrimmage time next week for a lot of schools. Some interesting match-ups that give some live action with no season record effect. My team Turlock was apparently not satisfied with a non-conference schedule of Rocklin, Tracy, Folsom, Central of Fresno, and Clovis West - they are hosting Grant next Friday the 16th. I have no idea what kind of a team Turlock will have this year as I think their returning senior class is small in numbers but they will certainly have their hands full with Grant. They will have faced the top team (Folsom) and possibly the top three teams in the section before league starts. Well, they want to toughen up for the post-season. Wish granted.

So, what are some other interesting scrimmages?

It's scrimmage time next week for a lot of schools. Some interesting match-ups that give some live action with no season record effect. My team Turlock was apparently not satisfied with a non-conference schedule of Rocklin, Tracy, Folsom, Central of Fresno, and Clovis West - they are hosting Grant next Friday the 16th. I have no idea what kind of a team Turlock will have this year as I think their returning senior class is small in numbers but they will certainly have their hands full with Grant. They will have faced the top team (Folsom) and possibly the top three teams in the section before league starts. Well, they want to toughen up for the post-season. Wish granted.

So, what are some other

OK, I'm sure many of you have gone to a scrimmage tonight. Depending on how they're run and how many top players play or don't play some questions can be answered that only live action can reveal. I was not sure what Turlock was bringing this year but in watching the scrimmage against Grant I feel better. Granted (yes, a pun) Grant clearly had a ton of talent and as expected had several gash plays, long runs and passes,for touchdowns, while Turlock only had two touchdowns, with the second one at the end of the time. But aside from the big plays Turlock was able to demonstrate some physicality, even stopping Grant inside the 10 on four downs. Now
Turlock gets to jump out of the frying pan into the fire next week at home against Rocklin.

So, comments about other scrimmages of note?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT