ADVERTISEMENT

Semetri Carr Commits to Cal

at this point what is the purpose of playing at riordan? you already got your scholly... save up the body and get ready to cash them checks

Not sure but Mad Dog Madsen doing some nice recruiting over at CAL. Gotta think he would be a players coach given how he played the game.

Prep hoops website

Semetri Carr​

Class2025
PositionPG
Height6'1"
School Redwood
Wonder if he'll have to sit out some games to start the season since he's transferring within the MCAL. That's the way it's worked for other guys recently. That's a pretty big pick up for a Redwood program that underachieved last year.

I’ve personally never understood the hype around Carr. Like I have said previously in this forum, if your under 6’3 the odds of you getting past the college level of basketball are about the same as you hitting the lottery.

Carr isn’t good enough for the Prep School level, heck I’d take one step further and say Ryder Bush is a better prospect than he is.

What I don’t understand is why transfer to Redwood and sit out, when he probably could have gone back to Branson and started right away?

Redwood isn't a bad program at all and he's already going to CAL. Redwood has averaged of 20 wins a season the last 4 years and beat Branson in 2022. He will make the MCAL interesting. He will average 20-5-5 vs 7-2-3.

He was told of being denied elgibility at riordan he didn’t just randomly leave. He was going to have to sit the whole year so clearly not staying.
So then how is he not sitting a year at redwood. They are in the same league. Now I can see a transfer from say a Branson to Redwood due to certain factors. But going out of district than returning a guy doesn’t have to sit. And who is advising these guys. Wouldn’t say Riordan or even Branson say dude you may have an eligibility issue. Or just yeah go ahead and enroll and good luck. He had NJ Gray who blew it up this summer as a teammate and could go along ways. Versus now he is at redwood who isn’t gonna even sniff nor cals. I just don’t get it. Wish him well. I want to see Mad Dog do well. And I think Carr is damn good

I’ve personally never understood the hype around Carr. Like I have said previously in this forum, if your under 6’3 the odds of you getting past the college level of basketball are about the same as you hitting the lottery.

Carr isn’t good enough for the Prep School level, heck I’d take one step further and say Ryder Bush is a better prospect than he is.

What I don’t understand is why transfer to Redwood and sit out, when he probably could have gone back to Branson and started right away?
Can't we just enjoy high school basketball without the endless projections of whether they'll eventually be pros or not? Saying that Carr isn't good enough for the Prep School level is a joke IMO. Disagree about the Ryder Bush comment as well but I guess you know more BB than the Mad Dog!

Now that I think of it, at the Battle of NorCal last month, Carr was announced as playing for Redwood. So I'd think he never attended the R at all.

Can't we just enjoy high school basketball without the endless projections of whether they'll eventually be pros or not? Saying that Carr isn't good enough for the Prep School level is a joke IMO. Disagree about the Ryder Bush comment as well but I guess you know more BB than the Mad Dog!
Agree - I think Carr is legit based on seeing him play for Branson a number of times. He deserves all of the recognition he's getting. He's a great signing for Cal and very cool to see a local kid stay home for college. Whether he makes it to the NBA isn't really worth debating at this point - let's see how he does in college. It will be fun to see if he can elevate Redwood a bit this year as they've had some surprising early exits in the NCS playoffs recently.

Now that I think of it, at the Battle of NorCal last month, Carr was announced as playing for Redwood. So I'd think he never attended the R at all.
I agree. Carr probably made some type of administrative commitment to attend Riordan in the Fall which enabled him to play for Riordan at Section 7 and Cali Live.

Agree - I think Carr is legit based on seeing him play for Branson a number of times. He deserves all of the recognition he's getting. He's a great signing for Cal and very cool to see a local kid stay home for college. Whether he makes it to the NBA isn't really worth debating at this point - let's see how he does in college. It will be fun to see if he can elevate Redwood a bit this year as they've had some surprising early exits in the NCS playoffs recently.
Not sure where NBA chatter came from but seems like a nice get for CAL and will be a really good addition for Redwood.

Not sure where NBA chatter came from but seems like a nice get for CAL and will be a really good addition for Redwood.
the chatter comes from the fact that carr is the most surefire nba star point guard to come out of the bay area sense jason kidd. redwood is a shoe in to win ncs d2 this year and should win state depending on match ups in regionals and state

Redwood will be good, and probably a real contender, but shoo-in for NCS d2? I wouldn't go quite that far...

Even with TT there, they'll have some real battles in NCS, no matter what division they get placed in.

Just looked at their schedule, 14 games are up at this point. They have Montgomery, SRV and University-SF on their December slate so far. They ain't ducking anyone, for sure.

Will be a team to pay attention to, especially since they had zero seniors last season and went 16-13.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT