ADVERTISEMENT

Serra Blake Bottarini Class of 2019 RIP

Where Are They Now

Sports Fanatic
Sep 6, 2011
Alamo
https://www.smdailyjournal.com/news/local/serra-senior-dies-in-solo-car-crash/article_bf4b8928-aa77-11e8-b4a6-0f86e8943f6e.html

Blake was a remarkable young man, a senior at Serra, also with a Twin brother. He may have stayed that night at his dad's in La Honda and possibly his brother was at his moms.

When this story first broke, due to similarities in their last name, many on the Peninsula mistakenly thought that the person who died was
Luke Bottari.

Yesterday and throughout the year Serra had/will have counselors on duty for those who need so.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/prayer-service-for-teen-killed-in-crash-on-way-to-san-mateo-high-school

https://abc7news.com/teenager-killed-in-crash-on-highway-35-near-redwood-city/4071418/

Last edited:
Sad. Very Sad.

I have a 16 year old brother who is itching to learn how to drive. I feel it's important to learn and its a life skill one should learn. But our father never let me drive to school when I was his age and from my personal experiences, I wouldn't suggest any parent let their kid drive to high school. Tons of distractions come with the privilege but above all the inexperience makes it extremely dangerous to the driver. Of course, the only way one gets experience is by getting behind the wheel. I just feel a drive to school is not the ideal time for that.

RIP.

Sad. Very Sad.

I have a 16 year old brother who is itching to learn how to drive. I feel it's important to learn and its a life skill one should learn. But our father never let me drive to school when I was his age and from my personal experiences, I wouldn't suggest any parent let their kid drive to high school. Tons of distractions come with the privilege but above all the inexperience makes it extremely dangerous to the driver. Of course, the only way one gets experience is by getting behind the wheel. I just feel a drive to school is not the ideal time for that.

RIP.

Our son badly wanted to drive when he turned 15.5 years but my wife is old country max and stonewalled him.
Since his year round sthletic training was 2x days, 5:30 am and then again to almost 7:00 pm after school he came to appreciate the chauffeuring where he could rest/decompress and flat out sleep in the early mornings.
Best of all for us was the travel times together where (when he was awake) we discussed everything from his day in school, in training, his teachers, classmates, upcoming events, and just life in general..... the time lost sharing at the dinner table was replaced by sharing in transit.

When he learned to drive I always reminded him that ALL the other drivers were either distracted, tired or just plain stupid and that he should drive accordingly..... now 10 years later still tell him the same thing, when he rarely drives, bikes all over the Bay when not uber-ing

Our prayers and thoughts to Blake and his family.

I know that stretch of road well it can get very dense fog especially early morning not sure if that might have played a factor here. Either way very sad story RIP Blake.

Reactions: coachlittle
Prayers to this young man"s family and team mates!! Just too darn young and parents should not have to bury their children. Heartbreaking news. RIP young man

Prayers and condolences to the family and Padre community. May he Rest In Peace.

I won’t 2nd guess his parents as who knows what led to this tragic accidentally at this point? I do know that I made each of my kids wait until they were almost 18 to start driving, and glad I did.

I often think of all the stupid and dangerous things I did at that age, without a 2nd thought. It’s a wonder there aren’t more incidents like this in my opinion.

God bless this family... very sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT